What did you do to your car today?

^^

That is some serious stuff!

Today I cleaned her inside and out. But no full detail. Just a bucket full of water and amoral wash and wax then dry, and wipe down inside and vacuum. Had to give it a clean up after is ****** down hail and rain in Melbourne few days ago.

While I was at it, I took apart my centre console and gave the gear changer plastics a clean, what sucks is the corners have all been scratched off. No clue how. But when everything is in its place you can't see that black part that has been scratched:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5340/dscn2722f.jpg

And another thing, every time I would change gears it would squeak like plastic rubbing against plastic. So I took DJK's advice from a bit ago when he said to use silicon spray, so I sprayed inside where the gear changer is and no more squeaking when swapping between gears :)

Oh yeah I also fixed how the gear lights would not turn on. Again, advice from DJk :)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6109/dscn2723.jpg

Edited by unique

Took my personalised plates off her and then removed a few small items from inside (cigarette lighter USB charger, remote gain module for amplifier, and the extremely important SD card which contains details within the navigation software indicating maximum speeds etc).

Then I sat in the drivers seat one last time and said my final goodbyes.

Just finished putting my 20's back on and sent my 19's back to be re-painted,also booked my baby into Proshine Auto Refinishing to get the hail damage repaired and they are also going to paint my grille and other bits & pieces at the same time,hopefully it should be all fixed in a couple of weeks. :)

serviced the car... fresh penrite oil, new oil filter, new fuel filter, cleaned K&N panel filter and first attempt at fabricating intake with some left over piping from the boat LOL... big FAIL

NICE!!! I bought an AE92 SX Hatchback Good For Wrecking , absolute minter of a car prior to damage!

o rly... i might want some parts off you :D

Crashed. Front end destroyed, engine unknown. Transmission leaked out all its fluid. Rear end a little scratched up, tail light broken.

Unknown if written off, waiting on assessment.

crash_web.jpg

Edited by Mole

Crashed. Front end destroyed, engine unknown. Transmission leaked out all its fluid. Rear end a little scratched up, tail light broken.

Unknown if written off, waiting on assessment.

crash_web.jpg

ouch, that really blows man. where abouts is that, looks kinda familiar

Sorry to hear mate. I completely understand how you feel right now. But like I've been told, cars can be replaced at least... even though it's not the same in a way.

Thanks for your words everyone, just so you know im fine, just bruised and some soft tissue damage, nothing broken.

Went to the repairers today and although its not been officially written off, they told me they arent even bothering putting in a quote with it, its ******. Although at first glance, just the front is smushed, closer examination shows the roof is ******, so prolly a lot more is as well. The entire front end of the car needs replacing, bodywork, engine, suspension.

Swapped over my old insured crapola chromies with my $2200 brand new uninsured O.Z. racing wheels. Three wheels still mint with what looks like completly fine tyres, one has a dead tyre and a small buckle and some curb rash (still better then the crap chromies!) which will be repaired. They'll be up for sale once they are fixed assuming I don't get another Celica of some sort (they'll fit 5th gen on).

New pic:

crash_web2.jpg

Thanks for your words everyone, just so you know im fine, just bruised and some soft tissue damage, nothing broken.

Went to the repairers today and although its not been officially written off, they told me they arent even bothering putting in a quote with it, its ******. Although at first glance, just the front is smushed, closer examination shows the roof is ******, so prolly a lot more is as well. The entire front end of the car needs replacing, bodywork, engine, suspension.

Swapped over my old insured crapola chromies with my $2200 brand new uninsured O.Z. racing wheels. Three wheels still mint with what looks like completly fine tyres, one has a dead tyre and a small buckle and some curb rash (still better then the crap chromies!) which will be repaired. They'll be up for sale once they are fixed assuming I don't get another Celica of some sort (they'll fit 5th gen on).

New pic:

crash_web2.jpg

ouuch.

how'd that happen, by the looks of it... im going to guess.. someone in front slammed they're brakes? ... o_0

at least ur safe.

Man Aaron I'm so sorry to hear this man. Your car was just getting to the point where it was looking something special. Are you allowed to take any of your mods off? You might be able to recoup some of your losses.

I'm glad your ok man. Hopefully see you later tonight.

I got the wheels off, but anything thats insured (eg. old wheels muahaha!) stays on and I get cash instead.

Still, going to loose a lot of money. Next car NO **** FINANCE.

Yeah I'll be out tonight for sure, was worried I'd be too tired but I'm fine.

Everyone I've been dealing with has been really good, the guys over at Wayne Davies smash repairs were super helpful and nice with me getting my old wheels on and stuff, I'd go there again if I had to, even tho HBF sent my car there.