Fuel Consumption

is the shell extreme any good?? is it good for the engine??

Optimax extreme is the stuff sportivo's love to drink and go fast. My car performs so much better but it does use a bit more of it than other Premium unleadeds.

I got 709km's from near enough to a tank of vortex 98(not really my choice of fuel but real close to home and convienent for the wife). It included some freeway driving, city/peak hour driving, a spirited drive up in the mountains on a thursday night and some general commuting.

Has anyone try BP untimate?

Should give it a try. The car go alot smoother and i get more ks out of it.

From memory, I think of the various fuels, Ultimate is the favourite on this forum ... there was quite an uproar when it disappeared from southern-state servos before Christmas! :o

on friday i let my car run right to the end.. i was practically about to run out of fuel on the road but made it to the fuel station in time.. filled up with mobil synergy , paid 82.14 odd dollars for 60.89L... thats how bad i let it run out... and it was expensive that dayy!!

But i got bout 730 odd kms out of it... from memory

on friday i let my car run right to the end.. i was practically about to run out of fuel on the road but made it to the fuel station in time.. filled up with mobil synergy , paid 82.14 odd dollars for 60.89L... thats how bad i let it run out... and it was expensive that dayy!!

Thats excellent!

Thats excellent!

That does seem to be a good figure for a Sportivo ... I thought they'd be much more economical than everyone is saying, and I certainly didn't think I'd be getting better from my auto wagon, but there you go!

Must be the ... hmmm ... "assertive" manner in which most Stivo owners drive, huh? ;)

far 730 is heaps.. when do u normally change gears? 2000rpm? hehe

any lift included?

I average 7.8L to 8L with mixed driving, the worse I got was 9.2L while my car was running rich. I hit lift fairly often, not to be confused with every gear change :P , and run on Optimax Extreme. Most shifts are done at 5000rpm, but if that means I go over the speed limit then I don't go to 5000rpm (just to cover any smart ****s :P )

it was mixed driving, i do alot of highway driving.. so approx 100k's a day but there was quite alot of lifting involved... how can i resist?? :D my car usually does well with fuel... optimax has a opposite effect for me.. max ill probably get from it is 650mark...

can someone explain what they mean when u say " running rich"... and is it good/bad for the car.. im only female dont understand too much about it he he

basically over fuelling! A sign i black around the exhaust tip.

Running lean is when there isnot enough fuel going into the motor.

Edited by CORZZA

it was mixed driving, i do alot of highway driving.. so approx 100k's a day but there was quite alot of lifting involved... how can i resist?? :D my car usually does well with fuel... optimax has a opposite effect for me.. max ill probably get from it is 650mark...

can someone explain what they mean when u say " running rich"... and is it good/bad for the car.. im only female dont understand too much about it he he

cars run by mixing air and fuel in a certain ratio which the computer decides for the car, if there is too much fuel coming in for the amount of air coming in the car is running rich, if there is not enough fuel the car is running lean

Edited by micky_tee

Running overly rich, like I was, is bad for your catalytic converter (thing that reduces bad stuff in exhaust gases). It also causes fuel consumption to increase, kills your spark plugs quicker, not to mention my car backfired more often :lol: . I have a dyno run in my garage of my whip running rich. If you have a turbo car its just safer to run rich, but in general running rich is always better than lean. An Air-fuel ratio of around low 13's (13 parts air to 1 part fuel) to high 12's is ideal for the Sportivo, somthing closer to 11 might suit a turbo better. I'm sure a yahoo search would turn up better explainations.

Well, 730km for 60L works out to be around 8.2L/100km so it's not the greatest fuel consumption figure I've seen on Sportivo. I usually refuel before the fuel light comes on at the latest, but the best figure I got was 7.8L/100km, which means I would have travelled 769km with 60L of fuel.

BTW, it's not such a good idea to drive your car until your fuel tank is almost empty.

Edited by coladuna

Well, 730km for 60L works out to be around 8.2L/100km so it's not the greatest fuel consumption figure I've seen on Sportivo. I usually refuel before the fuel light comes on at the latest, but the best figure I got was 7.8L/100km, which means I would have travelled 769km with 60L of fuel.

BTW, it's not such a good idea to drive your car until your fuel tank is almost empty.

you guys clocking over 700ks from full tank without fuel light coming on is just pure lucky .. u guys got the good batch of rollas..

i copped the bad batch that had the gear problems

you guys clocking over 700ks from full tank without fuel light coming on is just pure lucky .. u guys got the good batch of rollas..

i copped the bad batch that had the gear problems

Dont worry... my average fuel consumption is 12L/100Ks :)

although i am a regular visitor to the Lift zone :)

• 3 weeks later...