• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1987 Nissan Pulsar Vector GX, Silver, SSS Alloys, CD Player, Exhaust, Tacho

top car... many good times.

Put it in a forest at about 120km/h sideways... only panel on the car that wasnt bent was the drivers door. Walked away.

then bought Suzuki Baleno GTX Wagon.

then a 1986 Mazda 626 Super Deluxe,

followed buy 1996 HJ Galant SE,

then an Ford XF Ute,

1994 HH Galant GSR,

then the AE92 Corolla SX,

Then The Sportivo

follwed by the Panda KE70

then the AE71 wagon

and theres another beast waiting in the wings, suprises to come.

1989 Ford KE Laser with B6 enigne. For those who don't know the B6 was easily the best engine they had on offer for the Laser/323. It came with 1.6L of displacement, a carby, single overhead cam; all this was able to produce a jaw dropping 53kW at the flywheel. And because the manual was so awesome it even mentioned the drivetrain losses of 15hp!

What made it even better was it was optioned with the TX3 two tone paint job so all the 180's wanted to run me.

Economy was great, would get 5.5L/100km on the highway; acceleration was anything but :lol:

I've only had a couple of cars during my lifetime, but let's start...

First Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla CSX (AE82) 5dr Hatchback - Automatic - 1.6L of 57kW fury! :o It was red so it went faster!

I got this car with my own money around the time of my 18th birthday. (2003-2004) Note: my knowledge on cars was minimal at this point. My Mum, Grandma and myself went and had a look at the car and it looked great. So I ended up buying it... Then stuff went wrong.... Horribly wrong...

- Car overheated the day I bought it driving home, turned out there was no water in the radiator and there was no radiator overflow bottle installed due to the size of the battery being too big. So we got that all sorted.

- Gearbox shat itself and wouldn't cycle through the gears properly, reconditioned gearbox later, all is good...

- Warped head, yep... It broke some moar, new head and stuff later... :D lol

- Instrument cluster was dodgy, speedo mechanism that the old speedo cable plugged into was ruined. Got a TwinCAM model cluster as no one had a standard with a tacho. 7,800rpm redline anyone? :P

- Put it into a ditch and just about rolled it being stupid and getting sideways on a dirt road. Damaged the wheel, broke one high tensile bolt on the steering arm and stuffed the passenger side engine mount (holds the gearbox up :P).

Even after all that I still had it for about 2 years later.

Second Car: 1992 Ford Falon GLi (EB2) 4dr Sedan - Automatic - 4.0L Inline 6 of gutless power... I'm serious! Oh, and it was white!

The first engine in this had finally gone so we got a reconditioned one in its place. The moment the new engine was in I claimed it for myself from my Dad. By this time I must warn you that stuff, still went wrong with this one too! I think I was cursed at the time!

- It was as slow as anything, sure it was converted to LPG which was part reason, but this was slower than usual. Even on petrol! Oh god was it slow.

- About 3 months in the LPG system had packed up and that cost about $3,000 to replace, pity it didnt help as it kept having to go back for retuning every 6 weeks, fail. :(

- Totally did a massive rewiring job and installed a NA Fairlaine's instrument cluster (yep, the one with the HUGE digital speedo readout, worked great too!)

- The rear suspension was pretty much shot aswell, apparently the back axle used to move side to side... :P Same with the diff, that was borked too.

There was a ton more of stuff that went wrong with this car but eh. I'll move on to more Toyotas!

Third Car: 2007 Toyota Corolla Levin ZR (ZRE152R) 5dr Hatchback - Automatic - Great little car...Well the second one was... :P They are black too! :o

So if any of you have known me for long enough. You would have known about the story about myself and the Possessed Levin ZR. Basically the first one I had, developed a nice little fault that could not be located for quite a long time. In the end, I was graced with the metal and fibreglass of a second Levin ZR. (Which I'm still greatful for to this day, even knowing I got a new car now. ;p In the Levin, I did my longest trip which was from Sunbury Victoria to Ipswich Queensland and back which was a great time! :)

Current Car: 2007 Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6 (GSV40R) 4dr Sedan - Automatic - 200 KILLER WASPS! - Gold Aurion anyone?

