2010 TOCAU ANNUAL NATIONAL MEET- SHOW AND SHINE RESULTS ARE UP

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys

Just wondering where exactly we are meeting tomorrow? Tash said something about a hungry jacks???

What road is it on? and what radio freq will everyone be on?

if its the hungry jack then its on henry lawson drive...

Hey guys

Just wondering where exactly we are meeting tomorrow? Tash said something about a hungry jacks???

if its the hungry jack then its on henry lawson drive...

Should have made it Bunnings at Bankstown... (Huge carpark)......

Can we get a def place to hook up in the morning?

Any one doing anything tonight? Cruise? In the city?

Hey guys

huingry jacks on henry lawson dr, also ch35 on UHF radio if i remember i think that's what bg_pete told me

Thanks to Mish, Mark and Pete for the Show and Shine!

Big thanks also to Toyota Castle Hill, Castrol and Mothers for their efforts to make the day that much better!

I'm not bias, but I use Castrol Edge 10W... =P

I doubt I'll see you guys at the cruise tomorrow =(

Have a great day out ladies and gents and hope to see you all soon!

Yes huge thanks to Pete,Mish and Mark for a well organized show,also Castle Hill,Castrol and a huge thanks to Mothers :D

Nice to catch up with interstaters and meet new ones.

Pity you couldnt make it up here Lee,would've been good to catch up.Thanks all ;)

Good Morning everyone!, another great day ahead of us nice clear skies down this direction and just shy of 2 degrees haha, well see guys within the next 2 hours! :yahoo:

Sorie guys!! :( Couldnt' make the cruise.. Had a blackout until few mins ago. :angry::angry: . Hope I can catch up with you guys somewhere along the cruise line. Lookin for the handouts BGPete gave me last friday.. :( :( :(

Just got home from the cruise, another great day! i'll upload the pics tonight i think there's about 450ish pics from today so wont be up for a while but do keep a look out on the other thread!, it was definatley a awesome weekend, finally able to put names with faces and making a couple of new friends, i'll definatley go to next years one in qld, but to all the interstate drivers have a safe drive tomorrow and i hope you guys enjoyed the weekend!

Charlie

Just an expression of my own personal disappointment. Today feels like a bit of a write-off. I feel like I payed for a three-course meal and only got an entrée in return.

Everything started off pretty well (thanks Pete for the cruise organising), and things were going good. The group was kept together pretty well and everything went great. There was that issue with getting stuck behind epically slow cars, but that's out of anyone's control. That kinda made me a little disappointed, but that was all good.

The return leg was a bit of a cluster f*** however. A group was made to cruise back through the twisties of the Nasho and we were on our merry way. However with all the lights and roundabout along the way, there wasn't much effort to keep the group together. As a result, half the group got broken up with no knowledge of where everyone was going. Four of the cars in this group happened to be 4 of us QLD'ers.

So after driving for a long hour through all this residential area, we only ended up on a highway with a long trip back to our respective accommodation with no enjoyment to be had.

/rant

today was interesting...

Morning up until kiama was exeptionally well organise by pete, you did an awesome job!! After kiama tho it was very much of a letdown!

We drove from QLD to see the roads down here and at the last minute it gets called off??? Who cares if there are police, do the speed limit, noones cares we would just like to see the road not get sent home early and feel like we havent seen anything exept highways. And eventually we got people togeather to go, and i thought it was a mountain run not a cruse through getto towns stopping and starting at lights all the time! And thank you for the boys at the front for waiting for the rest of the croud???use just left us and there was about 69 of us just lost and 100km away from where we should be. Thanks for that.

Rant over

if you guys pulled over ahead we found another route into the nasho...sorry we didnt have any of you guys number..

oh and really sorry to ELEGNT that i lost you..hope you found your way back to Carlingford alright..

again sorry for the highway travel home...we had to look up the GPS

Edited by stock

I needed a toilet hence why I was rushing ahead. I also knew that some one in the middle knew the way there, but I guess I was wrong there. It was a last minute thing to go through as it was on my way home.

The reason why I went that way was because it was the only way I knew that would get us to the coastal road and it was the most direct way there! I didn't except so many people to follow (considering it was a last minute thing). Also maybe next time the out of towners should of been in the middle. Its hard to see if everyone was together from the front no one flashed so I continued on to find a toilet before I ****** myself. I didn't really feel like cleaning my interior tonight.

