Fuel Consumption

WHACK!!! I need to give up my lift addiction........ No wonder im spending so much on fuel, I worked out my last tank i only got 4.8Km per 1L of vortex 95 :unsure:

*slap* 98 dude! 98! Ultimate or Vortex 98! *slap* 98!

...*slap* teehee!!! *runs away*

Guest JDM y0 !

havnt worked it out or anything but i would say my average would be very bad. might work it out next week.

im guessing maybe.... 12-14 L /per 100km .... i like the above 4000 zone :) ... no make that the above 5000 zone rofl

Quick question and this thread seems the best place, there is a small family owned service station near mine, and there 98 octane fuel is the vortex 98 but with ethanol instead of benzo* to get the octane rating up... wouldnt this be better in theory??? hopefully this made sense...

Quick question and this thread seems the best place, there is a small family owned service station near mine, and there 98 octane fuel is the vortex 98 but with ethanol instead of benzo* to get the octane rating up... wouldnt this be better in theory??? hopefully this made sense...

but isnt some older cars cant handle ethanol?

the average vortex 98 on tues in melb is about 1.28 a litre

Edited by sportiyo

but isnt some older cars cant handle ethanol?

the average vortex 98 on tues in melb is about 1.28 a litre

No idea, I was just asking cause old cob at the servo told me that his fuel is the vortex bought from caltex but mixed with ethanol and should work better in my car... Damn this **** is confusing :blink:

The chemical your thinking of is called benzine. I'm sure someone more versed on Caltex products would be able to explain the rest of your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a Nov 2005 Hatch Auto Conquest for 4 months now and is driven in Sydney most of the time. Fuel consumption at best is 9.8 l/100kms and worst 13.4 l/100kms. Not that impressed. But it appears about average for city driving compared with other responses here. Had a six cylinder car before this that matched or bettered the Corolla and had a lot more grunt. Use 91 octane BP most of the time but have tried higher octane fuels for a couple of fills but still fell within the same range. Does anyone have the following problem with their Corolla. Lights go green - touch accelerator - nothing happens momentarily and it then moves off with a '*****' like you were trying to race someone but once moving acceleration is leisurly. Slow down behind another car almost to a stop and car in front moves off so you lightly squeeze the accelerator to move off with them and same no response then a snatch as the transmission seems to wake up that its supposed to be drive the wheels. I am surprised at this lack of refinement in what should be a well developed car. Before I took delivery of this car the previous car a loan car 2006 Corolla was the same so I don't think this is an isolated case. This condition may contribute to poor city fuel consumption as you cant drive smoothly.

since these have brought up again, after i took the snorkel off still very good with fuel, going to a new workplace to work everyday(20km one way) and then take my wife to shopping on some days(13kms?one way) and only uses half tank of vortex 98, awsome, even lifted heaps to wake me up in the early mornings, i actually wish to have drink more fuel and have really good response and power from the motor, after all its a stock late model corolla even the worse case cant be too bad can it?

Edited by sportiyo

• 4 weeks later...

depends if doing much driving for work ( like it when i do get teh old 50c per km travelled added onto pay)

If just to and from work and normal other things i do around a tank a fortnight (65-70 $ @1.35 ish avg for BP ultimate)

so yeah around 30 $ - 35$ per week

cheers

gday,

i put bout $54 of premium unleaded to get a full tank when my petrol warning light goes on.

full tank is bout 40L isnt it?

i usually get it at woolworths/caltex with the 4c discount, then another 4c off when i buy $5 of chocolatez...

Edited by JJCRU23R

haha Never fill in a ful tank these days, trying to keep the car light, i only fill up half a tank around $30, but 30L will give me around 400 km or more, and i do thrash the car too, i think the mods have increase my mileage.

Cheers :clap:

Cost me about $65 to fill up the tank every fortnight because I can only drive 20kms a day.

Lately I've been driving sis-in-laws company car - ford focus zetec 2.0 so petrols been free on weekends. The ford focus is crap in comparision to the corolla. The only thing good about it is the firmer suspension from factory, but at 6000rpm it has bugger all power.

OK GUYS

u know the DRILL

HOW MUCH PETROL DO YOU PUT IN PER WEEK !!

i do around 60 at 1.32 ish

thanks guys being curious again

anthony

i spend about $50 a week using Caltex 95, clocking in about 550km a week on my manual ascent . Thats about 42-45l of petrol.

i find my fuel consumption to be bit stuffed up after reading some thread about fuel consmption..

i average around 8.4L to 8.9L/100km opposed to toyota's 7.5L figure lol

but yeh i usually pour around 50 bucks @ ~1.20 and that would last me around 500km..

depending sometimes it means a week sometimes it means 10 days :P

Well i've only filled up once in the last month & even then it was only about $40 or so for a bit over half a tank.

50,000k's & 3 years down the track i'm still averaging ~ 7l/100k's give or take a little depending on where I drive which hasn't been very far lately ;)