My current car and I must say, my absolute favorite. This is the car I've done the most modifications to of any car. From 18" wheels to strut braces and sway bars etc. I've honestly had the most fun in this car than any other. There isn't much to say, it's also the car that's had the least faults! :o

th_21-01-06_1526.jpg

Toyota Corolla AE92 SX

Red (goes fast), 16" multi spoke Roh mags, Lowered King springs, Monroe GT shocks, 2" Lukey cat back, 4-2-1 extractors, Excedy clutch, Pioneer stereo.

This only lasted me a week. Wrote it off due a d##khead pulling out without looking crashing into me, sending me into a pole and doing a runner. :angry: . I miss it so much I want another SX LOL. Had so many plans for this beast. :(

Now onto my second car AE112 which just is miles off from how I wanted an SX LOL

Edited by 11TWO

• 2 weeks later...

1: 1961 morris 850cc mini claim to fame, wound it off the clock once, also fitted 9 people in it and drove around for 20 mins.

2: 1974 TA torana 1300cc vauxhall lime green (what the hell was i thinking ! )

3: 1972 LC torana 173 motor white with black bonnet.

4: 1974 LJ torana red 138 motor, 4speed floor shift extractors silver with black vinyl roof.

5: 1974 HQ statesman 308 auto silver with black vinyl roof.

6: 1980 TE cortina wagon.

7: 1988 camry 1.8 ltr 5 speed (old corona motor turned east west)

8: 1979 datsun 1500 ute

9: EF wagon ( cant remember what year ) ex taxi.

10:2003 camry altise v6 (my first taxi).

11:2007 sx6 aurion (my present taxi)

looking back there are a couple I wish I still had.

my camry is my first road regestered car b4 this i had a 1989 nissan skyline that was in the backyard it was left there by the previous owners and i used to play in it for hours when i was 7-8years old it had my name on it i told my parents it was mine and they said ok but then when i was 11years old my parents got rid of it i cryed for weeks untill i got in to billy carts then i didnt car about the car ii was having to much fun zooming down hills.

sean

• 4 weeks later...

My first car was a 1987 Camry sedan. It's been hit twice whilst my mum was driving, has done over 300k and it's still running strong! My family had to give it to my uncle because his Bluebird died.

It was passed down to me when I was 18... Good times!

Still miss that car even without power steering, a broken tape player and broken air conditioning.

Well, my first was an '84 Ford Telstar Ghia. Great car (for a Ford :P). Got it in '05. Bought it off an elderly couple who had had it since new. Blue velour interior, manual, sedan, no power steering so it was like steering a tank. It was in almost brand new condition. It even had these little stickers on the back of the sunvisors that had been there since new! I sold it in almost as good a condition I bought it, including those stickers, excepting for the 2 holes in the parcel shelf where I'd had my aftermarket speakers, and which I covered in with the factory speakers anyway. Bought it for (I think) $2400 , sold it 12 months later for $2100k.

Then came the '00 Lancer VR-X coupe. Before I bought it, I wanted a 2door car and nobody could convince me otherwise. About 12 months in I couldn't stand not having back doors. No legroom in the back, pain in the backside to get anything (people or cargo) in or out of the back seat, and the 1.5L engine had no bollocks whatsoever. It was a good car, looked sporty enough for what it was (coulda used some bigger rims, those stock 14" alloys were awful). Stuck to the road like sh!t to a blanket, even at a hundred and *cough*sixty*cough* on the back roads to an east-coast tourist town in Tasmania which shall not be named to protect the guilty, and you really felt how fast you were moving and how well you were cornering coz even at stock height it felt like you were sitting right on the ashphalt and the car was small too. Bought this one for $11250, sold 3 and a half years later for $6000. So, the moral of this story is 2 fold. 1- Don't buy a Lancer Coupe. The resale market is limited, and you lose a lot of value because of it. And 2- 2door small engine capacity cars are awful. Especially if you have 6ft+ mates, or you're a DJ and eventually find yourself needing either cargo space or towing capacity to cart lighting/trussing/sound gear/etc. to gigs.

So I sold the Lancer in September, bought the '07 ZR6 Aurion, and now I'm stuck with that for 7 years whether I like it or not. Though I highly doubt I'll get sick of it by then.

