What did you do to your car today?

I know the topic is what DID you do to your car....but i'll be doing a full detail of my black beast with all the mothers products my local car shop has :)

Replaced the timing belt, water pump, A/C & Alternator belt, Power Steering belt and new coolant. The car a 1999 Camry has only 113,000 Ks on it, but is almost 2 years over the 10 year period for replacing the timing belt. I bought the car in June this year. The question you ask yourself, do you feel lucky to continue driving with the hope the timing belt does not break, or do you replace it so to avoid a costly engine repair! I did the latter.

So now I hope to have carefree motoring for another 150,000 Ks or another 10 years (if still driving) before this has to be looked at again. The next major replacement I need to do is the spark plugs. These will be done in the new year.

Gave the car a wash with soap, then applied Collinite No.845 wax, then used Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber care on rubber seals on doors, bonnet and boot, also applied on dashboard, door panels, middle handrest, tyres and wiper region and then vacuumed the entire car. Here is the result (do not like weather atm :( )

img6960rw.th.jpg img6963o.th.jpg

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Lowered the TRD on Kings super lows..........pictures to come!

:wub::drool:

haha, well if there was a drooling emoticon

di-1212928534486.gifdi-1212928534486.gifdi-1212928534486.gif

I'd be keen to see pics and here how it affects day to day driving (ie. driveways) because the TRD kit is quite low hanging as it is.

Did 120,000 km Service... fuel Intector Service, replaced and machined new front brakes, New air con filter.

Replaced faulty Data cable for the Kenwood Boot CD/MP3 Stacker..(under Kenwood Warranty)

Tyre Rotation and wheel Alignment.

Lowered the TRD on Kings super lows..........pictures to come!

:wub::drool:

haha, well if there was a drooling emoticon

di-1212928534486.gifdi-1212928534486.gifdi-1212928534486.gif

I'd be keen to see pics and here how it affects day to day driving (ie. driveways) because the TRD kit is quite low hanging as it is.

hahaha nice one! :lol:

Will put pics up soon. Busiest week of the year for me.

Could not justify coilovers for an everyday street car.

Sits nicely, 1 finger gap on front wheels to guard and rear wheels sit pretty much level with the guard. Not too low at all.

No scrubbing at all.

Tech9 tyres did it in Perth and i was quite surprised how well it went. Obviously baby seat had to come out aswell as back seat to gain access to rears.

Also did a wheel balance ( wheels changed from front to rear so did a balance on the fronts for me ) and wheel alignment all fitted with new springs for 500 drive away.

First impressions are that the ride is not as harsh as the TRD springs. it doesn't seem as hard on the back now.

As for the driveways, have not had an issue as yet. No bottoming out on any bumps on the road either and handles corners like a dream.

Had my doubts but very glad that i went ahead with it.

Now just to get those damn Enkei GTC01's on there. :spiteful: Maybe in the new year if the accountacnt allows me to spend the cash.

Put in a reversing camera and a Navman GPS, routed the power cord through the dash for less cluttered and smoother look.

To the post above, check your ground and also I assume you have an Amp, if so make sure you have run the power and RCA cables seperate from each other, together they can cause the whine your hearing.

Edited by grelise