Commodores with chevy badges !!??

Defyant

Now that i'm back to couriering again im seeing alotta things thru the day and one of them seems to be a stronger fad.

Can some one pls enlighten me as to why ppl go out and buy a current holden commodore and stick an chevy badge on it?

Is there any actuall chevy part to holden nowadays? a bolt? i lightbulb? a fanbelt? have i got it all wrong or are the owners cluless tools?

Now that i'm back to couriering again im seeing alotta things thru the day and one of them seems to be a stronger fad.

Can some one pls enlighten me as to why ppl go out and buy a current holden commodore and stick an chevy badge on it?

Is there any actuall chevy part to holden nowadays? a bolt? i lightbulb? a fanbelt? have i got it all wrong or are the owners cluless tools?

That is HSV badge, I asked the same question before..

Holden Cruze is coming from Chevo Cruze, if you watch WTCC, you know what I mean

Also, the V8 is sourced from Chevo as well, I am not quite sure on this point

Today i saw a commodore ute with a massive white chev outline of the badge covering the entire rear window.

nothing special. just smoke em rob LOL :P

It's no worse than all of the guys with TRD badges that have no TRD gear on their cars or all of the mock sportivos etc cruising around..

That is HSV badge, I asked the same question before..

Holden Cruze is coming from Chevo Cruze, if you watch WTCC, you know what I mean

Also, the V8 is sourced from Chevo as well, I am not quite sure on this point

I'm sorry ben i still fail to see the connection of a Holden commodores with chevy emblems planted all over them. More to the point what are they trying to say buy putting these badges on thier cars.

I'm driving an american built and designed car? this car is faster than normal? Ive swapped my 20k engine to a 5k 307 chev? or i'm completley cluless and want to be part of something i know nothing about?

It's no worse than all of the guys with TRD badges that have no TRD gear on their cars or all of the mock sportivos etc cruising around..

Agree with you there, but i don't see as much of that. Infact in all my time of driving ive only seen maybe 2 or 3 times.

The chevy badge branding is everywhere i go.

I can't compare a mock sportivo to the chevy badge thing it's not the same imo. You are putting toyota body parts on a toyota designed to have those parts.

i think they just do it because the chevy badges look way better and the engines are made by Chevrolet, other than that i guess its just a bogan thing :D

The LS series of engines that are in the V8 models are made by Chevrolet, not to mention that Holden falls under the General Motors banner along with Chevrolet. But yeah I think it's pointless, but there is the connection. There are other models that people re-badge as well.

it's even worse when you have a vx commodore with an out of alignment wannabe clubsport bodykit fitted, chevy badges, southern cross stickers and a rip brocky decal...there's quite a few of those around, and it makes it dry retch every single time

I simply do not see the legitimate reason to exchange Holden badges for Chevrolet ones. It isn't a Chevrolet therefore it shouldn't be viewed or classified as one. In fact the current Commodores which this fashion carries look nothing like a product offered in America. It annoys me to see some try-hards out there attepmting to either impress or simply show off their so called Chev's when everything elses basically looks Holden. However, i do acknowledge that's it a product under the General Motors corperation. But General Motors have categorized different brands for different countries for a reason, for example it's Vauxhall in the UK, Holden here and Chevrolet in the US. It just doesn't seem right at all to do so.

to me its just like putting a runx, netz, harrier, vitz emblem its no big deal as long as they are closely/directly related and its something different on the road.

a trd, ///M, amg etc badge is different imo but dont know wat to make of this :D

http://www.lltek.com/PRS_bin/prs_120_caractere_tt_8j.htm

BOoBr.jpg

Yeah I have the same opinion on that one, just based on the fact they are sort of related. I was a strongly against people putting RED H's on their cars when they weren't a type R, but then I realised, the DC5 in aus isn't a true type R... So I don't mind anymore, as long as you don't go putting a M3 badge on a corolla or something like that?

LOL at the pic

As a Holden driver myself, I'm personally not a fan of the Chevrolet Badge on the Holdens.

And correct me if i am mistaken, but the V8's which are found in Series II VT Commodores onward, are actually General Motors engines, rather than Chevrolet motors, which is a common misconception. People have stuck the Chevrolet badges on their V8's as they may have thought it was a Chevrolet motor, but more often that not. you see those badges on V6 Holdens, which really is silly.

But at the end of the day, it is their car and they can do whatever they like to it, but it won't stop the rest of us from having a laugh :lol: .

As a Holden driver myself, I'm personally not a fan of the Chevrolet Badge on the Holdens.

And correct me if i am mistaken, but the V8's which are found in Series II VT Commodores onward, are actually General Motors engines, rather than Chevrolet motors, which is a common misconception. People have stuck the Chevrolet badges on their V8's as they may have thought it was a Chevrolet motor, but more often that not. you see those badges on V6 Holdens, which really is silly.

There is no such thing as a GM-badged car though - General Motors is an umbrella company which trades under sub-division brands such as Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Holden, Opel and Vauxhall. And the LS series of engines have predominently featured in Chevrolets (since Chev is GM's bread-and-butter range) especially the Corvette, hence the perception that it is a "Chev" engine. It is also a throwback to the Chevrolet Small-Block V8 which was a very common swap into old Holdens....well, _any_ Holden actually.

As for appearing on six-cylinder Commodores, the V6 ever since the VN has been every bit a GM (as opposed to Holden) engine. The 3.8L is a variant of the classic Buick V6 series which started back in the '60s (and has appeared across the GM North American range), and the current 3.6L engine is a global GM engine called the HFV6 which is used in everything from Holdens to Chevrolets to Cadillacs to Saabs to Alfas. They just happen to be made in Australia (amongst other places).

I've grown up all my life being a Holden boy ...My photo bucket pics are just a few.. I've done V8 LC swaps chevs into HQs HK,s HG,s , Ive stroked v8's .....in the privacy of my own garage!!!! I feel like ive done my penance when it comes to holdens.... Never once was it deemed cool or even ok to have slapped a Chevrolet badge one em, Maybe that's just an old school thing and Im showing my age. I even took the time to pop over to the local Holden. Forums the feeling is the same over there by the looks of the die hards.

So

no ones ganna go nuts at me when I slap Lexus ls badges and TRD badges all over my car ..... Shudders!