Fuel Consumption

The way things are going, with the above prices (136.5c per litre), theorectically a tank (60ltr) will cost to fill $81.90 WTF!

This thread is not to b1tch about the type of fuel and which is best, but more that it may cost $100+ soon to fill up if petrol hits 166.0c+ per litre. Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....

Hybrid, Dedicated Gas or Diesel, here I come.

I paid 145.9c/L for 100RON last time. :o

whats vortex gold???is it vortex 98?????????

I think it's 95. Can't find much info on it, I think the colours have been phased out for 95 and 98

Where did you see Gold? were there other vortex pumps around? I always forget whether Vortex is 98 or 95 so i look for a pump with both types of vortex.

I think it's 95. Can't find much info on it, I think the colours have been phased out for 95 and 98

Where did you see Gold? were there other vortex pumps around? I always forget whether Vortex is 98 or 95 so i look for a pump with both types of vortex.

i saw it in docaster melbourne and i hardly can find the 98 vortex, no there wasnt any other vortex

Running overly rich, like I was, is bad for your catalytic converter (thing that reduces bad stuff in exhaust gases). It also causes fuel consumption to increase, kills your spark plugs quicker, not to mention my car backfired more often :lol: . I have a dyno run in my garage of my whip running rich. If you have a turbo car its just safer to run rich, but in general running rich is always better than lean. An Air-fuel ratio of around low 13's (13 parts air to 1 part fuel) to high 12's is ideal for the Sportivo, somthing closer to 11 might suit a turbo better. I'm sure a yahoo search would turn up better explainations.

hmmmmz, have a read of your post and im feeling a bit concerned now.

I did go thru a period where a did fill my car to the brim (hey i didnt know better) - i did that for about 4-5 months, and i have noticed that my fuel consumption has increased (well i just put it to crap fuel even though i was filling up BP Ultimate the whole time).

Im barely hitting 300km's on half tank, and i usually fill up @ 3/4 tank ~ 450km's (and this is with me driving on freeways @ 90km, and slow acceleration <2200rpm), i reckon im average 8L/100km with minimal acceleration.

When i do decide to gun it a bit more, im guessing im on 9L/100km =(

Since ive done this, what can i do to reverse the effects to get my fuel consumption back to the way it was?

My car is due for its 50,000km service in <1month, is there anything i should get Toyota to do?

At present the only thing that aint Toyota in my car is a K&N Air filter

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2252

Edited by neK

i saw it in docaster melbourne and i hardly can find the 98 vortex, no there wasnt any other vortex

Vortex Gold/Ampol Gold is what Vortex 95 used to be known as. probably just old stickers at the petrol station.

Vortex 98 is not available everywhere, but it is labelled with silver so u can tell the difference between it and 95 octane Vortex

Running overly rich, like I was, is bad for your catalytic converter (thing that reduces bad stuff in exhaust gases). It also causes fuel consumption to increase, kills your spark plugs quicker, not to mention my car backfired more often :lol: . I have a dyno run in my garage of my whip running rich. If you have a turbo car its just safer to run rich, but in general running rich is always better than lean. An Air-fuel ratio of around low 13's (13 parts air to 1 part fuel) to high 12's is ideal for the Sportivo, somthing closer to 11 might suit a turbo better. I'm sure a yahoo search would turn up better explainations.

hmmmmz, have a read of your post and im feeling a bit concerned now.

I did go thru a period where a did fill my car to the brim (hey i didnt know better) - i did that for about 4-5 months, and i have noticed that my fuel consumption has increased (well i just put it to crap fuel even though i was filling up BP Ultimate the whole time).

Im barely hitting 300km's on half tank, and i usually fill up @ 3/4 tank ~ 450km's (and this is with me driving on freeways @ 90km, and slow acceleration <2200rpm), i reckon im average 8L/100km with minimal acceleration.

When i do decide to gun it a bit more, im guessing im on 9L/100km =(

Since ive done this, what can i do to reverse the effects to get my fuel consumption back to the way it was?

My car is due for its 50,000km service in <1month, is there anything i should get Toyota to do?

At present the only thing that aint Toyota in my car is a K&N Air filter

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2252

So can anyone offer me ANY advice?

• 2 months later...

I own a 03 sportivo and fill up with vortex98ron always fill up until the pump trigger clicks and i get 600kms max (this is before the fuel light shows), i previously filled up with synenergy8000 (98ron) and got the same ks out of a full tank. I drive 65+ks everyday during peak hours (morning 7-8am and night 5-6pm) generally 3000 to 4000 take offs and shifts but more so 3000rpms, rarely hit lift anymore as i really can't when it's pretty much bumpper to bumper driving.

not sure how good this is compared to everyone else, guess i would like to always have more kms out of a full tank though.

Project El Cheapo: 1zzefe Conquest manual

STivo Muffler, lowered & CAI

40 odd litres gets me arounds 520kms - that's when fuel light is going OFF and in my mind i'm thinking i'll run out of fuel anytime >_<;; but the bowser says i've filled up to 38 odd litres!! - i dunno how u other 1zzefe's can get 600 :huh: - mixed driving for me arounds 60odd k's a day

I dont know how much I get out of a whole tank cuz I always fill up on Tuesday but I worked it wout I average around 7L per 100KM, mostly M4 motoway driving to and from work.

