Queensland police's

JCP88

hi ..

recently just brought a 2nd hand aurion sportivo from car sales ...and after when i brought the car, i saw the logbook and it says the 1st owner

was the Queensland police ...my parents was like wtf =.=

the aurion was made in oct 2008, registered in 2009 ...and had like 60,000km + ....

so was wondering ...since the 1st original owner was driven by the police .....would it be really bad ....

post-21051-128517369774_thumb.jpg

post-21051-128517375565_thumb.jpg

post-21051-128517386159_thumb.jpg

Edited by JCP88

Welcome..

Are you an outlaw or something? :lol: If not, I wouldn't be too worried. We got an Aurion here which was Ex police', but no trouble so far.

Im guessin ur car was mainly used for patrol, and emergency, and sometimes speed chase at the worst? :lol: But that's nothin you should be worried about now that she's in good hand.

Wat people should be worried the most, is if it was ex-rental, mainly coz people don't like the car being trashed and stuff. But hey, we got lots of ex rentals too, and they're all good so far, no problem.

Well the way I see this is that an ex-rental that has been taken care of (in terms of correct service intervals etc) shouldn't be any more worse off mechanically than another used Aurion of the same age. Most of the wear and tear on these cars are cosmetic as everything else is pretty solid, provided it is serviced regularly. If anything serious is to have happened (like the VVT-i oil line issue or the steering knock), it would have more than likely happened already. If the problem isn't there, it either indicates it has been kept well, or the problem has been fixed.

For some1 who's worried about his new car, you sure take good pics of em.. :P :lol:

It really is like asking how long a piece of string is - it would depend on what duties it performed, which station/s assigned to etc etc. Some of these cars are completely destroyed before they reach 20k, others are in pristine condition when they go on sale.

In my experience though, the series 1 Aurion's were fairly new to the Police around the time you got it and as such all the detectives and more senior Police nabbed them for themselves - as such alot of Aurions escaped the most hazardous career for a car within the Police which is of course - general duties.

Welcome..

Are you an outlaw or something? :lol: If not, I wouldn't be too worried. We got an Aurion here which was Ex police', but no trouble so far.

Im guessin ur car was mainly used for patrol, and emergency, and sometimes speed chase at the worst? :lol: But that's nothin you should be worried about now that she's in good hand.

Wat people should be worried the most, is if it was ex-rental, mainly coz people don't like the car being trashed and stuff. But hey, we got lots of ex rentals too, and they're all good so far, no problem.

Well the way I see this is that an ex-rental that has been taken care of (in terms of correct service intervals etc) shouldn't be any more worse off mechanically than another used Aurion of the same age. Most of the wear and tear on these cars are cosmetic as everything else is pretty solid, provided it is serviced regularly. If anything serious is to have happened (like the VVT-i oil line issue or the steering knock), it would have more than likely happened already. If the problem isn't there, it either indicates it has been kept well, or the problem has been fixed.

For some1 who's worried about his new car, you sure take good pics of em.. :P :lol:

haha thanks ....so far the car hasnt got any problems atm...who knows what will happen later XD

but the car still got like 1.3 yr of warranty with toyota so yea...

Edited by JCP88

If it has no signs of being a Marked car you should be right.

I dont know about were you are but in ACT most aurions are detectives etc and most are unmarked, so they do get strapped every once in a while but not constantly

like traffic cop cars.

Best thing you really can do is go back to were you bought it and ask them for the truth out of curiosity.

they might tell you were it came from and what it was used for but then they might not, depends on how nice/truthfull the seller wants to be.

I was looking at a XR6T in VIC and asked the salesperson and he straight up told me it was a ex cop car from parramatta that was used for Traffic duties.

:)

"My 2 Cents"

If it's a white one it would have been a General Duties car which means it would have been flogged. I say this because i do alot of the flogging on them in my division haha. They dont jump gutters really well but i'm sure a few people i have arrested could attest to their ability to brake pretty quickly forcing said persons to lurch forward into perpex divider in car.

