GDUBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRD to VIP transformation in progress

progress photos....

CCFL Angel Eyes fitted (Vick, Thomas, and Luke.... thanks for the tips)

Blest Bahnsports are re-finished and fitted (cheers to Mick Wheels)

Centre Console wrapped (gonna re-do the headunit surround, I'm not happy with it)

post-25327-0-04451900-1332460076_thumb.jpost-25327-0-62297500-1332461498_thumb.jpost-25327-0-85511000-1332461612_thumb.j

Countdown to April 27th when the transformation is set to be complete.

Remaining works: roof wrap, spoiler delete, coilovers ($$$ permitting this month), cosmetic paint, JDM badges, tow bar delete, hood vents, new grill, new mesh, 5% tint rear glass

those wheels came up nice, where did you take them?

a place called Warner Wheels up here on the Sunny Coast. They aren't bad, but Dipulu down the Goldie are the best.

Big fan of how good those lights look George, they change the whole look of the front end from lean to mean :spiteful: !

Edited by Defyant

Big fan of how good those lights look George, they change the whole look of the front end from lean to mean :spiteful: !

Cheers! I love how little changes make a huge difference sometimes. My taillights are back to OEM red again, looking more VIP classy and less Aussie sporty by the day.

Epic fail! Too trigger happy!

TRD front grills are smaller..... I'm an idiot! Hope bodykit kingdom will exchange.

Looks like I'm cutting up and plastic welding the OEM grill.

Be aware that should you fail, those grills cost a small fortune to replace

He of little faith.....

Btw, Trent's comment on the other thread got me thinking. Interested in a steering column assembly swap before you sell? I'd love to have your paddle shifters.

Interested in a steering column assembly swap before you sell? I'd love to have your paddle shifters.

I don't think a swap would simply cut it since the amount spent on doing said mod is more than a new TRD steering wheel is probably worth.

oooh yeah, Athletes are sexy, more hints?

Your TRD rims are gone?

TRD wheels are long gone. I ordered the full set of Crown Athlete badges, and the TRD grill is modified to be similar to the Athlete front end. The paint scheme is going to be one colour instead of the TRD standard two tone.

Paint shop all next week.

Hopefully coilovers soon.

• 3 weeks later...

photo-3.jpg

photo-3n.jpg

progress photos guys....

suspension, roof wrap, and badges left to do. I have some new interior mod ideas too, doubt they will be done before the national meet.

I'm sold on everything but the bonnet and wheels.

First thought with the bonnet was Commodore... even though it has nothing to do with it.

Wheels... Can't quite tell why I don't like it. I think it's cause their fitment isn't quite right. I think they need to be at least 20 inch. 21 would be ideal to match.

Sorry George I liked it better before.

No worries Trent. To each their own.... I like that no TRD looks like mine. I'm a fan of the one color thing. Not sold on my wheels yet but we'll see how they look once the suspensions done. Not going back to 20's though. They look a lot better then when I bought them from Mick.

I think the wheels look good, but if only they were 19's...

They do look a lot better then when I had them though... You would easily be able to offload them for much more than you paid if you decided to change.

Not sure if I am sold on the bonnet, but the front I like.

Thats the best front end bonnet combo ive sen yet mate, the grill mod works perfect cleans the whole front up.

Thats a one off look mate and i love it!