Antenna Stolen

have u thought about getting the antenna off a bmw 3 eries, they r realyl short n look like a shark tail.

u can see it on this pic (sortof) above the rear window

Edited by ZAV

have u thought about getting the antenna off a bmw 3 eries, they r realyl short n look like a shark tail.

seen people stick that on their boot :o

always thought the shark fin is for gps

seen people stick that on their boot :o

always thought the shark fin is for gps

You are correct .

The 'Shark Fin' antenna on the beema's is fitted for satnav/GPS and Mobile Phone reception, and from what we have been able to work out, really couldn't b re-wired for radio signal. :angry::angry::angry:

Mind you in saying that, if you do not give 2 shades of **** about radio, then yeah, go for it. I have seen a WRX in Brisbane with one mounted on the rear of it's roof but I couldn't tell you if this has been fitted for show, or if it is wired for something.

Why can't I tell you, because I haven't asked him....

In this day in age though, with the wonderful world of modern technology that we have, I am sure that there is an aftermarket outlet somewhere, that has made a look-a-like, imitation of straight out rip off of one of these. ;)

When we rang BMW for the price, it did appear that it was going to cost around $150 to buy one so you may need to come up with other ideas... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Cheers

Aaron

R u sure it aint for radio reception. My mums friend has the previous 3 series with that fin, n it doesnt have gps, im not about the mobile phone. Cuz I asked him what it was for n he said it was his radio antenna. Oh weel maybe he doesnt know either.

R u sure it aint for radio reception.  My mums friend has the previous 3 series with that fin, n it doesnt have gps, im not about the mobile phone.  Cuz I asked him what it was for n he said it was his radio antenna.  Oh weel maybe he doesnt know either.

if u don't have GPS that antenna is just ornamental. bmw radio antenna is inside the rear windscreen

This could be a total load of you-know-what, but here's an ad from Ebay for not only a fin-style radio antenna, but one with an LED that is

"Solar Sensor Equiped - Automatically turns on when car vibrates in the dark"  <_<

Fin-like antenna thing ...

Buddha - that looks cooky man.... ;) ;)

When I get a replacement, I'm going to have to threadlock it in.Anyone know where I can get shorter antennas ?

i may be wrong but i thought threadlock is just to stop the bolt from loosening only from vibration.

i have the genuine toyota short antennas as the runx from japan. but at $39 each i do not think people here would pay that much.

the reception would still be good with no antenna whip attached if you are in a good reception area but if you drive out and far it should deteriorate quite fast.

antenna5ak.jpg

KCorro - When you say your antenna is "genuine toyota" do you mean it is available here in Australia from a Toyota dealer?

I've been looking around at alot of cars over the weekend and also noticed that apart from the Nissan X-Trail, the Honda CRV has a nice stubby antenna that looks like it might fit.

Has anyone tried one of these?

KCorro - When you say your antenna is "genuine toyota" do you mean it is available here in Australia from a Toyota dealer?

I've been looking around at alot of cars over the weekend and also noticed that apart from the Nissan X-Trail, the Honda CRV has a nice stubby antenna that looks like it might fit.

Has anyone tried one of these?

as far as i know TRD does not produce antennas. genuine being a genuine accessory/part from toyota motor corp and in this case from japan not australia not south africa.

ok my antenna is shorter than orrock's i got it from jhongs on ebay as s2000 antenna does not fit.

my antenna cost about 20$ and came within a week

what model design is yours Luke?

Hey thanks for the link. I'm going to get one of them ! :D

Cheers !

• 1 year later...

Some C.u.n.trag stole my stubby antenna last nyt!!

Was watching a movie and came back to find it was gone... :angry:

thankfully they removed it nicely and didnt break the base.

i know its jst a $20 antenna but it sux having something stolen from u <_< and im sure a few ppl on here have had worse and can attest to that.

END RANT