How much do u get out of a full tank?

helloo...

I'm just wondering how much people get out of a full tank on the sportivo... I've heard from a few ppl now that they get over 700kms!!!!!! Since I got my car i've filled up twice and the first time i managed to just get over 400km's (I must say I pushed it quite a bit) and the second time about 450km's (I thought I was driving conservatively and hit lift maybe only 8 times or so?)

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before... but pleease can you help me... Is there something wrong with my car? or are 700kms + just rumours...

Thanks...

Edited by Wanju

i don't drive a stivo but i doubt it'll get 700km. driving conservatively means keeping the rev under 3500rpm. hitting lift 'only' 8 times in one tank isn't being conservative mate. i wonder how you drove on the previous tank if u say u drove quite hard. thats my 2 cents.

u prob can try ur absolute best to push 700 out of a tank but u'd be driving on freeway going @ 100kph for the whole tank.. i with city driving you can get 700, i drive an auto corolla and i get 500 out of a tank.. max 550 once but really 700++ is bit too much? unless someone wanna prove me wrong

My stivo is sitting outside with 675km on it, and probably 10 litres left in the tank.

80% country, but I do a lot of over-taking at full throttle.

What he said. If you're doing city driving you're not going to hit 700km. Over taking at full throttle uses less fuel than having to propel the car to start moving from still motion.

Basically, like Kenneth said, unless you're driving 100kph (or 80kph, results show on average you get the most km out of travelling at this speed) over a long duaration, you're not going to get 700+. Use the functions on your trip computer and you can see how many liter's you're using per 100km.

So best thing to do is, don't thrash your car if you're really fuel conscious.

He drives an auto corolla..............with a TRD supercharger bolted on to it!!

I dunno how you guys work it out but lately I'm getting about 410kms per half tank, which for me translates to roughly 7.6L/100km.

I drive on the freeway most of the time, its good to get good fuel economy, but then again I'm also paying about $40 a week in toll expenses.

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before... but pleease can you help me... Is there something wrong with my car? or are 700kms + just rumours...

Its no myth. Just depends on driving style and conditions, I wouldn't be worried about something being wrong. Once you get used to it and use the some fuel saving driving you'll be able to extend the tank. Also, due to the short gearing you use a lot more fuel doing 110kph instead of 100kph. Same goes for most other speeds, if you speed you use more fuel for very little time saving.

Its no myth. Just depends on driving style and conditions, I wouldn't be worried about something being wrong. Once you get used to it and use the some fuel saving driving you'll be able to extend the tank. Also, due to the short gearing you use a lot more fuel doing 110kph instead of 100kph. Same goes for most other speeds, if you speed you use more fuel for very little time saving.

Here here!

wow this again???

I drive til the red light comes on, and its usually at 550 - 650km.

And I am not a very conservative driver, that counts even when I do the hillclimb.

So 700km a tank is no where near impossible, if u think that then u must drive at max revs constantly <_<

wow this again???

And I am not a very conservative driver, that counts even when I do the hillclimb.

So 700km a tank is no where near impossible, if u think that then u must drive at max revs constantly <_<

LOL okay so last week i drove my car down to nelsons bay and coming back up to sydney on the freeway there was no petrol station my mate thought it would be okay - wrong he was got the red light saying it was on empty; did about 40kms on empty until we finally found a shell LOL true story (Y) DONT EVER DO THAT BUT so so bad for the car & fcukin scary esp on a highway in the middle of nowhere

Edited by mrs.sportivo

wow this again???

LOL okay so last week i drove my car down to nelsons bay and coming back up to sydney on the freeway there was no petrol station my mate thought it would be okay - wrong he was got the red light saying it was on empty; did about 40kms on empty until we finally found a shell LOL true story (Y) DONT EVER DO THAT BUT so so bad for the car & fcukin scary esp on a highway in the middle of nowhere

??? When the light comes on there is about 10 - 15 lts left in the tank... and no matter who is driving that will get u at least 100 - 150km