• 2 months later...

Old thread revival!

Just filld up and got 865km from 57L giving me 6.59L/100km (42.8 MPG for the old skool). I could have cracked the 900km mark :o . Driving was about 60% highway, 40% city on Optimax Extreme and yes I did use lift on occassion, otherwise I shifted at 3000rpm.

I bet this is nothing new to the 1ZZ owners.

Just filld up and got 865km from 57L giving me 6.59L/100km (42.8 MPG for the old skool).
:o :o :o :o

OH My GAWD... i have never gotten anywhere near that figure.

Maybe something is wrong with mine :(

i get about 550 to 600 and i dont have a lead foot.

Is there something that i could do to improve this figure, and yes i know drive more like a grand pa :P but I think when i first got the car i got better fuel comsumption then than now.

how do all you get more then 700km per tank ...bfore fuel lite

i get around 550km a tank

usually bp ultimate or mobil ... woudlnt touch caltex to be honest

but i guess im hittin lift too much and no mods yet to the car

onlyhad it for a month and a bit

Im finding my fuel isnt lasting anywhere as long as it use to.

Previously i would be on about 400km on 3/4 tank, now im 320km on 3/4 tank. (And this does differ depending on which servo i go to).

Is there something wrong with my car???

Oh and its just a regular conquest, and being auto it shifts usually about 2500rpm.

In my 1zz - with mods (including ECU - wasnt tuned for economy :P) average 7-8L per 100km with "assorted" driving styles. Restricted to BP Ultimate only, its the good stuff.

prior to any mods i got between 6.5-7.5L per 100km using random fuels and grandpa driving (not worth smashing a stock 1zz, it doesnt really go anywhere :lol: )

Edited by Mintos

420km just as the light comes on...Not really city driving as well...mixed city/highway

20km difference whether i drive it hard or slow...my mechanic couldn't find anything wrong.

Getting approx 11L/100km

Automatic Corolla with no mods, done about 76000Km.

With CAI...320km....

I'm getting rid of it after i fix it up

Cheers

420km just as the light comes on...Not really city driving as well...mixed city/highway

20km difference whether i drive it hard or slow...my mechanic couldn't find anything wrong.

Getting approx 11L/100km

Automatic Corolla with no mods, done about 76000Km.

With CAI...320km....

I'm getting rid of it after i fix it up

Cheers

WTF . I get 10L/10k in a auto camry with CAI???

Shell optimax

814km's

50l

not my av, but my best out of a tank.

Old thread revival!

Just filld up and got 865km from 57L giving me 6.59L/100km (42.8 MPG for the old skool). I could have cracked the 900km mark :o . Driving was about 60% highway, 40% city on Optimax Extreme and yes I did use lift on occassion, otherwise I shifted at 3000rpm.

I bet this is nothing new to the 1ZZ owners.

U guys r crazy!! Wat's wrong wit me!!

My ride: Stock-as 05 Stivo...

BP Ultimate - 550Km max!! wit no lift n 2000rpm shiftin...n acceleratin like a granny!! >_<

WTf is wrong wit my car? or is it me?

I don't do Shell optmax or extreme cause....they never give me more than 500Kms.

Help me pls!!! >_<

Hi guys,

My car uses petrol. Is there anyway of stopping this?

Cheers.

Have you tried diesel?

U guys r crazy!! Wat's wrong wit me!!

My ride: Stock-as 05 Stivo...

BP Ultimate - 550Km max!! wit no lift n 2000rpm shiftin...n acceleratin like a granny!! >_<

WTf is wrong wit my car? or is it me?

I don't do Shell optmax or extreme cause....they never give me more than 500Kms.

Help me pls!!! >_<

I do lots of other stuff to increase milage. Don't use the brakes, just roll down to the speed limit. Requires some planning so you know the rough distance it takes to wash off the speed. I don't sit idle for long and it is acceleration that kills economy the most. So take highways when you can and maintain speed.

Other ways to improve are to be a student with no money :P

I might just have a lucky sportivo (for economy) since my dad's 05 isn't as good as mine. Guess thats the trade off for more mid range torque.

But my car will become sicky wicky if put diesel in it won't it? :lol:

I'm going to make a flintstone corolla.

The way things are going, with the above prices (136.5c per litre), theorectically a tank (60ltr) will cost to fill $81.90 WTF!

This thread is not to b1tch about the type of fuel and which is best, but more that it may cost $100+ soon to fill up if petrol hits 166.0c+ per litre. Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....

Hybrid, Dedicated Gas or Diesel, here I come.

I paid 145.9c/L for 100RON last time. :o

100RON? You were using that Optimax Extreme crap weren't you? That aint going near my car lol. Optimax isn't even pre-blended in the factory. It's just an additive. Plus extreme has ethanol in it. That crap can stay out of my car.