Lights

Corey just go "HID"!!!! :D I wasted that much money on crappy aftermarket bulbs that only last minimum of 3months and are never really that good!!! I also had a "PHILLIPS-BLUE VISION KIT" HI-beam,LO-beam and parkers and it was absolute SH!7!! Took it straight back to where i bought it my stock lights were brighter!!!

Since i have HID in my car i would NEVER go back to normal bulbs EVER!!!!!! :D

hey Sunny, remember on our way to NASHO run last weekend I let you pass me??

coz I had enough to your HIDs....

KEKEKEKEKKEEEeeee.....Arnt they great Dennis!!! :lol: You know you have a good HID kit when you can feel the retinas in your eyes starting to BURN!!!!!! :P :P :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey just go "HID"!!!! :D I wasted that much money on crappy aftermarket bulbs that only last minimum of 3months and are never really that good!!! I also had a "PHILLIPS-BLUE VISION KIT" HI-beam,LO-beam and parkers and it was absolute SH!7!! Took it straight back to where i bought it my stock lights were brighter!!!

Since i have HID in my car i would NEVER go back to normal bulbs EVER!!!!!! :D

hey Sunny, remember on our way to NASHO run last weekend I let you pass me??

coz I had enough to your HIDs....

KEKEKEKEKKEEEeeee.....Arnt they great Dennis!!! :lol: You know you have a good HID kit when you can feel the retinas in your eyes starting to BURN!!!!!! :P :P :lol:

Tangla is selling BJ unions for $65

and HID bj union for rougly $400

give him a Pm or search this buy/sell section

HID r too expensive....

well it only cost around...2xx AU in here... but i dont know which brands are good and i dunno how to install... so id rather stick with the bulb!!!

anyway... any other brands?? r there many fake philips around? i dun wanna be cheated!!!!

HID r too expensive....

well it only cost around...2xx AU in here... but i dont know which brands are good and i dunno how to install... so id rather stick with the bulb!!!

anyway... any other brands?? r there many fake philips around? i dun wanna be cheated!!!!

Well if you do get one i can get 1 of 2 of my mates that are Auto electricians to install the kit for you they normally charge between $80-150(MAX) for a kit.......

With no warranty though!!

lol!!!

nar... after back from the holiday.... i'll be damn broke!!!!

i just wanna try those normal globes for now...

anyway.. just a question..... if i buy a HID kit... do i have to buy some different globes??

yer HID uses diff globes im pretty sure .. think ur kit would come with a set

HID kits are very very very easy to install, kits come with a special HID bulb which goes where ur normal bulb lives (just press the wire sping thingy that holds it in place.) and then plug the bulb into the provided ballast and plug the ballast into the stock plug for the bulb... done.

All in all takes 20 min even if u are being very very slow and careful.

there, u've just saved 80-150...

i want to get some of those white lights for my HI/Low beams are they just standard globes? or are there different ones for different cars?

OMG! Northy was a noob once too! :P

Just kidding, but it goes to show how this forum will take a noob and slowly educate them into crazy modders (Power FC anyone? :lol: ) .

• 7 months later...

One of my normal beams has blown, so im looking to replace it.... driving with 1 working low beam at the moment, and its annoying me.

What do you guys recommend as a replacement? Im not looking at spending stupid amounts on HID's, so just the bulb will do.

Are there any recommendations on what to get?

Im prepared to pay more if the bulb is a high quality long lasting one.

Also my lightbulb is covered under warranty right? So i should be able to get it changed for free as an alternative right?

57 bux for narva plus 50s is about right if they are the H7 globes. I waited till repco had a 20% off store wide sale when I got mine. :yahoo:

wish the rolla took H4 globes as they are so much cheaper

I use narva 50+ as well. Excellent bulbs in my opinion - so much brighter than the factory stock globes and all legal as well. With these bulbs there is no need to turn on the foggies at night.

I paid $59.95 for mine at repco.

One of my high beam bulbs also blew at the same time. Went to toyota to buy it and it cost $30 each.

i must say, im pretty impressed with these narva plus 50's.

There use to be a substantial difference between my low and high beams, but its minimal now. These Plus 50's really shine pretty far. Hopefully they dont annoy anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

:help: LOL

I've got the face lift Sportivo if this makes a difference...

So would it be fair to say, narva plus 50's are the way to go if you just wanna replace the stock bulbs? if not what else is really good and legal that gives you more lights/better quality light with the same or less heat under $100 mark for the fronts?

I'm also looking at replacing my reverse lights with something a little brighter if possible (very dark drivway at home and hard to see at times). Again something not expensive, same or less heat but brights and good quality.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Fudge/Jon

Edited by fudgebottom

with a sportivo as fierce and as hot as urs..save up for HIDs..it'll make ur ride look realli good at night... :D

i want to get some of those white lights for my HI/Low beams are they just standard globes? or are there different ones for different cars?

What you guy's think about diamond visions. Friend plugged em' in on his 350z and they look pretty cool. Any downsides? Also he said if the bulb is open, as in theres no projector or cover over the bulb inside the front lights. It makes it look more better, and more blue..

I'm thinking about getting a set from Autobarn..

What you guy's think about diamond visions. Friend plugged em' in on his 350z and they look pretty cool. Any downsides? Also he said if the bulb is open, as in theres no projector or cover over the bulb inside the front lights. It makes it look more better, and more blue..

FYI - diamond visions arn't street legal , they are for "show only" ... but neither are HID aftermarkets so *meh* :whistling:

FYI - diamond visions arn't street legal , they are for "show only" ... but neither are HID aftermarkets so *meh* :whistling:

lights look like crap without projectors.. no perfect cut off line, no wide angle.. wish someone made projectors for the stivo..

Legal:

Narva +50

Narva Arctic Vision

Philips 50+

Philips Blue Vision.

All ADR compliant and will increase visibility over stock.

Non-Legal:

Philips Diamond Vision

Philips Crystal Vision

These make a pretty blue or purple light, but aren't ADR compliant and have less visibility than those above. Beware that most Autobarn outlets will recommend the Crystal/Diamond Visions.

Hey guys,

I've read the posts and am more confused than before I started. If I wanted to buy new globes to give my baby white lights that are going to last a decent length of time, what do I buy? Muchas gracias!

P.S. the baby = 2005 black levin

Just stick with phillips bluevision or narvas as both are legal. Had a pair of phillips in dads pulsar for over 2 years and one just recently blew. They are good lights, I dont understand why everyone says they are crap. You usually get them with parkers as well in a package.

HIDs are nice but only with projectors, without them the light just disperses unevenly and you basically blind people on the road. But I want a set just for the rice factor haha

Edited by JAZE55