Fuel Consumption

Thanks for the responses,

Putting things into perspective, you guys are correct to some extend. The best fuel consumpstion vs the worse fuel consumption varies only about 2L/100km at the very worse.

Unless you use the car for 100000km/year, your fuel costs is insignificant compare to registration, service, insurance and loan. So in many ways, it does not matter if I'm wasteful with fuel as I don't travel that much.

Bong

I beg to differ...

Fuel for me 14-15L/100kms.. averaging 15,000ks a year.... = 2250L of petrol per year... at $1.40L = $3150 PER YEAR OF FUEL!

thats not insignificant compared to servicing etc

Add to that some stupid bogan in an XF ute rear ended me on Friday and drove off.. Got the F#$kers numberplate though.. went to cops and have made an insurance claim... OH the joy of cars!

Edited by MotoMan

Putting things into perspective, you guys are correct to some extend. The best fuel consumpstion vs the worse fuel consumption varies only about 2L/100km at the very worse.

Unless you use the car for 100000km/year, your fuel costs is insignificant compare to registration, service, insurance and loan. So in many ways, it does not matter if I'm wasteful with fuel as I don't travel that much.

Bong

I beg to differ...

Fuel for me 14-15L/100kms.. averaging 15,000ks a year.... = 2250L of petrol per year... at $1.40L = $3150 PER YEAR OF FUEL!

Add to that some stupid bogan in an XF ute rear ended me on Friday and drove off.. Got the F#$kers numberplate though.. went to cops and have made an insurance claim... OH the joy of cars!

14/15L per 100km??? What do you do?? Drive around in first gear :whistling: Driving my car hard i get like 11L per 100kms.

Bong

I beg to differ...

that pretty high....you must belt your car around all day everyday :blink:

Bong

I beg to differ...

that pretty high....you must belt your car around all day everyday :blink:

Or i may have sold my sportivo and drive a Skyline now :)

that would make alot more sence....also would have made alot more sence if you mentioned it in the first place.

:P I thought it was common knowledge :whistling:

I'm with you Motoman, except lower a bit. >_< I'm at abouts 9 - 10L /100 km. The Rex is a bit of a Paris Hilton/ Lindsey lohan to alcohol :toast:

My 06 Auto Sedan has used 476 litres to travel 6769km so far this year - average 7.0 litres / 100km. Why do I keep such careful track? Because my beloved drives a Territory.

$36-$38 worth of 98 octane into my 20v makes 200-250ks... i got a bit of a lead foot and its running pretty rich i think

(i dont let my tank get low cause the needle is off... it will never let me fill to the top)

• 1 month later...

Gee with a 23km/h average you must be sitting in some pretty heavy traffic ;) Anyway new engines also take a little while to loosen up a bit so you should see much better fuel economy in the coming weeks.

BTW you must have a Levin ZR or Ultima with Optitron to get those readings, correct?

Because that's a feature I wouldn't mind but it's not in a model I want to buy (Levin being a hatch and Ultima being an auto)...

Gee with a 23km/h average you must be sitting in some pretty heavy traffic ;) Anyway new engines also take a little while to loosen up a bit so you should see much better fuel economy in the coming weeks.

BTW you must have a Levin ZR or Ultima with Optitron to get those readings, correct?

Because that's a feature I wouldn't mind but it's not in a model I want to buy (Levin being a hatch and Ultima being an auto)...

oh well, sydney city traffic in the 8am/9am morning, you can imagine..lol!

also, i'm trying to drive pretty careful during the brake in period,

I just have the Levin SX, it still has the computer readings but just on a little LCD display..i believe this feature is on the accent aswell, ...the ZR's Optitron is really nice, but bit too pricy, if anyone can afford the extra $4000, the Optitron, HID, smart entry, climate control a/c and various other cool features are real nice touch...

So you wanted a Manual Sedan?

Hi all, i m new to this board

Just got my 07 corolla for about a week

the meter so far shows

10.3L/100km

23km/hr avg

city and few 70km/hr highway driving

is this normal??

Well we have had our new 07 Corolla for about a month and a bit now, the average we get according to the meter is 9.2L/100km

the meter so far shows

10.3L/100km

23km/hr avg

is this normal??

Well we have had our new 07 Corolla for about a month and a bit now, the average we get according to the meter is 9.2L/100km

icic, i hope it will go down in a few weeks time of mine

Anyway, is your instant fuel consumption showing anything?

it just has a ------- on my one, how does that thing work?

the meter so far shows

10.3L/100km

23km/hr avg

is this normal??

No idea either, I was checking it today and it was ---------. However, it was at a stop light, so chances are it was because it was stopping and it can't measure instantaneous fuel economy. The Camry V6 shows 99.9L/100km! when stationary. I'll check it some time when moving.

We commonly only keep the trip computer on one of two things - range or external temperature.

the meter so far shows

10.3L/100km

23km/hr avg

is this normal??

No idea either, I was checking it today and it was ---------. However, it was at a stop light, so chances are it was because it was stopping and it can't measure instantaneous fuel economy. The Camry V6 shows 99.9L/100km! when stationary. I'll check it some time when moving.

We commonly only keep the trip computer on one of two things - range or external temperature.

I drove today with the instant fuel consumpt, yeh, it was only ---- when i was stationary, lol! could have figure that out, yeh, theres a slight delay when u hit the pedal before it shows up

• 1 month later...

I just moved the goal posts. Managed 908km out of the last tank. But didn't beat my old PB in terms of economy, managed only 6.6L/100km for that tank. It would have been soo much better had it not been for that stupid round-a-bout at the airport <_<

I have a 07 Corolla Acsent Hatch, and I've done 9500 k's and my average fuel consumpsion is 8.0 - 8.3L/100km's

I think that is very good for me as I'm on my P's (old rules) and this is my first car and I think I thrash it quite often

But yeah the Ascent has a computer just not as fancy as the Levin ones lol

Just got my '07 Corolla Levin ZR on Friday and I'm very happy with it!

When I got it from the dealership it read 10.3L/100km but then again it only had 1/4 a tank in it from there and only had done 15km heh.

Now when I finished driving today I checked it and it said 9.2L/100km and Avg speed of 57km/h.

This is on BP Standard though.

Also is it just because the car is brand new or every time it drops below 3,000rpm it just feels like theres nothing there until it rises back over? It's not quite a flatspot, but it definately feels almost like one.

Mind you this is an auto too. :P