WILL THE 3SGTE BOLT UP TO SPORTIVO 6 SPEED

HI THERE GUYS THE COROLLS HAS GOT A FEW KS UNDER ITS BELT NOW U . NOW I SPOKE TO THE RTA AND THEY SAID IT FINE TO PUT THE 3SGTE IN THE COROLLA FROM 01 TO 05 AS YOU CAN USE THE ENGINE OUT OF IMPORTED CARDINA , SO JUST THINKING ABOUT MAYBE A TRANSPLANT AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE 6 SPEED FROM THE 2ZZGE , WOULD LIKE YOU INPUT CHEERS JASON :yahoo:

Edited by buzziesportivo

HI THERE GUYS THE COROLLS HAS GOT A FEW KS UNDER ITS BELT NOW U . NOW I SPOKE TO THE RTA AND THEY SAID IT FINE TO PUT THE 3SGTE IN THE COROLLA FROM 01 TO 05 AS YOU CAN USE THE ENGINE OUT OF IMPORTED CARDINA , SO JUST THINKING ABOUT MAYBE A TRANSPLANT AND JUST WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE 6 SPEED FROM THE 2ZZGE , WOULD LIKE YOU INPUT CHEERS JASON :yahoo:

hmmm first up good to see you got a concise answer from the rta

even better if the motor you have to use is the caldina 3sgte theyve got a bit more powa!! so ive heard

i doubt id bother using the stivo gearbox the close ratio's probably wouldnt be suited to a turbo spose just using the 3sge box would be substantial

IT'S A CLOSE RATIO BOX. I DON'T THINK IT'S WHAT YOU WOULD BE AFTER. CALL NEIL BATES AUTOMOTIVE.

Bah Rob, i've told you many times, Neal Bates Automotive wont help you with road car engine transplants.

The Caldina is a 4WD 3S-GTE as far as I know. I doubt you will be able to modiy the corolla for 4WD and get it engineered.

If you are going for a FWD i'm not sure if the 6 speed will bolt up or not. As for the engine, have you checked it will fit? I know it does, but i'm pretty sure you will need to make custom mounts etc. Seems like a lot of work and a lot of dollars that you could just put into the 2ZZ.

good to see the rta gave u that awesome answer of assurance ...... now to reality ...... i obviously have not done this mod but from memory when measuring it all up i think there was going to need to be some chopping or some crucial pieces which would then mean the car cant be road legal ....... unless the rta can advise on how they got around such matters.

IT'S A CLOSE RATIO BOX. I DON'T THINK IT'S WHAT YOU WOULD BE AFTER. CALL NEIL BATES AUTOMOTIVE.

Bah Rob, i've told you many times, Neal Bates Automotive wont help you with road car engine transplants.

You ruined it. You idiot. I wanted him to call them :angry:

lol!

it all sounds like something that is allowable but for the cash youll be throwing at it for the conversion you could probably get a similar result working with whats already there im sure after screwing about getting it in engineered and everything else youd have to upgrade for it all to be legal bill would still most likely stomp it into the ground

lol!

it all sounds like something that is allowable but for the cash youll be throwing at it for the conversion you could probably get a similar result working with whats already there im sure after screwing about getting it in engineered and everything else youd have to upgrade for it all to be legal bill would still most likely stomp it into the ground

Hehe. Mick told me in the past that if you call them up and even hint about doing a 3SGTE 4x4 conversion to a newer corolla, they just say "NAO!" and hang up.

I imagine a halfcut from a caldina that is newer then your car would be quite expensive. Probably have to do a bit of firewall massaging :D Just get the whole bottom end rebuilt and throw a turbo on it. You can start flooding Xoom's PM box now. Pretty much the fastest zze123 corolla in Oz belongs to Xoom and that things kinda stops me from breathing when I got a chance for a joy ride.

Since when did he say that he say that he was going to turn it into a 4WD corolla??

the engine wont bolt up to the sportivo 6-speed, but you're better off using an E series box from an SW20 turbo with LSD. Grab some linkages from a FWD E series box (AE92, AE101 GTZ or AE95 4wd, V6 camry etc). Your standard shifter and shift cables will work fine with the SW20 E-series box.

Use some AE101 GTZ driveshafts and modify the carrier bracket to suit the 3S block, you'll need 3 of the 4 mounts modified to fit the 3S with E series 5-speed to the ZZE engine bay. The front and rear mounts are pretty straight forward, the timing cover mount is the most involved but still not too hard if you retain the stock ZZE mount from the rail and fabricate a new bracket from the block to the insulator.

I can't remember if the Caldina uses a non-return fuel system, if it is a return-style then convert the ZZE fuel pump assembly to return style with the external regulator and a 6mm or 8mm return line. If the caldina engine uses a non-return style like the Altezza 3S then grab a walbro and slap that into the sportivo fuel pump housing.

You can use the Caldina engine loom and ECU or go with an aftermarket ECU. Caldina loom + ECU is the only way to get it engineered in NSW for a reasonable amount of $$$... I doubt you'll get it engineered legally with an aftermarket ECU.

All the rest of the stuff is fairly straightforward conversion stuff like radiator and heater core hoses, cooler and intake piping.

I imagine a halfcut from a caldina that is newer then your car would be quite expensive. Probably have to do a bit of firewall massaging :D Just get the whole bottom end rebuilt and throw a turbo on it. You can start flooding Xoom's PM box now. Pretty much the fastest zze123 corolla in Oz belongs to Xoom and that things kinda stops me from breathing when I got a chance for a joy ride.

Since when did he say that he say that he was going to turn it into a 4WD corolla??

Bates is renowned for using the GT4 setup on top of a corolla chassis, I was just hinting at that.

check out www.fensport.co.uk

they have a corolla with 3sgte n 4wd 650bhp

only problem is they are in uk

Pretty sure the UK car is a slightly different shape body to the aussie one. Better to check out the Bates one, but its not street legal

check out www.fensport.co.uk

they have a corolla with 3sgte n 4wd 650bhp

only problem is they are in uk

Pretty sure the UK car is a slightly different shape body to the aussie one. Better to check out the Bates one, but its not street legal

Fensport 3SGTE 4WD ZZE122

Looks like a standard ZZE to me, they used the 5-door body shape as opposed to the 3-door T-Sport that we didn't get here.

yeah i saw a vid of that car taking on an r32 gtr it lost but not by much lol! the gtr was tweaked off its head.

i think if i were going to do the 3sgte swap itd be for the 4wd only no point if its going to be front wheel drive anyway hmmmmmmm if only the supercharged trd v6 would fit lol! or a rwd convo with a lexus is200 drivetrain and 3s..... now thatd be fun

If you want a fast Corolla I suggest the Xoom-style option. You will have plenty of headaches but I suspect not as many as you would with the 3SGTE conversion.

at least all that bill found during the turbo convo will steer you in the right direction