Lowering

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I inquired with my suspension wholesaler today and they have no listing on eibach struts for the current zz series corolla. would like to know where you guys are getting your info from and that price seem way too cheap for eibach's.

BTW the stivo has a 51mm leg on the front strut compared to the other models 46mm.

Exactly my thoughts QSilver, 600 seems cheap. I think there could be a set lying around and these boys want to get rid of it. The front struts are 51mm I measured today. I got quoted on Koni adjustable by Repco...through whiteline mind you, and the fronts are $275 each while the rears are $240 each. Donnellans quoted me $690(for 2) for the fronts fitted and $540(for 2) for the rear fitted.

Hi Silver,

i dunno who the other guys have spoken to but when i was considering any of eibach's products the eibach distributor for aus is located in sydney and i spoke with them directly as they do sell to the public. Details below

cheers

Bill

Eibach Suspension Technology Pty Limited

3 / 4 Prosperity Parade

Warriewood NSW 2102

Ph ...61 / 2-9999-3655

Fax ...61 / 2-9999-3855

eibach@eibach.com.au

Lucio I'm not discrediting you but by the same token don't want to see you spend $$$ on something that mighten fit. :( I'm as interested as the next bloke to see if Eibach actually have something to fit the Stivo as their 2005 catalogue has no listing for any corolla past 2001 Ae112. Just curious as to another option to koni's for roughly the same money or cheaper or dearer.

But from what most in the industry tell me they'll most likely be dearer. But I stand to be corrected if you can get them at a cheap price then by all means snap em up!!(Then brag about it!!!) :lol:

I will contact eibach myself and see what they say. The "bloke" at donellans stated that the difference between the koni and eibach pricing was due to the koni's being adjustable in their dampness. I'll keep you posted, these shockers could be the alternative to koni's keep you posted.

I will contact eibach myself and see what they say. The "bloke" at donellans stated that the difference between the koni and eibach pricing was due to the koni's being adjustable in their dampness. I'll keep you posted, these shockers could be the alternative to koni's keep you posted.

but then also the koni's are inserts and the eibach dampers will most likely come with a complete strut housing.

Edited by shaohaok

I made a phone call this morning to enquire about eibach pro dampers, and i received a rather frightening response, lowering the car more than 30 mm is illegal and does not comply with aust insurance standards. I personally think its a load of crap. The guy said lowering it that low i would require custom made shocks. And these guys distribute koni and eibachs in Vic. Makes you wonder.

• 3 months later...

hey guys been looking to lower my rolla as i have grown to get sick of the 4wd loom of the sportivo

the lowest quote i've got has been for king low springs and koni adjustable shocks fitted for $1500, as i have no idea on prices is this a decent deal :unsure:

hey guys been looking to lower my rolla as i have grown to get sick of the 4wd loom of the sportivo

the lowest quote i've got has been  for king low springs and koni adjustable shocks fitted for $1500, as i have no idea on prices is this a decent deal  :unsure:

Yup, that sounds like a decent price. Members here have done it for around the $1400 - $1600 mark. So it looks like you've got a pretty decent deal there.

any alternatives to koni adjustable shocks with similar price , as the shop were i was looking to get them said they are a minimum 6 weeks away due to none being in the country so they say :angry: , or are they worth the wait <_<

being an impatient 18 year old does not help :(

Edited by steve_g

• 6 months later...

with the koni adjustables u will receive a lil white knob, u place it on top of the strut n turn clockwise for softer setting n anti clockwise for firmer setting.....

thats all there is to it :)

and how hard is it to get the cap thing off on top of the strut cos i've had some troubles :unsure: , stupid question probably but its been ****ting me <_<

with the koni adjustables u will receive a lil white knob, u place it on top of the strut n turn clockwise for softer setting n anti clockwise for firmer setting.....

and how hard is it to get the cap thing off on top of the strut cos i've had some troubles :unsure: , stupid question probably but its been ****ting me <_<

It comes off really easily actually. It's just the round little rubber bit. Are you sure you are peeling the right bit off?

It comes off really easily actually. It's just the round little rubber bit. Are you sure you are peeling the right bit off?

get the coilovers .. there is a set in the buy/sell section now

Just to answer one of the other questions from last year in this thread, my car has TRD struts and springs(came with them), it is a firm ride, but definately not hard or "bouncy".

They appear to be progressive rate due to how they compress.

Actually they are probably the best feeling springs I've ever had in a car. :blink:

cheers :) ,

feel like such an idiot been ****** me off for a while and to find its so damm easy