?where is the sportivo

Hey guys just a funny thing if you go to toyotas website they have taken all trace of the toyota sportivo of the site. no ad's no way of pricing it. we emailed toyota australia to see what was up and the reply we got was "contact your local dealer".....does this sound suss to anyway else or do you just think they are making way for the 2005 model??

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an issue with the Sportivo in relation to ADR that is why it is not on the web or being marketed. I am not sure what it is, but from what I understand the car has been withdrawn from sale at the moment till they can rectify the issue.

ADR (Australian Design Rules if I remember right) are a massive bunch of rules, regulations and standards manufacturers must comply with & pass to sell in this country. They range from safety through to noise regulations.

It is ADR testing that stops Australia from getting a lot of the really good stuff because it costs a lot of money to go through ADR testing, therefore making the more niche/lower volume stuff financially not viable.

Toyota could face very large fines if the situation is not rectified. We could all be facing a recall on our vehicles if this is correct.

I have to deal with these rules all day & everyday in a lot of the stuff I design. A royal Pain in the behind. :angry::angry::angry:

There are a few things floating around depending on who you talk to in the big family that is toyota.

Ranging from rattles, noise to body parts no being attached properly.

The best thing is to sit and wait untill toyota let us know what this ADR non-safety issue is.

There is no point in speculating either really as it all could lead us down the wrong path.

Check it out guys. The Updated Corolla is now on the Toyota Oz website. Not much pics though and it seems they only updated the front bumper and not the rear. There is also a statement saying the Sportivo will not be on sale until further notice.

Cheers,

Zee

Went to Cannon Toyota and spoke to some guys i know

there are 2 facelifts specs to it

1. The front lights

2. Rear tail lights - basically the same as our except two little round casings for the indicator and reverse light.

I wasnt a huge fan, and im still not convienced. It just didnt look tough, just looked like the bigger brother of the echo with a 100kw engine in it

There are no modifications inside expect for a stereo speaker upgrade - they now have tweeters.

They are only releasing the hatchback at this stage and the sedan later on. There are no plans for the sportivo will not be avaliable for sale until late August when they fix up its problems, which doesnt look like ne time soon.

In closing the new corolla does look good, but i have to agree ( even though i have a little bias) our sportivos and corollas given the right mods do look a little more chunky and tougher.

Make sure u boys head down to your dealer and show off your cars and see the new rolla, just u wait they will be popping up all over the place, but u know what i all for the old sckool 141kw beast that i have , not this new kid on the block supped up echo looking corolla :D

that would make some sense. she feels so sluggish some days, and so quick some days, i assumed it was just her moods *pats his sophs*.

does that mean our cars will be recalled? i hope so, i just want my car feeling consistent all the time.

the airbox at this stage

it isnt working properly

the kw output on some cars is below 141kw

so they have recalled until least August

Serious??? Where did you hear that from? Our airbox is making us lose power? I will be damn pis$ed if my Stivo is such as i already have shifting problems :angry: I will be waiting for the letter before i give the Toyota blokes HELL!

just get a CAI :lol: anyways this is pretty serious. These problems..do they relate to the ****ey gearbox? I have had problems with it from day one and willingly abuse it so hopefully it craps itself so i get a new one. having owned my sportivo for over a year now i have found it to be very temperamental...just like a women hey.

I'll ask my friend about the sportivo, he works in Engineering R & D at Toyota Australia - So the lucky dog get's to fang all the new yet to be released models all day long and calls that a job :D

He has said previously they have had problems.

I'll let you guys know soon ;)

just get a CAI :lol: anyways this is pretty serious. These problems..do they relate to the ****ey gearbox? I have had problems with it from day one and willingly abuse it so hopefully it craps itself so i get a new one. having owned my sportivo for over a year now i have found it to be very temperamental...just like a women hey.

Soory guys for being off topic ;) But regarding the recall and problems, a CAI would definitely solve the problem and is on my list of mods but Toyota will also not hesitate to void warranty if anything goes wrong. Hopefully there will be a recall for the airbox to fix the problem if there really is a problem with it. But just by looking at the setup, it ain't very good ;) I have also recently dicovered that by revving the Stivo to the rev limiter, the shifter lightens up and i am able to shift quickly and freely. Just have to let the limiter bounce once then you should be able to shift quickly :blink:

Just spoke 2 toyota asking about whats going on.

They werent prepared to reveal any more than the fact that due to an investigation by ADR toyota has decided to not sell the car at the moment.

They indicated it was nothing related to the car coming out of the factory. And that is all the information they can give me at the moment until they know more.

So thats the ""offical"" word.

the airbox at this stage

it isnt working properly

the kw output on some cars is below 141kw

so they have recalled until least August

TRD_141 r u saying that they wont be re-selling the car until August ? or are u saying cars made last year until August are being re-called ?

Cheers

Bill

anyone have any idea about the straight line speed of the new stivo?

im hoping its a less aggressive and a tad slower than our current stivos :rolleyes: , like what happened with the dc2r and newer dc5r.