What did you do to your car today?

Gave my front bumper a wipe and bit of a polish after my head on yesterday with an inflatable pool, yes it was inflated and yes it fell off the top of a small

sedan which was half the size of the pool... what a *******

Last night I dirtied her up driving on a dirt road yet again. Also managed to run over a poor little bunny that decided to hop onto the road. Felt kinda bad after that.

Today I didn't do much to it as it sits parked here in the carpark, but I was driving the other day and noticed that the annoying squeak that I had coming from my left rear wheel has returned.

I originally thought it was due to cracked brake pads (though this most likely amplified the noise cause it's much quieter with the new pads), but now that the noise has returned, I think it is caused mainly by something else.

I lifted the rear up earlier to try and take the rotor off to see if something was sticking inside, and I may possibly have found the cause.

I'm no expert on the subject but when I take the brake calliper off, is my hub bearing most likely stuffed if I can jiggle it around and it moves just a small amount (enough that jiggling it quickly will make a knocking sound)? The bearing rotates smoothly with no grinding/squealing and there is no vibration while driving.

I'm suspecting that because of this, it doesn't turn exactly straight and the disc makes contact with the pad at a particular point of its revolution creating that squeak.

Continuing on from my previous attempt to find the cause of my squeaking... I can definitely confirm it is my rear left hub bearing.

I raised that corner up and with the wheel still attached, I grabbed it at the 12 and 6 o'clock position and checked for any play. There was a significant amount of play and from here I found the squeak.

I knew it was related to the brake pads (since it disappeared when I lightly apply the brakes) but didn't quite pin point the exact spot. This sucks not being at home because if I was, I would simply order the bearing and fix it straight away. Instead, I need to find a way to silence the squeak until I get home. Those that were there on the recent Sydney meet would know how bad it is.

Anyways, the squeak is isolated to the little spring clip thing at the top of the rear pads. As the rotor turns (not perfectly straight), it pushes the pads back and forward ever so slightly causing that spring clip to vibrate against the calliper. So I've greased it up, so I'll see how long that will last before the metal rubs all the grease off.

so is your bearing wore from normal wear & tear or you just over did something previously? (just curious...)

my car baked under the harsh humid sun and dredged in finger nail sized hail and rain, went out during the heaviest of rain and to wipe off the bird ***** off my Yaris...

Edited by Speedz

so is your bearing wore from normal wear & tear or you just over did something previously? (just curious...)

I would just say from above normal wear and tear as to be expected. At least it's just worn in a fashion that it just has excess play in it and it isn't grinding like other cases.

I think I have subjected it too way too many Nebo runs, add on that my drive to Melbourne via the bumpy Newell Highway at speeds in excess of 160km/h... and the many trips to Hervey Bay with a bumpy road on return.... plus my car was flooded.

I think at 86,000km... the bearing has held up quite well.

its not what i did, its what my nephew did, he decided to get his brand new toy car and drive it on my stivo bonnect... so what does the good uncle do?? well even tho he just got this car yesterday i smashed it infront of his face and put it in the bin, now who's crying?? me still :(

its not what i did, its what my nephew did, he decided to get his brand new toy car and drive it on my stivo bonnect... so what does the good uncle do?? well even tho he just got this car yesterday i smashed it infront of his face and put it in the bin, now who's crying?? me still :(

LOL. this cracked me up.. NO CAR FOR YOU!

LOL. this cracked me up.. NO CAR FOR YOU!

he was in the corner of my room for 25 mins crying, i just put headphones on, his mother got him out by saying were going to the shops, i still had 35 mins to go lol,