What did you do to your car today?

Gave her some energy drink and took her for a leisurely jog here to Mooloolaba.

Next time drive another 10 mins and say hi?

-Azza

I've got a bit of work to do while I'm here. I'm at Mantra and will be staying the night. Can catch up tomorrow afternoon if you're free.

just popped out stock 2005 sportivo headunit so am ready to test a 2008 headunit with bluetooth and mpe player input on saturday morning.....have found one for sale and am meeting to buy it.....atleast now i can quickly plug in and ensure works before outlay the cash :)

hopefully all goes well sat morning then i have integrated bluetooth and a much sexier head unit and best of all looks dead stock and meant to be there

just popped out stock 2005 sportivo headunit so am ready to test a 2008 headunit with bluetooth and mpe player input on saturday morning.....have found one for sale and am meeting to buy it.....atleast now i can quickly plug in and ensure works before outlay the cash :)

hopefully all goes well sat morning then i have integrated bluetooth and a much sexier head unit and best of all looks dead stock and meant to be there

awesome dude, can you PM me what sort of money these newer units are worth and where you are getting it etc , model it's from and the likes?

Today nothing got done on my 82 although i put a for sale sticker on the back window of the 93 :(

Found out how good lift sounds with TRD CAI! Need to get smaller filter so I can put fog light back in. Pretty good feed for cold air though, as bottom of TRD pod is right there though. Seat of the pants seems a bit quicker too. Really happy. Thanks Gav!

Found out how good lift sounds with TRD CAI! Need to get smaller filter so I can put fog light back in. Pretty good feed for cold air though, as bottom of TRD pod is right there though. Seat of the pants seems a bit quicker too. Really happy. Thanks Gav!

Hi mate.

TRD filter should fit fine with pre upgrade model...should be no need to change.

cheers

No wukkas mate, glad you're happy hey. :) If you can get yourself a short 45D elbow and a straight coupler, you can fit any pod filter in with the foglight in place.

Cheers, Gav.

Hi mate.

TRD filter should fit fine with pre upgrade model...should be no need to change.

cheers

Mate, if so it got the better of me.. It fouled on fog light with what was provided.

No wukkas mate, glad you're happy hey. :) If you can get yourself a short 45D elbow and a straight coupler, you can fit any pod filter in with the foglight in place.

Cheers, Gav.

Cool, thanks Gav. Im thinking about heading down to get a lil K&N pod for her as ive had em for years and always been happy. Now to lower it!

put the car to the smash repair today from the cruise from SAT.

get it back tomorrow YIPPPIEEE

then need to take it to the mechanics to fix the brakes i broke the front passenger side brake caliber and brake pad from overheating them. :(

Black brake smoke coming outta the car is never an attractive look

drove car for first time this week. thinking time to clean air filter, and someone pm if you can help me clean the maf please

whitestivo

MAF is easy as pie mate. Unscrew it, unclip the connector bit, hold MAF by flat top bit, get some circuitry cleaner comes in aerosol can and spray the little droplet of amber looking part that the air blows past, you will see it will be dirty on the side that the air hits as it rushes by, i then spray down inside the MAF (you will see where i mean when you take it off) there are other little wires/sensors down there (i think from memory) and i also spray inside where the clip attaches......clean everything lol....that circuitry spray is safe on any electrical component.....will dry really quick, then put back in :)

good idea to do an ECU reset at the same time

Edited by jaderd

Gave her some energy drink and took her for a leisurely jog here to Mooloolaba.

Next time drive another 10 mins and say hi?

-Azza

I've got a bit of work to do while I'm here. I'm at Mantra and will be staying the night. Can catch up tomorrow afternoon if you're free.

Sorry man just read this now. Perhaps next time.

Send me a bell when ur up next.

-Azza

Wired up a new power source for my door neons - they light up all the way now.

Installed my illuminated door sills - they seem more green then blue but i love them anyway :).

-Azza

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Fixed the passenger's side headlight so that it actually works.....now to get the driver's side halo fully functional (only half a ring at the moment)

Installed slim line weather shields.

That adhesive is MEGA ADHESIVE the second it hits the surface. ****** the first one up and had to redo it, but all in all a good result.

+5kw atw

put in the new headunit :) very happy

ended up costing $250 (2008 toyota one with bluetooth integrated and AUX in) which is about a good 100$ under the cheapest ive seen on ebay

all works brilliantly except...will not play cds or mp3s at all :(....at first i thought....damn dogged by the bloke (i plugged in and tested before paying, but not with a cd etc just tested it powered up) sms the guy and let him know, then i searched the error on the net and realised its a fault many many many units had/have. it cannot read any cd and says "error 1". Apparently its to do with the laser not sitting in right position and other things and wont read. Not going to bother trying to give it back to guy and get cash back, $250 aint a bit deal and i have gained what i wanted.....integrated bluetooth and aux in, each of which in seperate units may have cost $200 maybe. So yeah i have setup my mp3 player in the drop down storage space above right knee and ran the wire from aux on stereo back in behind dash and into there so i can leave the little storage space flipped down and open and change songs easy as, the mp3 player has a button you sort of flick to change songs so easy and no need to peel for a button to "press".

Sooo all in all happy, could prob grab laser part out of my old headunit for this one but meh....no real need will prob just try to flog old one off on here for afew dollars to anyone who may want it.

Love the bluetooth feature, can save 6 numbers in in speed dial, can have auto answer on if wanted and choose how long until it picks up. Auto cuts out whatever you were using etc and all sound comes through the front right speaker when talking on phone.

so yeah bitter sweet really, no audio or mp3 cd's work but everything else is good

post-3050-1249111404_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaderd