2010 TOCAU ANNUAL NATIONAL MEET- SHOW AND SHINE RESULTS ARE UP

That is awesome fuel economy Guni, reminds me of my Gen 3, it's pretty good on fuel too. But that is unreal. The Aurion was doing around the 7-9L/100kms for the weekend which wasnt too bad at all. I feel really REALLY sorry for Northy's wallet lol.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd chime in to say I am now home (had to do a thing or two before getting home). Was a more eventful drive home having the rain to drive though and many more cars to overtake.

My back is feeling pretty good. Legs aren't in bad shape either. Gotta love the comfort of the Aurion.

And I reckon the Aurion can come close to making it from Brisbane to Sydney on a tank of fuel (as in running it well past the 'E' mark), but I wasn't game enough to try that out. It averages around 7.8l/100km when driven on the speed limit (100-110km/h) and with moderate overtaking and could probably do better if driven even softer.

Now it's time to catch up on everything I missed.

finally home that was a huge drive.

Pete no harsh feelings mate, every other part of the weekend was brilliantly organised thanks to you, mish and mark, and bill

Will (lexus will), looseing people was to be expected with that size croud mate, so not to worry. had a good time on saturday night with ya tho mate, love the little cappa hey hehe!!

stock, thanks very much for the offer to take me back home mate! too bad i lost you but DJKOR had a GPS luckily so we went home together. love your car btw looks really hot!!

it was nice to meet everyone else that i spoke to over the weekend, youse are all a great croud and friendly people and i hope to see you u in QLD next year, we have already started planning :)

1 thing for sure .... I'm looking forward to Nebo ..... and the roads ..... traffic ..... Jeesus ..... I'm sure the car has something shaken loose somewhere ..... <_<

Whilst everyone seems to be ranting .... I thought I might as well join in ...................... NOT ........

Ah well, I just headed home from Maccas after I couldn't locate where everyone turned off too.... Twisties can be had for another time .....hehehehe

Kudos to the Sydney mob namely Mish, Mark and Petey for an event/weekend well organised!!! No stones left unturned, No skirts left unflipped, no boobies left unstared. Attention to detail was perfect! I sure had fun everywhere and @ hooters and the blow hole. Have to say that they are a great combo!!!

Next year, Brissy, here i come!!!! Hopefully not alone from Melbourne this time... :rolleyes:

Anyways, just got back to Melb not long ago and once again, curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see if I could survive on a single tank from Sydney to Melb...

P1000907.jpg

Looks like I can. Screw u Holden and ur SIDI 5h!ts ...... Rolla FTW !!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

There should be roughly another 8 - 10 liters left in that tank too ...... That's economy for you guys ...

Total KMs I did over the weekend ....

P1000908.jpg

Not a bad effort. Just serviced the car and a brand new set of tyres ...... Not to mention I showed some of the QLD boys what a rolla can do around corners when equipped right ... :clap:

We know what Rolla's from Qld can do around corners.. stay on the road hahahahahahahaha!!!! sorry mate couldn't resist LOL

MASSIVE thanks for BG Pete, Mish, Mark and all the syd guys for putting on a great weekend. I know everyone is wanting to know how much fuel I used on the weekend........Well I made 7 stops with my Good friends at BP, used about 350L of fuel with a rough cost of $450 for the weekend. Money well spent.

Corey

PS, I also proved to Xoom there is no replacement for displacement :P

stock, thanks very much for the offer to take me back home mate! too bad i lost you but DJKOR had a GPS luckily so we went home together. love your car btw looks really hot!!

glad you made it home fine..dont you worry i envy your car too!! looks really hot, and the wheels pretty much sets it off.

hope every one had a good night rest after the drive back.

No stones left unturned, No skirts left unflipped, no boobies left unstared.

Another awesome phrase from Guni for the weekend. Love it!

Cheers to Pete, Mish, Mark, Bill and anyone else I left out for the planning that went into the event :toast:

I'll try and get my photos up tonight; just under 100 that would be worthy of posting with a lot from the show and shine. I'll be sure sure to visit Toymods to pass on the shots of their cars too.

Who was behind me in the White Camry on the way through the twisties?

BTW Sorry VFX. I'm sure no one meant any disrespect by taking you over, we realise you have lowered your car and have low profile tyres so going too fast over bumps and ditches on the twisities wasnt an option for you. Lucky you didnt as well, because I was following the Black V8 and the driver managed to cause sparks to fly out from when the exhaust pipe scraped on the road.

Pete no harsh feelings mate, every other part of the weekend was brilliantly organised thanks to you, mish and mark, and bill

Will (lexus will), looseing people was to be expected with that size croud mate, so not to worry. had a good time on saturday night with ya tho mate, love the little cappa hey hehe!!

it was nice to meet everyone else that i spoke to over the weekend, youse are all a great croud and friendly people and i hope to see you u in QLD next year, we have already started planning :)

I still feel slack though. Let us know next time your in Sydney I will show some other roads we have. If not catch up next year in QLD!

I still feel slack though. Let us know next time your in Sydney I will show some other roads we have. If not catch up next year in QLD!

same goes with DJKOR im sure he was looking forward to some twisties too..

BTW Sorry VFX. I'm sure no one meant any disrespect by taking you over, we realise you have lowered your car and have low profile tyres so going too fast over bumps and ditches on the twisities wasnt an option for you. Lucky you didnt as well, because I was following the Black V8 and the driver managed to cause sparks to fly out from when the exhaust pipe scraped on the road.

Saw that... Dodged that.. I was like 'shytt...' And I remembered clearly, that wasn't too long after you guys sped like nutz and took me over.. :lol:

Well I've made it back to Victoria :) Not back home yet, am in Bright with family, but it feels great to be 'home' hahaha I had an absolute blast and it was great to finally meet a lot of you :D I will get my piccies sorted out when I'm back in Bendigo ;)

the Black V8 and the driver managed to cause sparks to fly out from when the exhaust pipe scraped on the road.

I think you'll find it was the road that did it :P

Trust me that road is smoother compared to what it use to be! Most of it has been re surfaced in the past 12 months. Although they did miss out on some patches like those too massive dips.

I had work man... I realised after I got home on Friday night.

The only day I had work in 2 weeks. (I was relieving for someone else and I called off my shifts due to exams) <_<

And how I regret not going on the cruise...

Wow, what did I miss out on?? :blink:

And you fell in to a ditch!?!?!?

well if anyone is interested or hasnt had enough driving we can always take it up north for a run in bobbin head point and out thru to akuma bay..

i dont mind going if anyone is up for it...

if we do we will be heading up carlingford way so it would be good to pick up ELEGNT.

If I remember correctly, 3l3GNT has another meet on tonight.. :)

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch - sorry I didn't get your name. :)

Young: Where were you?

Kenneth: No worries. Pleasure.

Mate the only lesson i learnt is how much trouble a 1.8L can cause a 6.0L when 800cc injectors get installed :P :P :P :P

Mate the only lesson i learnt is how much trouble a 1.8L can cause a 6.0L when 800cc injectors get installed :P :P :P :P

Assuming blow-off valve pipes don't, well, blow off.....

Hey ladies and gents!

Sorry I couldn't make the rest of the weekend and have a nice drive with you all.

Sucky, but I guess with a big cruise there would be some hickups. Hope those wounds will heal over time.

Thanks for everyone who organised everything, it was great to meet the new faces and yes, it was my first meet so that was a plus.

"must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger.........."

That would be me ph34r.gif I didnt do anything wrong did I? haha

Oh and VF-X dont worry about it dude, over taking you made for a more interesting drive...and we caught other traffic aswell so it didnt really matter

Hey ladies and gents!

Sorry I couldn't make the rest of the weekend and have a nice drive with you all.

Sucky, but I guess with a big cruise there would be some hickups. Hope those wounds will heal over time.

Thanks for everyone who organised everything, it was great to meet the new faces and yes, it was my first meet so that was a plus.

"must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger, must not get a supercharger.........."

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47291 - Oops, what is this? :toast:

Nice to finally meet you Mick. Will PM you with a few questions regarding that Gen 5.5 of yours as well... :help: