What did you do to your car today?

Bought a LHS Holden LG Nova front indicator from the friendly local Toymods member who works at my friendly local Jap wreckers (they only had left ones)

Did a test fit of said indicator on my JDM FXGT front bar (because ADM Corolla ones don't fit)

Found it a perfect fit

Found a RHS genuine OEM one on eBay

Bid on it

Won it

Paid for it

Received notice of shipping

All this between the hours of 4:00 and 5:00 on a Friday afternoon. Awesome way to end the week

partly my car and partly the missus car...

started a major detail for both our cars..

plans go a bit like this:

hers:

wash, clay, buff with m205, gold class plus, topped with layer of m26.

mine:

wash, buff with m205, autoglym super resin polish, nxt 2.0 (two layers)

will post pics soon :)

A few things:

1 - Washed and waxed the car, finally after all this Shiite weather

2 - Put on the TRD Radiator cap

3 - Played around with the rubber seal on the windscreen cowl. It keeps the engine bay cooler removed, but I need to find out what kind of effects I will get when I put the car under heavy load.

1 - Washed and waxed the car, finally after all this Shiite weather

2 - Put on the TRD Radiator cap

3 - Played around with the rubber seal on the windscreen cowl. It keeps the engine bay cooler removed, but I need to find out what kind of effects I will get when I put the car under heavy load.

Despite having been 3 days since I cleaned my car (which is more than enough to dirty it up), mine is still surprisingly clean. I say that for now though :lol:. Details included afterwards. Firstly a response to your message. After all that heavy rain, I'm really considering coving up those holes I made to heep the S/C cooler. The back half of my engine is just that much dirtier now and I just am not in the mood to clean it. Maybe a solution that you can put in place to cover it up before the storms hit would be a wise idea.

Anyways, as to what I did... well it was more what I did on the weekend. I firstly did a full wash and wax. Then I removed the wheels and gave them a good cleaning. After drying I put a coat of Sonax Nano Wheel Rim Coating. While I was at it, I found that I really, really need new brake pads all round (as in I have about 1.5mm of meat left on the fronts and just a little more on the rears. So I went online and ordered a full set of EBC Red Stuff (don't comment on the choice). Fronts should be here tomorrow as it is coming from Melbourne, rears should be here on Monday (coming from the States).

As for the wheel coating... so far so good. I have about 70% less brake dust on my wheels than I usually would have after a few days and whatever is there comes off easily. I'll see how well it holds up after a wash or two though.

On a side note, yesterday I received my eyelids from VF-X and today I just dropped them off to the paint shop down the road to get them painted. Guy there says it should be finished tomorrow arvo. I was going to go DIY, but figured that I would be stupid to ruin the clean look of the TRD with DIY painted eyelids.

Yes it's barely even a cosmetic mod, but considering I don't plan on changing the look of my TRD, it's about the best that is going to happen visually.

Despite having been 3 days since I cleaned my car (which is more than enough to dirty it up), mine is still surprisingly clean. I say that for now though :lol:. Details included afterwards. Firstly a response to your message. After all that heavy rain, I'm really considering coving up those holes I made to heep the S/C cooler. The back half of my engine is just that much dirtier now and I just am not in the mood to clean it. Maybe a solution that you can put in place to cover it up before the storms hit would be a wise idea.

Maybe a cut a piece of hard plastic and line it with weather trim. drill 2 holes on the end and corresponding holes on the cowl. Whenever you know a big patch of rain is coming, use some self tappers + right angled screwdriver (or a similar tool where you won't have to remove the cowl) and fit it on. It would be able to removed relatively easily.

I might just carry the seal in the car at all times but otherwise just leave it off. :P

What's wrong with EBC Red Stuff brake pads? :g:

They are said to be rather soft. Mind you, those that have made such comments have said this is from track use which they (EBC) don't recommend, but I doubt I will do on this cycle of pads anyway. I drive pretty lax these days but still do the odd mountain run here and there. I'm more concerned how they will hold up in such use, but I guess I will find out. I ended up getting both the front and rear for a total of about $300 so the price was okay.

Why didn't you go for some Bendix?

LOL. The Aurion Bendix pads were a little on the crappy side in my opinion. Never buying them again. QFM HP-X pads were better and for cheaper.

Why didn't you go for some Bendix?

LOL. The Aurion Bendix pads were a little on the crappy side in my opinion. Never buying them again. QFM HP-X pads were better and for cheaper.

You didn't go with QFM pads because there were none for the TRD?

You didn't go with QFM pads because there were none for the TRD?

Nah, felt like trying something different. The composistion of the EBC pads is different to your ordinary brake pad (so I read anyways), so I am just curious to see how they are.

QFM/GSL have stock available, but here's my scenario. Rotor wear is getting reasonably close to minimal thickness. I figured that by the next brake pad change, even if it isn't going to be in a long distance, I am going to have to get new rotors. With that in mind, I am a little more open to try something different to what I'm used to. I'm not going to take it to the track in the next cycle of pads so I'm fine with the fact that the Red Stuff is not track suitable.

Next set will probably be some QFM's on some slotted DBA's.

Plus at least in the meantime, the red pads would go with the red callipers :lol: