Defyant

Vic, just priced up a new boot and duck tail...... 300+ for a boot and i'd have to respray it here @ home so proll add another 90 for paint thinners etc. I'm dead keen to do it tho!

How did you attach your roof wing mate?

What u need a new boot for? Just get them to fibreglass the existing hole.. + got no space for the boot for my case.

Don't know. I asked panel beaters to do it. Just use some double tape, that should do.

Eyelids are on ! rear roof wing next :)

Does anyone have these colour coded in white?

post-20462-0-30415800-1326450609_thumb.jpost-20462-0-75326800-1326450610_thumb.j

post-20462-0-95120000-1326450611_thumb.jpost-20462-0-13021600-1326450613_thumb.j

Dpending on how you colour your rear ducktail and spoiler. But white on white is obviously not a bad option. Or black.

Them!...... i'll bog the holes myself :) genuine sportivo tail for 240 direct from Toyota! i wanted to keep the orig boot and spoiler, incase i didint like or wanted to change back.

Roof wings on :) cheers double sided tape did the trick nice.I didint want mine to sag in the middle thought there mighta been a pro way to do it.

'll leave roof wing black for now, but am half tempted to give the eyelids a coat of diamond white.

Spent a hour or so cutting & moulding up some tinted perspex covers for the lower lights!!! in 2 minds if i like the look.

Careful with the D/S tape with the roof spoiler.... On the now dead n gone beemer, i used 3M's most adhesive tape, AU230 a roll, and whilst heading out to Malalah it flew off, almost hitting a truck after launching 20-30m high. Minimal damage, a few scrapes and chips, but i would have felt pretty bad had that truck come off the road.... he swerved enough to go onto the gravel, but corrected nicely.... I shat.

Ended up sikaflexing it on re advise from a body shop.

Cheers Pete.

jeeesus thats a scary bloody thing to have to happen.....sikaflex was my thought too after 2 fail attempts @ the double sided tape :(.

I ended up building my tape up all the way to the back of thr spoiler rather than to the foam that runs around the outer edge,This way i managed to prop the middle up rather then it sag like most i see.

Still dont see it as a perm soloution, Fingers crossed the 3M roof wrap shows up soon. Wing off then and back on with sika :)

I'm not sure why the pics arn't working Vic

Ah yes... Sikaflex is the word. Not double sided tape. I was thinking yeah it's weird. double sided tape? sounds dodgy. :lol:

Anw, post em up as soon as u can, or i see it in person tonite. :D

Ah yes... Sikaflex is the word. Not double sided tape. I was thinking yeah it's weird. double sided tape? sounds dodgy. :lol:

Anw, post em up as soon as u can, or i see it in person tonite. :D

post-20462-0-75097400-1326508681_thumb.j post-20462-0-83085200-1326508682_thumb.j post-20462-0-37288500-1326508680_thumb.jpost-20462-0-92204400-1326508678_thumb.j post-20462-0-61487200-1326508677_thumb.j

Niiiice piccy ty ! and thanx for those extras one my cam :) theres some awsome wallpaper shots there.

Woke up this morn and the car had bneen ransacked in my driveway.... i must have forgotten to lock/set alarm....

The wife got up @ 4am to let the cat in.... and must have scared them off.... boot and passanger door was open... My old navman was sitting on the passanger seat!!!

A bit of rain in the car but a close call.

Damn but lucky in a way!

I think the newer Toyotas only auto-lock if you unlock it but do not open any doors within a certain specific time. But if say, you have opened the doors already or just drove and turned it off, and walk away; it will remain unlocked.

Looks good Luke :clap: unlucky about this morning too.

Cheers Rob ty mate, and cheers again for the other night, was a blast seeing just how low your car does go , between you and Vic 2 of the best aurions in aus :toast:

God that's sexy... Ignore my PM.. :lol:

Now...where's that ducktail we talked about.. :lol:

Cheers mate I'ts commin i want that look soooo bad now.

doesnt the car lock itself after a certain timeframe? mine does...

black roof looks heaps good! now get bags. haha

Cheers mate OMG! tbh i think i'd prolly bag the iLoad before the aurion and it's somthing i wanna do soon!

Damn but lucky in a way!

I think the newer Toyotas only auto-lock if you unlock it but do not open any doors within a certain specific time. But if say, you have opened the doors already or just drove and turned it off, and walk away; it will remain unlocked.

Yer thats exactly how i felt too mate, quiet lucky for a laps in security i really didint pay any price. Your 100% right, i must got home and just got out and for some reason not hit the alarm.( total brain fart) been havin a few of em lately.

Roof looks nice man, it IS a high gloss vinyl! You like it?

How did the little discrepancy go, iron out?

I really like walking out and seeing the black roof it suits the car well imo. ....it's not as good a finish as i expected,, kinda of a gloss but with no depth to it.You get a shine in the day and nice reflections @ night but you can't "look into" it like 2pak.

The application is prolly 95% only bad spot is along the back window i pretty much nailed the rest. You can see where the krinkle was....but im hoping for a few hot days to help sort that out.

It's not very durable and will scratch up pretty easy. I can't see it as being a final solution but a cheaper (that ended up exy) way for me to have a good look.

I took a few shots of the damaged box and roll... end the end i got most of it out.

OOOOO Sexy ty mate :) pretty much how it looks too, i'll try and post up some better shots tomoz after i respray the rear roof spoiler and sikaflex it on.

Didnt you use heat guns when you do it? I believe it's durable when it's on higher temperature, which is how most people do it on curves, bonnets side mirrors, etc.. On a flat roof, it certainly helps with small details.

Didnt you use heat guns when you do it? I believe it's durable when it's on higher temperature, which is how most people do it on curves, bonnets side mirrors, etc.. On a flat roof, it certainly helps with small details.

just the heat of the middle of the day was enuf to make the vynal.... toooo strechy... you can see spots where it streched and faded :(

The crinkles are there to stay. they kinda look like leather but bigger.

Few more shots unwashed while i wait for the sika to cure. Tomorrow is boot/wing and rear bar day. If i get time i'll try the rims black too!

post-20462-0-75373900-1326778554_thumb.jpost-20462-0-77424400-1326778539_thumb.j post-20462-0-82559300-1326778541_thumb.j post-20462-0-93887100-1326778542_thumb.j post-20462-0-26870000-1326778544_thumb.j post-20462-0-36391300-1326778545_thumb.j post-20462-0-70060000-1326778546_thumb.j post-20462-0-82329300-1326778547_thumb.j

Damn, lucky you have a cat, great timing... Roof looks great Luke, gloss alright, newish release ? or maybe I haven't noticed seeing as most go with matte or carbon..I like the gloss how it marries up nicely with the rear glass....

Damn, lucky you have a cat, great timing... Roof looks great Luke, gloss alright, newish release ? or maybe I haven't noticed seeing as most go with matte or carbon..I like the gloss how it marries up nicely with the rear glass....

Cheers mate, it is glossy like you most i see are matt of carbon, from a distance it looks like a pro glass roof..... There should be enuf on the roll left to do a small car, i measured wrong thinkin i ordered enuff to do 2 aurions. Lemme know if your interested... if not i can see a iLoad with a black bonnet!

All in all a great product if your not willing to commit to a 2pak job.

The more i see it the more inlove with the look i become.

Rear boot lip goin on as i type :)