Dutchie's second toy..

dutchie101

• 2 weeks later...

TOMS ECM arrived last week, installed by KPM today.

Had a little issue with the ECM needing to be corrected with a security reset as the TOMS ECM obviously didnt match the rest of my system. After some wonderful help from Master Technician Cameron at Lexus of Adelaide, and a quick scoot back to KPM, the guys had it sorted. Excellent.

Pre dyno showed 158kW at the wheels, TOMS installed dyno yielded 163.4kW.

Most power gains were thru the whole range up to 5,400rpm, considerable from 3,700 thru.

As max power isnt really an issue here, the numbers dont seem to be that different.... why bother i hear you say??

Well the driving is outstandingly better. Faster, sharper, pulls harder, seems to down-change quicker and i love it. It still maintains the smoothness and cruisyness, but boogies with the foot down.

I would expect to see far more improvement figure wise with the PPE headers, TOMS mid and center pipes installed... stay tuned!

very nice sir Dutchie. awesome work with the ECU. looks like a pretty decent power and overall performance gain.. can't wait to see what the headers + mid/centre pipes do to it!

I think I need to take a road trip down to SA to see this puppy in the flesh (along with the ZRE).. oh and yourself too rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

TOMS ECM arrived last week, installed by KPM today.

Had a little issue with the ECM needing to be corrected with a security reset as the TOMS ECM obviously didnt match the rest of my system. After some wonderful help from Master Technician Cameron at Lexus of Adelaide, and a quick scoot back to KPM, the guys had it sorted. Excellent.

Pre dyno showed 158kW at the wheels, TOMS installed dyno yielded 163.4kW.

Most power gains were thru the whole range up to 5,400rpm, considerable from 3,700 thru.

As max power isnt really an issue here, the numbers dont seem to be that different.... why bother i hear you say??

Well the driving is outstandingly better. Faster, sharper, pulls harder, seems to down-change quicker and i love it. It still maintains the smoothness and cruisyness, but boogies with the foot down.

I would expect to see far more improvement figure wise with the PPE headers, TOMS mid and center pipes installed... stay tuned!

Congratulations, I have to say, the peak number is not impressive at all.. However, as you pointed out, the drivability significantly increase, it is something that the number does not speak out... That is the fun bit about tuning

Have they changed the AF ratio? (Ask them for the AF ratio graph before and after)

Also, how much torque has you gained?

Edited by ben yip

Heya Ben,

Yeah your totally correct, numbers dont speak for the feel of the car. I just took mum and dad into town for dinner, and well, they both exclaimed"sheeeeeiiitt" when i tromped it. So coming from a neutral perspective, the increase in quite noticeable - Thats an awesome gauge that should be an international standard, the "M&D factor" :lol:

For some reason torque isnt on the shootout graph, i can recall that when i do the exhaust and re dyno... Im sure it has increased.

lsdyno1.jpg

Also, this run was just to make sure no pinging or knock was noticed with the new ECM, im not sure how hard they pushed it, but it would be near full.

Note how rich Lexus run it till 3+k, i assume this is for the squidgee luxury feel, as now it has far more pedal response down low.

• 1 month later...

This weeks addition:

Dixcel 12-slot HST rotors front and back

Project Mu Teflon/Stainless braid brake lines

Smoothed and 2pak custom colour painted OEM Calipers

Dixcelfront.jpg

Dixcelback.jpg

The last shot shows a truer colour representation, its not the orangey gold gordy Subaru Brembo colour, more of a brass/slight copper beige mica.

Rolling shots soon...

how much is the rotor I dun know they have rotor for our car !! If I know this, I would not have bought RDA

Is it OEM size of 275mm as well?

I have searched the site, the part number is 311 9235 front and 315 9086 for rear, is it correct? They also say you need to pay 6000 Yen for HST

How did you buy it?

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/rotor/rotor_hs.html#

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/list/rotor_list/rotor-jp.htm , and click トヨタ at the bottom right (japanese of toyota)

also dunno Project Mu has braided brake lines for our car. I am using Goodridge now

The paint in the Calipers = hot

Edited by ben yip

Love the look of the new calls and discs Pete, your really setting the standard for looks mate, I haven't seen anything that looks as good in Syd, would love to see some rolling shots! And cheers for my new iPad wallpaper :)

Heya Ben,

Dixcel do stock/make ZRE rotors.

I used a Rakuten supplier to get mine, fairly easy to deal with. Yes, the 12 slot version is 6000 Yen per pair extra.

I can pass you one the seller if you like.

Defyant,

Thanks! Your welcome!