1stKill's Aurion

1stKill

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dude.. Piccc? I really need to buy a set now. Where did u get urs?

You can get em at most autoparts stores,i got mine from Repco about a year ago and they were about $6,normally i wouldn't bother with these sort of globes but i had them sitting at home and thought wtf i'll give em a go,so far so good.

The last few days have been bloody torture :( ... after the hail damage i noticed yesterday my new wheels have paint already missing/flaking after sundays cruise,so i called into Ace Alloys an the way home from work today,he was very surprised with the amount of chip/flake patches on my freshly painted wheels,anyway they have agreed to redo them and try and make the coating stronger and more durable,so off come my 19's and on with my trustee ole 20's until there all fixed up,at least i've haven't lowered it yet so the 20's will slip straight back on.

Also called into 2 panelshops today and they said they were already to busy with other hail damaged cars to do anything for me,so still hunting for someone to repair that,i just feel like crawling into the fetal postion and having a sook atm. ao48l2.gif

:( sorry to hear lee.........my new work car is delayed two weeks in delivery....it got hit by some hail, 2 months or more to order another one so we are accepting it, they take out all dints, deliver with workmanship warranty on dint removal and we also receive some remuneration on the already agreed value we signed on :) so works out well in end...nice discount

Thanks guys...glad it's working out for you Simon at least someones getting a win. :) and James 1 single dent in my car is bad enough let alone the 27 i've counted so far,so it's seems really bad atm,also sorry to hear about your housemates car. :(

Anyways here is a couple of pics... :( it's hard to take photos because the silver hides it on a lot of angles.

Boot lid

2yl1yk8.jpg

Roof

11ki5ci.jpg

immopl.jpg

Bonnet

nef81v.jpg

Wheels

5wb1id.jpg

Lee. As i told u in the Hail thread in lounge, im buying those DIY dent repairer.. I'm not sure with those little dents, but the vid's pretty convincing with the big dents, and has good feedback. The item hasn't got here actually, but it might be something u wanna have a look at. Seeing none of the paint in the dents are peeled off, you should at least consider it. Item's name is Pops a dent.

my cars in the exact same boat as yours mate :( can't see them until you look on an angle and then they appear! ive got them on my rear 1/4 panels and everything :(

Lee. As i told u in the Hail thread in lounge, im buying those DIY dent repairer.. I'm not sure with those little dents, but the vid's pretty convincing with the big dents, and has good feedback. The item hasn't got here actually, but it might be something u wanna have a look at. Seeing none of the paint in the dents are peeled off, you should at least consider it. Item's name is Pops a dent.

Cheers mate,yeah i saw that in the other thred,this is being done thru insurance so i'm not touching it,i want it back to perfect,the way it was before the hail,afterall this is why i pay for full comp insurance...thanks for the kind offer anyway mate. :)

my cars in the exact same boat as yours mate :( can't see them until you look on an angle and then they appear! ive got them on my rear 1/4 panels and everything :(

Sad really sad...hope she is fixed soon mate.

Hey guys & gals...yesterday i put my 20's back on and sent my 19's off to be fixed up also found a panelshop that is going to repair the hail damage,funny how time seems to ease the pain. :)

Anyway i gave her a good clean yesterday to make sure they find all the dents on mondays assesment as they are hard to pick when it was dirty,so i took a couple of pics with her old wheels and when the missus saw the 20's again she said i should keep em on instead of the Buddy Clubs (this aint gunna happen) so i'm posting a pic of each together to see what everyone else thinks,this is just to appease the other half ;) ...i personally love and already miss my Buddy Clubs and as soon as there ready will be back on with my other little planned mods. :D

x4fc06.jpg

dosn't look as classy now that i've debadged it

5esjgy.jpg

this shot was prior to debadging.

You have two subtle but completely different looks going there Lee. I would say that if you want the classy look, stay with the 20's, but the sporty look obviously goes with the 19's. The wheels alone make all the difference in this case. I guess it depends on what you want your car to be seen as.

You know my view because there aren't enough sporty looking Aurions out there.

the fox wheels definitely suit the car more in my opinion...what are you gunna do with them, sell them?

Going to sell the Fox rims & tyres....eventually ;) that was the deal/promise i made with my missus,but i kinda like having different ones to pick from atm. :P

yeah they are very different looks. atm the 20s suit the car better imo.

have you thought of colour coding/ing the chrome pieces above the foglight and side door moulding for the sporty look? what are your plans once insurance and wheels are sorted?

yeah they are very different looks. atm the 20s suit the car better imo.

have you thought of colour coding/ing the chrome pieces above the foglight and side door moulding for the sporty look? what are your plans once insurance and wheels are sorted?

G'day Chicken...while the hail damage is being done they are also doing the following.

paint grille & emblem (black)

paint boot emblem (black)

paint trims above foglight area (black) or colorcoded or remove completely,not really sure yet.

paint mirror heads/covers (black)

HID's & black headlight mod and smoked/tinted tailights are also on my to do list. :)

my only real concern is the door moulds,this will cost a few bucks to have the holes patched and doors repainted once removed,this might have to wait a bit.

lookin hot lee!

couple of suggestions from my point of view..

1. colour code your mud guards. seems like a little thing, but i reckon it totally changes the look imo. was probably the best thing i did for mine :P

2. tint your headlights

oh and IMO, the buddy clubs look hot!! for the mods you have in mind, the buddy clubs suit it perfectly :)

keep it going man! :) HID's are a must! cant believe you havent gotten them yet bro!! :P

Thanks Davo...i was actually thinking of removing them because the black mudflaps atm don't work for me either and i don't think color coded is what i'm after,i'm almost thinking it needs some sort of bodykit :o but i will hold off on that for as long as i can.I'm also now considering removing the moulds above the foglight area all together,i hope these are not clipped in with holes,will have to check that out.

Ingres...thanks mate,glad you like the look.

EDIT...and the more i look at it,the more i think it needs eyelids.

Shannons finally approved my hail claim today,i found out that the repairs are costing close to $5500 and this is why they were dragging their feet on approval (so the bodyshop guy said).Anyway because there is so many other hail repairs atm mine won't get done until the week after Easter :( the main thing i suppose is he assured me it will be back to perfect and thats really all i'm worried about.