Injen Cold Air Intake System

Hey everyone.. Just thought id share my thought on my Injen CAI system..

I bought it off US Ebay on a friday from IND Koncept and was at my door on monday morning.. Nice and quick..

Cost was $350 Including an Injen Pod that fits perfectly behind the foglight

I bought it after reading nothing but possitive reviews about it.. been the most widely used CAI for our cars..

and also pulling the highest Figures in MELBOURNE climates at dyno days..

I dont have figures on hand.. but after a race last month against a friends R34 GTR and i was pulling away in 6th

The Injen Fits perfectly and doesnt move around at all.. Overall quality is second to none..

And the SOUND... OMG im in heaven

It also has a much better throttle body connection using a smaller firmer Rubber ring to connect

as seen here:

injen.JPG

Which i think is much better than others with the Huge soft rubber elbow that is prone to splitting

as seen on others here:

other.JPG

I personally had to remove Teknomans after the huge rubber elbow split at the throttle body :o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a quick note on the CES intake that you are refering to without even seeing the product, the rubber bend is bout 4mm think so its not going to slpit, so you might want to keep posts factual in the future :P

I never mentioned the CES intake...

That was simply a picture of a random brand that i had on hand

Im sure the CES is of high quality

and i admit my post wasnt factual..

I didnt pull away from the R34 GTR.. we were dead even

Edited by MotoMan

motoman u crack me up :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats the best review i've ever heard, in fact now i'm off to ebay to buy one just from your recommendations! thanku for all your help!!! :P :P :P

Rude Picture Removed

hahah joke guys :P

Why would you insert that into a serious conversation about Corolla Performance Parts?

thats just rude and unnecessary <_<

Edited by MotoMan

DAMN that's a good price! So you think I can keep up with a Sportivo if I chuck this Injen into my Levin?

If the Sportivo doesnt have an Injen you will have a chance..

but if it has an Injen as well.. you wont be able to keep up with it.. no matter how fast your car is

Ill start somthing as well

Ive been told AEM and INjen are much the same. They are the same price?? Anyone knwo any major differences physicaly?

AEM are good as well.. no dodgy rubber elbows.. Egenes car has an AEM and it pulled some nice figures too..

not quite an Injen performance.. but good none the less

Pulling away from a GTR, yeah right. let us know how you go when you race your "mates" Ferrari :P

I have raced a Ferrari and was beaten by about 47 car lengths. I think with the Injen CAI, I can maybe pull about 2 back with an N -> D launch. I reckon that's worth the money.

a point to add is that E-Genes AEM CAI was designed for the 1ZZ corollas (or manybe even the 1NZ) in Singapore and Thailand... I've not compared my AEM (the genuine 2ZZ version) to an injen but the figures speak for themselves...

kW increase from 115.0 - 119.8

at the track it ran 15.2 and then 14.8 after the CES exhaust was added...

I'd say the AEM and Injen figures would be pretty close.

a point to add is that E-Genes AEM CAI was designed for the 1ZZ corollas (or manybe even the 1NZ) in Singapore and Thailand... I've not compared my AEM (the genuine 2ZZ version) to an injen but the figures speak for themselves...

kW increase from 115.0 - 119.8

at the track it ran 15.2 and then 14.8 after the CES exhaust was added...

I'd say the AEM and Injen figures would be pretty close.

Oh no u said the C word :P

For those members here who are trying their hardest to stir up trouble(and don't try and play dumb cause you know who you are) walk a very fine line as a few members have already had their warning levels adjusted for posting provocative comments to start or continue an arguement or for personal attacks on another member.

It won't be tolerated in any way:(

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.....

CES!!! RARARARAR!!! CES!!!

Hahaha, just kidding,

i've looked at both injen and AEM upclose (close enough to sniff) and reakon they're almost the same

expect the injen seems to have a shinier coating (if u get the colored ones) (those that know me knoe that this a very important to me... the shinyness of a mod :P)

Bang for buck, just go with the cheaper one or the one that is the most easily obtained.

Dont worry Dylan, we will get Pippy out of retirement ad steal his AEM for the day ;)

(waits for pippy to see thread :lol: )