[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been to Kingston. Keen as to go go-karting. Will give you moolah when I'm out next.

I'd love to do the go karting but its all so up in the air for me at the moment RE my attendance, as I've mentioned earlier I have applied for another job, so if I get that I don't know if I can get all of the holiday time or come at all, if they let me take paid leave then definitely, but I can't afford it unpaid. If I don't change jobs I'll be up there as planned :) (as I have had the time booked off for months now)

But yeah, I will just have to say no to make it easier as you need the money by this week. If I do make it (which is 100% my aim) I will just play photographer :)

And stuff you both Daryl and Andrew with the jacks, that's just not fair! How on earth I am going to get the car fully clean is anyone's guess if I get up there lol I'm sure I will think of something though :D

And stuff you both Daryl and Andrew with the jacks, that's just not fair! How on earth I am going to get the car fully clean is anyone's guess if I get up there lol I'm sure I will think of something though :D

You can come to my place and put her up on stands.

I can help if you trust me :D

You can come to my place and put her up on stands.

I can help if you trust me :D

Done and done :D You are awesome! And of course I trust you, you're a fellow Camry owner :lol: Please cross your fingers for me then that I can still drive up there then :) Otherwise thank goodness there are last minute flights!

I'd love to do the go karting but its all so up in the air for me at the moment RE my attendance, as I've mentioned earlier I have applied for another job, so if I get that I don't know if I can get all of the holiday time or come at all, if they let me take paid leave then definitely, but I can't afford it unpaid. If I don't change jobs I'll be up there as planned :) (as I have had the time booked off for months now)

But yeah, I will just have to say no to make it easier as you need the money by this week. If I do make it (which is 100% my aim) I will just play photographer :)

Lucky I have 4 stands.

Okay guys. As you may have read in the itinerary, we are planning to go go-karting on the Sunday of the meet. As it is getting rather close to the meet, we need to get this sorted and booked ASAP. For those that are attending, I have added a poll to this thread so that I can gather numbers on this. Also, it would be good to have a definite answer as to whether you would be in for this.

For said event, you would be looking at $95 per person for 4 x 10 minutes sessions on the 1100 metre Le Mans track in a Schumacher Kart. We would require a $20 deposit to secure your booking to be made within the next week.

Edit: To make it more economical, the following has been proposed:

For said event, you would be looking at $66 per person for 4 x 6 minutes sessions on the Monte Carlo track in a Predator Kart. We would require a $20 deposit to secure your booking to be made within the next week.

Put me down for the karts too, PM me with payment details.

I vote SD has to wear a weight belt with say 40kg of lead LOL to make it fair us bigger people LOL

We call people with 40kgs extra "ample gentlemen" and "curvyyyyyyy babes" :P

We call people with 40kgs extra "ample gentlemen"

Or just "tall bastards" like me - 6'2" and 105kg is definitely not the best frame for karting...

We call people with 40kgs extra "ample gentlemen"

Or just "tall bastards" like me - 6'2" and 105kg is definitely not the best frame for karting...

My benchmark then, 6'3" and 100kg

Alrighty - well I just found out I didn't get the job, which sucks, but in a piece of much better news I will now 100% definitely be coming to the National :D I have hols booked in the current job from the 6th to the 20th, so now I'm just working out if I can afford to drive up on Saturday the 4th (as I want my trip up there to be good holiday time, and time to see and do things) or do I fly up and back and just use public transport/bum rides off you QLD'ers :)

Alrighty - well I just found out I didn't get the job, which sucks, but in a piece of much better news I will now 100% definitely be coming to the National :D I have hols booked in the current job from the 6th to the 20th, so now I'm just working out if I can afford to drive up on Saturday the 4th (as I want my trip up there to be good holiday time, and time to see and do things) or do I fly up and back and just use public transport/bum rides off you QLD'ers :)

Huzzah but not huzzah!

Heheh yeah, very apt way of putting it! :lol:

The more I think about it, I will fly, just weighing up the costs of driving and I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to afford to do that, especially when Tiger Airways had flights up for $1 and the return flight was $70. That way I've got more money to spend on fun holiday things :D Is there good public transport to get down to the Gold Coast? I might be able to hire a car, but at 24 I'm still a year under their usual 25 y.o limit. And I guess is there good public transport around Brisbane in general?

I'll help you clean your car Andrew if I can shotgun around the meet activities :D

Oh and count me in for the go karting now too then, can I direct deposit you the $20 Daryl?

Are the guys/girls that are driving up, Going to get a carbra or just drive like that alot of people are telling me im going to come back with scratches galaw and its kind of turning me off and making me change my mind.

The more I think about it, I will fly, just weighing up the costs of driving and I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to afford to do that, especially when Tiger Airways had flights up for $1 and the return flight was $70. That way I've got more money to spend on fun holiday things :D Is there good public transport to get down to the Gold Coast? I might be able to hire a car, but at 24 I'm still a year under their usual 25 y.o limit. And I guess is there good public transport around Brisbane in general?

I'll help you clean your car Andrew if I can shotgun around the meet activities :D

Oh and count me in for the go karting now too then, can I direct deposit you the $20 Daryl?

Public transport isn't fantastic, but if you know your routes it isn't so bad. Worst case scenario, I can (if available) ferry you around.

Would love some tips from the Queen of Cleaning but I would have offered shotgun anyway.

Are the guys/girls that are driving up, Going to get a carbra or just drive like that alot of people are telling me im going to come back with scratches galaw and its kind of turning me off and making me change my mind.

Just drive, it's the nature of the beast. I had my bonnet, bar and front lip resprayed 2 weeks before last year's annual meet. Imagine the rage I got getting stuck behind dump trucks and other cars in roadworks areas.

There is public transport to the GC and all around brisbane, it depends what your definition of good is though.

If you are really worried about the scratches/stone chips etc, you can always apply a film of book contact on the front bumper, bonnet and the mirrors. Remove when you are up here and give it a quick wash afterwards. This was advised by our resident detailer SB! And I'm sure he will be able to give it a nice clean on Friday at his work.

I vote SD has to wear a weight belt with say 40kg of lead LOL to make it fair us bigger people LOL

I don't exercise my **** off for nothing*, I'm even lighter then when you last saw me too ;)

*It's so I can consume more beer and chocolate