Personalised plates....

Hiya,

I suppose this would be better as a pole, but here goes...

Are personalised plates pretentious?

I admit I have them, but I just want all those *^#@%%^ to know they've just been beaten by a girl... :spiteful:

What's the general opinion though????

Jen

I have PPs. but am reluctant to put them on my rolla.

Reason being that I had them on a 96 Lancer GLXi, and it got broken in to no less than 4 times with the plates on, but not a single time without them.

You also have to live with the fact that if you annoy someone (purposely or otherwise), that they will forever know your plates and thus car. You stand a good chance of getting away with shenanigans with regular plates.

Mind you, my plates did read "Defiant1"!!! :toast: FTW.

I think they are the perfect finishing touch for a nice car.

Nothing worse than a beautiful, unique car with the same plates as every other stock piece of crap on the road.

Pretentious? Only when its like 12ENV (one to envy) on a lancer with rims and a cannon . . . . . .

they should introduce a law that stops certain plates from going on certain cars. Like 14SHW (one for show) plates on a stock commodore ute that I know of. Please that is what annoys me <_<

Nothing pretentuous at all, it's just another personal touch that's all. Personally i would like to have a set, but I cant justify the cost for a piece of tin with my initials. :D

personalised plates are only good if they're personalised to your name, or to the model/make of your car... like TRD-### or ZZE-122...

those ghey NV-DIS style plates should be BANNED.

yeah agreeed be gone with u.

especially all the HOT-48U similiar ones like the one on a Sirion i know of.

Jen i have personalised plates as u will see on monday, but they are only initials and birthyear.

what do you have on your car?

personalised plates are only good if they're personalised to your name, or to the model/make of your car... like TRD-### or ZZE-122...

those ghey NV-DIS style plates should be BANNED.

yeah agreeed be gone with u.

especially all the HOT-48U similiar ones like the one on a Sirion i know of.

Jen i have personalised plates as u will see on monday, but they are only initials and birthyear.

what do you have on your car?

hmmmm.......so thats what u think of ours too????

we actually wanted to put that on the van as we have heaps of kids....but ended up putting it on the white car to match the red and white insides with the outside. it wasn't to say we are better then anyone else and not intended to offend. more just for the colour of the plates.

the plates on the van say YOGI which is marks nickname....as he looks like yogi bear. but i dont see anything wrong with that too.

hmmmm i don't see anything bad with plates but thats just me.

Would depend on whats written and what its displayed on .. some are ridiculious haha but you get that lol

I have personalised plates i like them :lol: too bad for the pricing though in nsw!!! <_<

ive had personalised plates and never had any dramas with them. i mean the cars never been broken into and no ones stalked me after i cut em off or anyhing.

mine arnt my initials not about my car.

at the end of the day i dont care either way if someone likes or dislikes my plates its upto me.

all this talk of certain plates should be banned is a joke.

who cares its a licence plate.

( not having a go at anyone just my personal opinion) :D

lol yeah them being banned was a joke from me...

obviously i dont think they should be banned, i just think people have them to say "my car is better than yours".. and thats a crap attitude to modifyng... and that makes me frown :(

i have personalised plate. i like them, dont care wat people say. plates say [HAT31T] hate it or love it, its just a statement. im not saying im better then you. take it whatever way you want. :P

Personalized plates are a great finishing touch and a great way to put your own uniqueness to her.

Pretentious, no way. Sometimes depends on the plate though and the type of car they drive. Just hate that in NSW you can buy the plates outright, you always need to pay the fee every year. <_<

Personalized plates FTW! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :P

I agree with most of the comments already made.

PPs should either be about the car itself (model, engine, a statement about the car etc) or about the owner (initials/DOB/a nickname).

PPs with silly, mispelt, dyslexic words are w@nky and unnecessary. Who really cares if you can spell h3c71k like an idiot?!! What I love seeing are plates that don't make any sense and it takes someone else to point out what they mean...

p.s. This is just my opinion and no offence to anyone who has a w@nky plate :P ... It is a personalised thing after all.

I dont mind personalised plates as long as theyre not a ridiculous slogan on a ridiculous car. i have Black personalised plates that just say RXD.###

ppl ask what it means and i just say it means my name Richard, where X represents the letters between R & D.

so everyone always know its me when they see me driving.

helps people remember your car, its a good way to be proud of your ride

i couldnt stand the poxy yellow nsw plates AH.##.TJ

and i the BLACK plates complement my CASCADE BLUE corolla with WHITE rims and DARK windows nicely!

PP plates rock! As someone mentioned, they are a great touch to make your car look special and unique. It doesn't bother me what they say as long as it's not offensive. Even offensive ones that get accepted at first are later recalled back anyway.

People can brag about themself as much as they want in anyway they wish to :P

MRVVTI are my plates, thx Sp33dy :D

Although I wanted BIGBUM, but someone took them! :(

TRD-### or ZZE-122...

My mate used to own TRD-20V and it was a great finishing touch for his little twinky.

Love the ZZE-122. Who owns that? I've seen something similar on a silver corolla sedan. I remember seeing a 122 on the plate and thought it was cool.

I love it when your plates are specific to your model/engine and only other enthusiasts with a similar car knows what your plates mean... It's like a silent nod of approval :clap: