Corolla turbo kit on ebay for AUDM Corolla

Bah its got nothing to do with me, but came across it on ebay ;)

Click here

Basically its a custom kit that was created for his 2003 corolla, so I imagine that it is pretty much a bolt on kit. At $2500 its a bit of a bargain if you ask me. Including strengthened head as well as a forged pistons (strange given that I though the rods would fail first then the pistons).

Someone on here please buy it.....if only it was for a sportivo :lol:

Doesn't look too flash and it is for a 1ZZ. For the money he wants it prolly aint too bad. Custom kit like this done properly would cost well over 10K to get made.

Umm strengthened head??? and why if someone can answer that one too LOL

Umm strengthened head??? and why if someone can answer that one too LOL

Yeah mang, that plastiqué intake manifold must allow you to run so much boost that the head is under pressure yo! :rolleyes:

Gav.

• 1 month later...

fine looks like ill be the one who is gonna get it

all u stay away its mine, its about 80/20 of me gettin this kit so its lookin good. i wont be guying that intercooler ill prob go for a xr6 item so wish me luck guys !!!!!

and i should only be payign around 1500

Edited by lylee

im gettin my mate who has built a 400kw atw mk5 r32 golf to help me throughout

so ill have a very experienced set of eyes watchin and looking after the build

that kit looks scarey... The pistons and turbo are about the only things worth any money from everything he's got for sale.

NFI why he would have bothered with forged pistons and not do the rods.

If your mate has built a 400hp golf, hopefully he has some fabrication skills and didn't just use the bolt-on's that are available off the shelf for the golfs. You'd be best making a new turbo manifold, the one pictured would place the turbo very low, then comes all the new cooler pipes, dump pipes, custom oil drain, etc etc etc. Throw away the 5th injector setup and it's "ecu" and get a proper set of larger injectors (550cc) and a real ECU. Dont forget your fuel pump upgrade too.

lol yeah it was alot of custom work involved with that im im chucking away the 5th injector, cooler only gonna use the dump pipe as a guide gettin new intank fuel pump, new fuel rail gonna go crower upgraded rods btw those pistons are wiseco custom pistons from us. he obviously never heard of mwr for stuff like that. was gonna also ask about the vipec setup which i know ill need

How do i feel about this?

Well, firstly, you really need to gauge where you own or supporting mechanic's fabrication skill are at, and then secondly gauge how willing and how much time or patience you have in sourcing and making the bits. The way my project was able to go rather smoothly is because we had start by having a spare motor. Did up some AutoCAD and Solidworks drawings to get an idea with what we're doing (in the process bought a lathe and a mill).

Once 1:1 drawings and models were made on cheap 80gsm paper, they were sent off to be laser cut. This included the flanges for both intake and turbo manifold.

Without boring you to death, if a workshop was to fabricating the consider the labour cost. Roughly, the project took up about 6mth of pretty solid weekends (when you combine all the weeknight efforts) being conservative, it would be close to 200hrs of labour (x2 people), and depending on how much labour cost, you get the idea. :)

With no off the shelf kits or turbo products available off the shelf, a lot of the bits had to be sourced and test fitted, etc.

Try and think how much your budget is... say... $8k, then double it.

I can post up a full list of what is being used in my car, it'll help with showing the custom bits and the parts required. :)

Shed some light on this will ya bill?

lol yeah it was alot of custom work involved with that im im chucking away the 5th injector, cooler only gonna use the dump pipe as a guide gettin new intank fuel pump, new fuel rail gonna go crower upgraded rods btw those pistons are wiseco custom pistons from us. he obviously never heard of mwr for stuff like that. was gonna also ask about the vipec setup which i know ill need

Trust me, here's my suggestion. Don't bother with doing internals or fancy fuel rails.

With the stock fuel rail and properly sized injectors, fuel pump, and the right turbo setup and tune, you'll have no traction before you snap rods!!

Shed some light on this will ya bill?

Pretty simple actually ..... for a custom turbo kit top of mind without even sitting down and working through the detail you are going to need approx $15K.

Even then i'd say included in the price is a few areas where things are achieved at mates rates ....... custom turbo kits aren't a cheap exercise and should not be taken lightly.

Looking at that ebay link there are a few very "crude" bits that i think you might want to fix up before you add them to your car lylee

either way good luck with it and let us know how it goes

So basically you're paying a lot of money for bits you don't need? You also realise that if you keep the dump pipe as a 'guide', the turbo has to be positioned in the exact same place...

ok so the main things i will need are the full exhaust setup, intercooler and piping, intake for the turbo, bov, boost controller, new ecu and new tyres:P new injectors and new fuel pump, new conn rods and any other minor things that i cant think of

dont forget the clutch too... Pippy's TRD clutch gave up at a bit over 120kw atw with the turbo torque.

I started to put together a list of stuff on pippy's setup, but lost motivation, here's as far as I got:

- Ceramic coated steam-pipe manifold

- T-piece to custom braided oil feed line

- custom turbo oil drain (push-lock speedflow fittings, push-lock hose and fire-sleeve)

- custom heater lines

- custom turbo water lines

- catch can to route pcv return pre-turbo

- 550cc ST215 injectors in factory rail

- Walbro in-tank pump

- Modified turbo compressor housing with new wastegate mounting lugs

- 3 bar map sensor

- Relocated battery

- Custom intake pipe and supporting bracketry

- Custom brackets for mounting xr6 cooler

- Custom cooler pipes and a pile of silicon joiners and T-bolt clamps

- Custom dump pipe with heat-shield

- Extra Heavy Duty Clutch

- Wideband o2 sensor

- Aftermarket ECU that can run the show (need to be able to do closed loop vvti, single wire PWM ISCV, 36-2 Toyota reluctor crank trigger etc)

Edited by CHA54

• 2 weeks later...

ok little update i sent off the pistons for testing and refurbishment yesterday, should get them back in a week or so. taken the turbo to performance shop will be checking the turbo, wastegate and all welds on the manifold. taking the head for a quality control test, to see if it indeed up to par. next up will be ordering some stuff aroundd the middle of september to bulk send the parts and save on postage. getting polyutathane engine and gearbox mounts in prep for this build. thats happening on sunday.