What did you do to your car today?

Put in a reversing camera and a Navman GPS, routed the power cord through the dash for lees cluttered and smoother look.

To the post above, check your ground and also I assume you have an Amp, if so make sure you have run the power and RCA cables seperate from each other, together they can cause the whine your hearing.

Tried all that and even more.

The whine ONLY occurs if i use a rear RCA :g:

Edited by A Buff Hamster

With a break in the weather, decided now was a good time to give the Yaris an outside detail.

Once washed, moved it back undercover in the garage incase the weather turned, it did, claybarred, it's first, then finished with a wax and polish

While on a roll I decided to do the interior. 5 hrs later all finished.

Didn't think such a little car could take so long to do!!

Jumped the Celica so I could move it out of the driveway to get the mower out....despite sitting there for a few months with no driving, it started very easily and with very little smoke....

Mother fucker....

di-712941159113.jpg

Basically came out of the office at 1:35pm and thought the front passenger side tire looked quite flat. Measured 15PSI on my gauge. Saw a nail in the tread of it, and figured that since I am basically just about on the wear indicators, it would be pointless to repair. When I took it off, I also found the following (in the attached photos below).

Extremely pissed off at that because:

1) I was planning to wear my tires down fairly far so that I can change them all at the same time and have an even set all round.

2) 595EVO's (the tire I want to get) are out of stock locally and they don't know when they will get more in.

3) I now have to get a replacement (which also equals a replacement for the opposite matching tire) in a hurry.

4) I really wanted to keep my spare wheel untouched.

I guess in a way though, these tires have travelled 62,000km and were the tires that came with the car out of the factory 3 years and 4 months ago, so they are due for a change. Just didn't want that change to happen suddenly.

Other damage. A chunk in the tire which has gone through the ply. Most likely caused from the bad pothole I hit the other week. Road was flooded a bit from the rain and hiding underneath was a massive pothole:

di-1512941170037.jpg

And numerous cracks in the sidewall like this:

di-0129411710715.jpg

^ ooh Daryl that looks very undelicious.

Michelin Pilot Sport III if they are cheap enough!

Nah man... I'm going cheap. Maxxis MA-Z1. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1) Very mixed reviews. Some say good, some say bad. I reckon the car fitted to makes a difference so I will try it out on the TRD.

2) If it's crap, believe me, it wont be hard for me to eat through them.

3) I'm on GDB for the next 5 months anyways, so I shouldn't be driving hard to make it matter in the first place.

I will definitely be making sure the next full set of tires will be the 595EVO's. Better place an order now then.

^Driving on those in the wet?? death wish or what?

Well... interestingly enough, driving during all the heavy rain we had, over all those weeks, never had any case of aquaplaning. Even during my normal acceleration and sudden braking on the highway, never had T/C or VSC taking action. That is the inside third of the tire. Outer two thirds have more depth to the tread all the way to the shoulder. Even still, for the surprisingly low amount of tread, it still cut through water fairly well, even at 110km/h. Gotta give credit to the quality of tire.

^^^^^Is that part of a scooter?

Detailed the sh*t outta the Aurion for use as a wedding car on the weekend, still wouldn't be anywhere near Daryl or Andrew's standards, but I'm pretty happy none the less. :D

Edited by trentmeyer23

^^^^^Is that part of a scooter?

Definitely earns his title of 'bush mechanic'.

Detailed the sh*t outta the Aurion for use as a wedding car on the weekend, still wouldn't be anywhere near Daryl or Andrew's standards, but I'm pretty happy none the less. :D

Pffft. Andrew's standards way surpass mine.

Another thing to add to the 'What did I do to my car today'.. I remounted my amp back in the boot. In the Sportivo, it was mounted in the boot. When I moved it to the TRD, I got lazy and mounted it on the sub. Then today I got really pissed off when I had to access the spare tire as I had to disconnect the power wires to the amp (vs just the speaker banana plugs like before), so I got off my ass and mounted it. Now it's easy to remove the sub.