Just thought I'd lighten the mood by thanking everyone for yesterday, show-and-shine was really well set up and everything progressed smoothly. Big props to Castle Hill Toyota for letting us use their carpark, sucks that we couldn't get a hybrid Camry or a Rukus for a centre-piece though, wouldn't have been surprised if they would have picked up a few sales from it. Thanks as well to Mish, Mark, Pete et al for running the show, counting votes and all else. Great to catch up with a few faces I hadn't seen for a while, as well as the out-of-towners and banana-benders, and to put faces to cars to avatars.

Oh, and also props to Bill for his around-the-world cruise for kebabs......well, around the world for everyone except for me, as I was going somewhere 5 minutes down the road afterwards :P.

Edited by Hiro

i would've went with you guys and led the pack back as i knew my way around there and could've led some of you back to carlingford but i had to head back to campbeltown to pick up some stuff so hence why i didnt go that way. Well hope u all interstate peeps have a safe drive home and it was nice meeting you guys :)

I feel your guys pain. I think that at the end of the day it was down to poor communication, some people had radios some didnt, it wasnt that the interstate people werent in the middle of the pack, because they were...it was down to us at the back trying to find our way with no leaders. And of course once one person takes the wrong turn everyone followed. Luckily for a few of us we saw that we took the wrong turn and pulled over and thanks to Kenneth for having a GPS.

We can sit here for weeks on end pushing the blame onto different people, instead of looking at what went wrong i think we should be thankfull for the ammount of effort put in by the moderators and remember the good times rather than the bad.

Like pulling kenneth from the ditch, or listening to Tash abuse the hell out of the undercover cop :P

Sorry to hear that some interstate guys were hard done by on the way back home from Kiama.

I'm sure it was no ones intention to get split up. It really sucks that everyone couldnt communicate because CB's were either out of battery or on the wrong channel. Having said that, I was at the back of the pack leaving Maccas and managed to make it out the twisties right at the front of the pack.. So I'm not sure were things went wrong because everyone was constantly doing 10-15 Ks under the limit until the beginning of the twisties.

Sorry to hear that some interstate guys were hard done by on the way back home from Kiama.

I'm sure it was no ones intention to get split up. It really sucks that everyone couldnt communicate because CB's were either out of battery or on the wrong channel. Having said that, I was at the back of the pack leaving Maccas and managed to make it out the twisties right at the front of the pack.. So I'm not sure were things went wrong because everyone was constantly doing 10-15 Ks under the limit until the beginning of the twisties.

Really? I think I'm the only one who've been doing under the speed limit.. :lol:

Sorry for the QLD-ers who got left behind. I feel this is partly my fault :( The only reason why I sped up today because I've been staying at the speed limit all the time, till yesterday where I was left out after the show & shine for the kebab place. And sorry to some / I should say MOST people for going slow? [bare to the speed limit] almost all the time during the weekend. I notice this from lots of people who overtook me even during a single lane.. . It's only coz I need to be careful for holes, bumps, and ramps so to avoid damage to my wheels and bumpers + keeping my license points & avoiding fines + to wait for others who got stuck in red lights and such. In the end, I tried to keep up to you guys during the twisties.

Let this be a lesson for all so not to happen again next time. If things were to go bad, we all will feel BAD for the victims.

Huge Thanks to BGPete thou for organizing the Cruise.. It was awesome.. If only I joined it from the start.

And to lighten up the mood, check the Past club meets for pics. I'm workin on it now. Expect them in around 5 mins. :)

Edited by VF-X

well if anyone is interested or hasnt had enough driving we can always take it up north for a run in bobbin head point and out thru to akuma bay..

i dont mind going if anyone is up for it...

if we do we will be heading up carlingford way so it would be good to pick up ELEGNT.

well if anyone is interested or hasnt had enough driving we can always take it up north for a run in bobbin head point and out thru to akuma bay..

if we do we will be heading up carlingford way so it would be good to pick up ELEGNT.

+1

Or we can just eat up at some good restaurants. The annual meet isn't all about cruise.. It can be about food too. ;)

+1

Or we can just eat up at some good restaurants. The annual meet isn't all about cruise.. It can be about food too. ;)

ALL i would like to add is the nigth is STILL YOUNG..!!

post-2236-127642831719_thumb.gif

Edited by stock

If I remember correctly, 3l3GNT has another meet on tonight.. :)

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch - sorry I didn't get your name. :)

If I remember correctly, 3l3GNT has another meet on tonight.. :)

yeah i think he does..but maybe after that one

Pretty keen for another cruise........... (got too much O/T at work so havent made it to anything all weekend! mad.gif )

yeah if there a few ppl going i dont mind

cough cough kenneth!!