R35 GTR .... street legal ?

hey guys,

spotted my first R35 GTR on the road today ..... i didnt think these were street legal yet ? could u even get the complianced ? big bucks i imagine .......

basically for those in sydney will knw this car eventually as its owned by Demir ...... looks like he upgraded from the ferrari i think or maybe the black lambo ......

for those outside of sydney basically the dude owns demir furniture ..... his garage includes;

1) Ferrari

2) Lambo

3) Hummer

4) Latest M series beamer

5) Latest AMG merc

and they r the cars that i have seen ...... how do i knw they r his ..... simple .... they r tagged ..... Demir, Demir1, Demir2, Demir3 etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i have seen 2 (a silver and black one) up here on the goldcoast both more than once and I dunno about you guys but I like what im seeing...maybe not what im hearing though (bout how temperamental nissan is with their warantees etc. with them).

Top Gear Aus tested a white one with NSW plates on it.

They're definitely complying them over in WA as well, a street-rego'd R35 took out Targa West last year....

I know of someone who imported over a 100 units of these. basically, you can still 'grey import' them as long as Nissan haven't brought them in yet. alot of the dealerships are getting their stock through grey importers at the moment. My mate was lucky enought o see one when they first arrived. He was a passanger in one that day but wasn't aloud to drive it. hehe poor guy.

anyway, to answer your question. yes, there are quite a few with compliance already.

Yeah there is at least one over here in WA

Not sure about the trans on them holds 10 litres at 100 dollars a litre trans fluid change every 3000 kms

Toyotas new Supra will be better

when youre rich enough to actually afford an r35 gtr, i dont think youd be too fussed about trans fluid costs.

hey guys,

spotted my first R35 GTR on the road today ..... i didnt think these were street legal yet ? could u even get the complianced ? big bucks i imagine .......

basically for those in sydney will knw this car eventually as its owned by Demir ...... looks like he upgraded from the ferrari i think or maybe the black lambo

That the furniture place next to the Caltex servo in Chatswood, near the end of the Gore Hill? Seen the Lambo and Fezza several times when stopping for petrol, head the Fezza screaming through Crows Nest too

I've also noted lately that vehicle import agents are listing the R35 as race import only now - that is for 2007 builds. Maybe the complience plates have all been bought up for the year?

Interested to find out how many have actually been imported here to see what the potential sales loss is for Nissan Australia.

Yeah there is at least one over here in WA

Not sure about the trans on them holds 10 litres at 100 dollars a litre trans fluid change every 3000 kms

when youre rich enough to actually afford an r35 gtr, i dont think youd be too fussed about trans fluid costs.

I'd be more concerned about the $20k you gotta spend when it breaks gearboxes. I don't see why they brought out a launch controller when they knew it lead to reliability issues.

Well...if we're taling about performance between IS-F(as I know IS-F is replacement of supra, right?) and R35...

I would say R35 is better...

If you're taling about looking...well..that's fully personal preference tho...hehe

Well...if we're taling about performance between IS-F(as I know IS-F is replacement of supra, right?) and R35...

I would say R35 is better...

If you're taling about looking...well..that's fully personal preference tho...hehe

I would have thought the LF-A would be more of a Supra replacement...

yeah kamikaze motors in melb were one of the first work shops that could complience the R35, and from what i can remember that was around september last year... i'm still yet to se one on the road <_< ..

Nissan dropped the R3x and just call it GT-R.

Its like a league of its own now but not sure if they rebranding it as R35 here.

Nissan GT-R

Heard a lot of stories about busted gear boxes not covered by warranty due to using the launch control too many times!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

None the less, its a great car !!!! :)

must be the demir furniture showroom at auburn. always go pass there and either see his f430, lambo or the hummer.

is it a yellow f430?

i think its red or black, defo not yellow