Edit: Bloody typos!

Edited by Paradigm

My first car was a Ford Falcon :P 1996 haha....it was cheap to buy when i was at uni....just driving to uni and work....sigh but it give me a lot of trouble for almost a year there were few major incident, where i need to tow the car to the garage n get fix, the most serious problem is leaking coolant...well now i am driving corolla which is the best....Love it very much....

thank you!!

• 2 months later...

6: 1980 TE cortina wagon.

looking back there are a couple I wish I still had.

maybe it was the corty ;)

my first car was the 79 te cortina sedan crossflow 4. those engine went hard and were built to last! (my old man had it when it was brand new and still drives it today!)

started blowing blue smoke so i started to look for another car... took me around 6 months to decide and another 2 for this particular sportivo.

when i bought this one my dad suddenly decided to change the engine in the cortina. freaken drives much harder now, put some mods in: fully open air intake, exhaust heads. more grunt and more power ;)

don't regret the buy now, very happy with the sportivo, good fuel efficiency and fun when i want it :)

My first car was a 97 Camry (4CYL SLUG) but damn was she fun to mod. It was so easy to pull things apart in that.

I wish I never had to sell it. But it was so low you could walk faster then it.

I don't think there was one thing NOT replaced in it from suspension to steering rack to engine to lights, paint job etc. List goes on. I bought it for $2000 from a family friend and spent a good $3000 fixing it :blink:

Now I'm cruising in a comfy leather seated Aurion :P

1963 MkII A Austin Healey Sprite

She was a fully modded hillclimb car - mods included; Ford Cortina 1600cc with Webber carbs, Shelby Cobra style fibreglass bonnet to accomodate new engine, custom extractors, racing steering rack, upgraded suspension, short shift low ratio gearbox, rollcage, 3 point racing harnesses, momo steering wheel. Dash magnet of St Christopher (the patron Saint of travellers) on dashboard - previous owner was a church going man and and being a 17y.o with more balls than brains I figured I needed all of St Chris's help to keep me on the road.

It was ridiculously fast to 100kph after which parts of the car would start to fly off which was a bit disconcerting. Was so tail happy in the wet that I ended up putting bricks in the boot so I could get around a roundabout in the rain without the need for opposite-lock, still had to take them in 3rd gear. Managed a couple of 720deg turns before I learned to drive it properly.

Paid $2900, kept it for 4 years and thrashed it senseless, sold it for $3500 and regret selling it to this day.

R31 Skyline -> Honda Prelude Si -> Corolla Sportivo

The R31 was old but tough as nuts, I absolutely loved it to bits.

Engine cooked in it though coz I was a bit of a hoon in my younger years, not to proud of it either.

Prelude was posessed or something, I've bent the head on it about twice since I got it seems like everything went wrong with that car, tried to sell it not long ago, got everything working on it and it ran smoothly and everything till the buyer rocks up, then it shat itself and had trouble starting etc. -_-" devil car.. I still have the damn thing sitting in my drive way

Corolla Sportivo, I love this little rocket, its one tough car, while iw as looking for a car I said to myself 'I don't want anything fancy, or too fast,I just wanted a normal car' this thing is far from it. I love it to bits, its restored my faith in cars, I'm a very happy boi :lol:

My first car was a 93 Pulsar Ti 2.0, bought it off my old man in 2002 for 5k. I loved that car, a week after I completely pimped out the sound systemn it got written off by some drunk turning right and not watching the road. I still miss that car, I used to wash and polish it every week. I feel guilty sometimes because I dont treat my aurion anywhere near as well as I looked after the pulsar

Edited by marc2020

1 - AE92 CSI Corolla, white. Good car to thrash around.

2 - Gen 2 CRX, black. great handling monster and powerful for what it is.

3 - 05 Facelift Corolla, didnt have it for long, passed it on to one of my family members

4 - R33 Four Door. Most powerful car i've ever owned. Very fun to drive especially it being rear wheel.

5 - NCP90 Yaris, blue. Good daily and bashing around corners. Still have it.

6 - 05 SR5 V6 Hilux 4x4. New addition. Very comfortable, and goes pretty good.