2012 Camry

urbanx

The front makes it look like a hybrid. The rear looks like a combination of the ZRE sedan and a Lexus.

The back to me looks like a Holden cruze o_0

I was about to say Holden epica

Focus sedan perhaps?!

Based on that Go Auto article and the pictures above, if that's the way they're going to look the next gen Camry is much better looking than the next gen Aurion imo! Echoing the sentiments of the comments above, it doesn't look right at all. The spy pics indicate something pretty decent underneath for the Camry, can't wait to see what the next gen Sportivo looks like :D

That midnight blue colour looks amazing and I love the grille and lights :) (middle picture of the Go Auto article)

2012 Camry Hybrid caught in the nude!

Looks like the JDM-spec Camry will be more in common with the South East Asian/ Taiwanese/ Chinese Camry (From what I make out in the teaser and leaked Japanese photos.) and what we might/ will get as the Aurion. Seeing that the Japanese & US Camry will have different front ends, I wonder if there still will be Japanese-built US-market variants.

camry-pro-2-1600-thumb-717x477-94846.jpg

camry-f34-1600-thumb-717x477-94843.jpg

camry-r34-1600-thumb-717x477-94849.jpg

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2011/07/revealed-2012-toyota-camry-hybrid-caught-undisguised.html

mm i dunno.. Just doesn’t look exciting enough... could very well be a current gen car doesn’t look like a new car.. Has a bit of ZRE Corolla sedan about it with some Honda Accord euro, Suby Liberty and Holden Cruze or even epica about it? Interior does look a step up from 40's series though however. Guess we'll have to wait to see it in the flesh. does alarm me though that Toyota Style Australia has had no influence in the next gen Camry and Aurion... so no doubt the Camry will be the tougher looking car without the means to back it up... not sure what all this means for Aurion Sportivo surely this has to be designed here in Australia along with its ride and handling package. Really is the last roll of the dice though they can’t get this car wrong.. On the upside there is a fairly hardcore rear suspension in the new car, so handling should be a marked improvement across the range.

I'm not liking it now after seeing those leaked Hybrid photos. It just doesn't look anything ground-breaking and it's just a mash up of other cars it seems.

As well, I personally think they should just drop the Aurion line and make the Camry like it is in the States. The I4 and the V6 both with the same exterior. But that's just how I think it should be... I'm sure they have good reason for having it the way it is here. I just reckon the Aurion should be uniquely different, therefore if the Camry shown above comes here, it should come here as that.

lol WELL if there's anybody from Toyota reading this they must be a little nervous that a bunch of current model Camry and Aurion owners aren’t really blown away with the new design then imagine what the rest of the motoring world will be saying...

Reason we have Camry 4 and Aurion V6 in Australia is because we needed a halo car people knew was a V6, the old camrys in customers eyes were considered a 4cyls by the general masses and there for never considered as a falcodore competitor.

Firstly, I would say that car is the American spec vehicle. If so, expect there to be minor 'Australian' tweaks to its front end design etc by the time it makes it to Australia.

Secondly, like most cars, I would say it will grow on you. Wait until you see Sportivo models, what other colours it may come in, etc etc before you make your final decision.

Looks like the sinful creation of a current gen Corolla Sedan x Subaru Liberty - we all know how hot both these cars are.

Though I must admit, the middle picture here does look quite nice...

Toyota_stack.jpg

Edited by Harlo

Again i guess to be fair to the new car we have to wait till we can touch feel and drive the thing before we have our final says, but yes it does look like a bunch of cars all put together lol

Yeah that's what i thought... kind of backwards.. Whole reason they put them in the Camry was because 1. They were brighter and therefore safer and 2.drew less energy therefore made the alternator not have to work as hard which in turn gave you better fuel economy. Would be strange for them not to use them again on the new model.

^ You really are a troll.

I'm being serious, it's noticeably similar to the Liberty? A few people commented it looks like a car mix-mash. Why you trolling me for? :( .

You see the very similar design, is troll shape.

2012-toyota-camry-teaser1.jpg

2011-subaru-legacy-4-door-sedan-h4-auto-2-5i-prem-tail-light_100322223_l.jpg

Edited by Harlo

Camry_large.jpg

I just noticed that the side profile looks almost identical to the current Camry?

Can Toyota get their own ideas to produce their products?

No idea why they went with the Liberty look, the current generation Liberty is super ugly.