Fuel Consumption

last week i was shocked, i got up to 592.7km out of a tank and the fuel light still hadnt come on, i filled up with 50.13L Mobil 8000 which means that my fuel economy was 8.4579L/100km mainly highway driving (60km to work everryday...)

i usually never get over 550km without the fuel light coming on, i must hit lift too often...

Sweet holy crap!

The best i've ever gotten is 11.24 L per 100! On that new 100RON stuff

thats firggin terrible!

Mine's an auto with a stivo exhuast and SRI.

Is this normal?

How hard are you driving it?

We just did a trip to Childers and back, plus a couple of days city driving, and managed 7.2l/100km ... just missed my previous best by 0.1l :(

I always use Mobil Premium Unleaded 98..

I might drive past 30 servo's until i find a Mobil :D

But i have managed to get 590 km out of a tank with freeway driving...

I average around 540km per tank....driving in traffic on the M4 everyday....

and using lift as many times as i can use it..... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just hit 2000kms in my stivo & I've filled up 4 times, so an average of 500kms per tank. Thats usually from full to the brim until the empty light is about to come on.

I rarely use the air con & drive it approx 40kms per day in varying modes from sedately to hitting lift in 1st & 2nd depending upon my mood (and the music playing) at the time.

Tim

OMG

The best I've done is like 510 km and at that time I must have been driving on fumes just before I filled her up. Usualy I just barely get 450 a tank. So a bit more than 10l/100km seems to be my fuel 'economy'.

Mostly urban driving and well, there ain't no mile I drive without hitting lift or at least flooring the pedal :D

its the petrol your using... usually premium unleaded or higher 98ron+ etc... will give you shocking fuel economy thats what i have learned.

i get on average 520km with bp ultimate (nearly 45L tank) *yellow fuel light going on*

however just before christmas i was being cheap and put some 95 ron regular unleaded in and what do you know.... 735ish km O.O

but the car always felt slugish and low response -_- im never going back to regular

last week i was shocked, i got up to 592.7km out of a tank and the fuel light still hadnt come on, i filled up with 50.13L Mobil 8000 which means that my fuel economy was 8.4579L/100km mainly highway driving (60km to work everryday...)

i usually never get over 550km without the fuel light coming on, i must hit lift too often...

How big is the sportivo fuel tank??50L of fuel..ur light should've came on ages ago..

its the petrol your using... usually premium unleaded or higher 98ron+ etc... will give you shocking fuel economy thats what i have learned.

i get on average 520km with bp ultimate (nearly 45L tank) *yellow fuel light going on*

however just before christmas i was being cheap and put some 95 ron regular unleaded in and what do you know.... 735ish km O.O

but the car always felt slugish and low response -_- im never going back to regular

I think it depends on the individual car ... I generally get around 10% better economy on Ultimate than on 91 RON, although I've never tried 95 RON.

lower ron seems to work better for my car so i use regular unleaded shell. i am getting about 8.7 litres per 100 km in auto sedan.

i got 676km outta my tank lastnight....

i refilled with synergy 8000- mobil, got 56L... bloody expensive lately though~! $1.28/l

i clocked how many km's id get when the fuel light come on, it was 105km's when i refilled... so if i kept going wouldve done well :) but im too scared to konk out on the road, lol.'

Too may variables affect fuel consumption but i had a shock last month when i went back to BP Ultimate after 5 months of Caltex Vortex98 and i got 550km, down from an average 600+ kms when i was on Caltex. I use the same engine oil all the time and drive on the same roads with very similar driving style. I am guessing it could be the ECU making the car run richer due to a different fuel after so long on Vortex98, hence poorer economy for the 1st tank. But i have stopped being so picky with my fuel due to pricing and availability. When i am low i just drop into BP, Caltex or Shell (last option due to horror stories always being told about Optimax). Caltex and Mobil's 98RON are usually more expensive, Mobil's Synergy 8000 is way too expensive and i can't find any Mobils down where i live anyway so don't use them.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Stangely here in Belgium we do not have that kind of choise in fuels. Every brand just caries 2 types, 95 ron and 98 ron. I always fuel up with 95 but from a premium brand, no sucky no name fuels. 95% of the time its ESSO and sometimes Shell. And even that costs about 1.2€ !!!! a liter !!!!!

My tank seems to be smaller since I never could tank more than 48 liters (and that was after driving a almost dangerous time with the warning light on).

Ow, and I do run on pretty wide rubber, 215 ... Thats not helping either ofcourse.

Anyway, my Tsport Yaris with the 1.5 VVTi engine consumes about 8 liters/ 100 so i'm not complaining, 2 liters of consumption more for about 90 horses and 300 cc's more. Thats a pretty good deal :D