If it's a white one it would have been a General Duties car which means it would have been flogged. I say this because i do alot of the flogging on them in my division haha. They dont jump gutters really well but i'm sure a few people i have arrested could attest to their ability to brake pretty quickly forcing said persons to lurch forward into perpex divider in car.

seems we have another officer of the law on here ;)

We have a white unmarked aurion at Boondall, it's used by the taccrime guys.

been flogged u serious ?? ><'' general duties ...what does it include ? like responding to 000 call ? chasing people and stuff right ?

yea and also see on top of the car ....looks like the paint has been repainted at the top .. ( the place where u guys put the lights siren thing)and you could see some weird small crack or line ...like it was really been used as a general dutie car b4 ..not undercover ?

and the car was made in 2008 oct, but registered on 2009 on the logbook ....and had like 60,000+ ..thats heaps right ?

but why the police got rid of it ? coz they got the 2010 model one ?

will my aurion wont last for long ? some people said if its a government car ...they take care of it regular servicing etc ...but one of my friend siad that they just drive it hardout for a year , not doing any servicing and then just get rid of it in a year or two ..is that true ><''

theres a lot of scratches on the dashboard by the way ....

the badge at the back was stuck upside down as well...the 'sx6' badge ..turned in to 9x5

post-21051-12853467618_thumb.jpg

been flogged u serious ?? ><'' general duties ...what does it include ? like responding to 000 call ? chasing people and stuff right ?

yea and also see on top of the car ....looks like the paint has been repainted at the top .. ( the place where u guys put the lights siren thing)and you could see some weird small crack or line ...like it was really been used as a general dutie car b4 ..not undercover ?

and the car was made in 2008 oct, but registered on 2009 on the logbook ....and had like 60,000+ ..thats heaps right ?

but why the police got rid of it ? coz they got the 2010 model one ?

will my aurion wont last for long ? some people said if its a government car ...they take care of it regular servicing etc ...but one of my friend siad that they just drive it hardout for a year , not doing any servicing and then just get rid of it in a year or two ..is that true ><''

theres a lot of scratches on the dashboard by the way ....

the badge at the back was stuck upside down as well...the 'sx6' badge ..turned in to 9x5

Hmm.. It sounded you didn't do enough inspection before buying it.

Despite of when it was registered, it's a 2008 model. Having 60,000KM on the clock is normal. U wouldn't have a clue either if the car was used to travel 40,000KM out of those 60,000 in the last 2 months before it was sold.

Why did they sell it..? It's normal. Lots of companies upgrade their cars' company every 3-5 years.. Go green maybe? Depreciation? New and better ones?

The logbook should record any service done over a certain period. What your friend said might be true from some people's bad exp, but that doesn't justify all govt cars.

And if u know that badge is upside down, Fix it. That's not cop specific. Mine was missing... And I did that on purpose..

Note for future 2nd hand car buying always study log book first before actual car if log book is dodgy or not fillled out walk away. I dont think you will have any real problems still plenty of km's to go before the car starts giving you trouble.

QLD Police were the only ones who were able to shear the outer section of the brake rotor from the inner hat on the patrol cars, I guess that says one thing about how they're driven :P

I was thinking this too. Should've taken a friend or your father for a closer detailed inspection of the vehicle before purchase.

60k km's in 1 year does sound high, but the main thing is still how that 60k km's was driven. How much did you buy the car for? Maybe if you'd known that the prior owner was the QLD Police, you could've used that to lower the price.

Normally fleet and Government vehicles are replaced every 3-5 years as mentioned above, so it is strange that this one is being 'offed' after only a year/

Edited by Morequick

Is that legal? lol

off topic but nice avatar Morequick :clap:

mesmerising isn't it? ;)

ah ok Nachoman, but 60k-70k km's in 1 year is pretty high for any vehicle, then taking into consideration how it's been driven will definitely affect its life span.

guns and thrashing fast cars, Police force looking pretty attractive :lol:

Is that legal? lol

Who cares they obviously deserve it.

I was thinking this too. Should've taken a friend or your father for a closer detailed inspection of the vehicle before purchase.

60k km's in 1 year does sound high, but the main thing is still how that 60k km's was driven. How much did you buy the car for? Maybe if you'd known that the prior owner was the QLD Police, you could've used that to lower the price.

Normally fleet and Government vehicles are replaced every 3-5 years as mentioned above, so it is strange that this one is being 'offed' after only a year/

well before i got it ..i had a friend who owns a 2007 aurion sportivo zr6 to test drive it ...he said that it feels the same as his ...

and also had some parents friend ...to have a look too ...all said it was ok ..

got the car for $22,000 ..i guess it was ok ? 2008 aurion with 60K ..for 22..?~ the guy gave us the log book in the end ...only find out it was QLD police untill he left ><''

didnt have any experience in buying 2nd hand car ....lol!

QLD Police were the only ones who were able to shear the outer section of the brake rotor from the inner hat on the patrol cars, I guess that says one thing about how they're driven :P

" shear the outer section of the brake rotor from the inner hat " what does that mean ?

sorry im a newbie here ^^"

In easy terms is means the car was driven hard! Why are some of you being heroes and saying "Shouldn't have bought it should have done this and that" not very helpful! Police car or not it's a very nice vehicle ;)