Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Sounds like a lot of expense for TRD brakes, especially since the rotors aren't that much larger than what you currently have (and all the expense involved should maintenance or replacement parts ever be an issue).

Rotors are up 29mm in diameter (total area including hub ~829cm2, up from ~663cm2). In addition, the rotors are 4mm thicker than the Gen6 ones so the combination of the extra surface area (more cooling) and more metal for the heat to heat up; I get a larger braking capacity. I can only imagine what the gain will be from the calipers themselves.

Not particularly worried about maintenance costs as I probably won't be going rears so the cost of my fronts aren't too much more than the Gen6 setup :)

ahhh... Got a call from the smash repair guys and they are finally open.

Brakes might go on hold for a month or so while I get the rear bar + boot repainted and the Sportivo bodykit put on...

edit: Garage needs clearing so it's the best choice as the rules of the Stripclub are neither soft or fair.

^ Oh thanks Ash. I think brick walls would be best.

6psi project is slowly underway, Mr Wheeler is eyeing off a new fuel pump and injector rails for me, have ordered various parts from Toyota to help me with modding the in-tank fuel system. Pulley is enroute as well.

Need to have a chat to the Viking in detail regarding the conversion from returnless to return & also if this GReddy eManage Ultimate is suitable or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done anything for a while so here is an update:

IMG_0368.JPG

Once again, before the annual meet something goes wrong... The dreaded check engine light of doom!

It is very likely that I have blown a knock sensor and I am currently in the process of working out a stopgap solution before I get them properly fixed up. It has however, pushed the 'need' to go to 6psi (as fixing the knock sensor requires removal of the supercharger and fuel intake; I might as well add the return fuel rail and 2jz-ge injectors while I am there). So I'm driving at normal 1mz-fe speeds/styles as witnessed by Daryl and Trent last night <_< . However, the 6psi project is going to be slowed somewhat due to major funds being allocated elsewhere (see below).

In lighter news:

- TRD brake calipers are on the way and I have already sourced a set of Remsa pads to suit

- RDA Gold passivated rotors have been ordered and are being done up now, once I get them I will need to have them drilled down to 114.3x5 and have a hub ring made up to convert from 71mm to 62mm.

- Due to The Stripclub, I have allocated some 6psi funds towards the 'get the crud out of the garage' project. The Sportivo Accessories bodykit is finally going to be painted and put on next week, rear bar, mirrors and boot will get a respray as well. The dropped bike, dent marks should be going as well.

- After abit of reading, apparently the 3vz-fe fuel rails (which are return ones) are a direct bolt on solution for assisting with converting the 1mz-fe to a return setup. After some cursing and learning, I have a set which will suit my needs nicely. Fingers crossed they actually fit; otherwise I might just rage.

Too much money! Give me some of it so I can catch up to you, hopefully I'll atleast keep up somewhat through the corners.

I am watching this thread with alot of anticipation to see how this turns out.

Hey at least it doesnt do the rev cut and actually let you rev all the way to redline still unlike my cel experience before the annual meet last year :P. And gave andrew an idea which he is researching right now. :P

Dont be a soft ***** andrew, get your car on 6psi.

What cc are the 2j injectors?

the normal 2jz are 325cc from memory. Current ones are 270cc.

Raise your hand if you want to replace my knock sensors when they arrive?

*crickets*

Dont be a soft ***** andrew, get your car on 6psi.

What cc are the 2j injectors?

the normal 2jz are 325cc from memory. Current ones are 270cc.

Raise your hand if you want to replace my knock sensors when they arrive?

*crickets*

What about 7MGE injectors... the are 315cc and a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to get.

It depends on which 7M-GE injectors as there are high and low impedence, mine are high impedence, which are from the earlier model and i believe the later model had low impedence.

Cheaper and easier sounds good Mick. Will just have to find out what which impedance to get

measure the imp. of you current ones

Cheaper and easier sounds good Mick. Will just have to find out what which impedance to get

measure the imp. of you current ones

All I do is remove a power plug from one of the injectors, using a multimeter use the probes on both connectors on the injector?\

edit: On eBay US assuming I need low impedance ones, it will be cheaper to get a set of 7M-GTE injectors which I assume will run as they are top feed. Unless of course, there are issues running an injector at a too low of percentage of it's capacity.

There are actually 2 different impedence 7M-GE injectors Dave, The 7M-GTE ones are low . I'm running the high imp 7M-GE ones, well was.

Edited by trentmeyer23

IMG_0380.JPG

TRD Aurion calipers are in however still waiting for feedback on the progress of the RDA rotors.

In a bid to keep costs down, rather than modifying the caliper (to convert it from a banjo bolt setup to whatever Toyota usually use) I will ask them to modify the brake line instead. Given I was going to replace the brake lines anyway, this is a more cost effective solution. I just need to confirm a few details at a wrecker first, otherwise I will need to buy Toyota Genuine and then have the lines modified (which will cost a small, large fortune); which is not an option I really want to take.

Anthony + The Viking has confirmed that I will need HIGH impedance injectors for this as well.

IMG_2203.jpg

Small update:

- TRD calipers + rotors were test fitted (thanks to Daryl) and they are confirmed to fit

- Custom brake lines are being made up and will be ready by Monday

- Rotors are still due and still need to be drilled

- Replaced the blue silicone hose in the engine bay with black hose. They are right; once you go black you'll never go back.

- Engine bay is dirty again and needs a clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovin it!!!

I can't think of anything I would do to it differently.... Except maybe some sexy license plate holders.

This is what Camry's should all look like.