New Corolla - Released

Hello,

My Dad was speaking to the dealer yeterday who he bought the aurion off and he said he was going to a meeting tommorow on the new corolla, apprently are on the trucks right now.

My dads other mate who works in a car yard saw one on the back of a truck, he said the sedans appearence is very different.

My dads looking at getting one soon for our other car......he can't have a car more then 2 years <_<

I mean the corolla we own now has 20000kms and is 2 years old, we sold our 2 year old camry with 15,000kms...ohoh and how lucky the buyers are..

Anyone herd anymore info on these new corolla's?

Edited by Aurion

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys I work at Toyota in cleveland and we have our fisrt new corolla already the new Levin ZR hatch is quite awesome but regretfully has the stock base model donk that is meagre at best but all models have a 6speed standard

The Sydney Launch is at Stewart Toyota in Sutherland, next weekend I think

They are looking for all year model corollas (stock) to help with the promotion

There is a thread about it on SRC forums

Hi guys I work at Toyota in cleveland and we have our fisrt new corolla already the new Levin ZR hatch is quite awesome but regretfully has the stock base model donk that is meagre at best but all models have a 6speed standard

Pics? :spiteful:

Pics? :spiteful:

lol pics or ban

As a toyota new vehicle salesperson in perth, i will be attending the corolla roadshow at the conventionn center on monday, will keep in touch with information. and i have set aside a levin sx or zr for my own demo, depending on the price :D

We will be adding one of these for my younger sister so it wont be stock for long

Does that mean the Ascent is going?

Not mini-shadow...no...no no no...

no mate, i have 2 sisters, youngest will be getting the new one and it will be black of course :yahoo:

hey guys, new 2 the forum, i saw at least 14 new corollas bumper 2 bumper parked in the city, probably for some promotion. They were parked on harrington street, at the entrance of four seasons hotel. Lookd quite nice, a bit funny looking, the gearknob is high up, sort of like Alpha Romeo 147/ Honda civic gear nob placement. i liked it

Hey guys,

Went to the next generation Corolla roadshow today and I have final specifications and pricing. Toyota's strategy is to attack the Mazda 3 buyers, because apparently the Mazda 3 just barely outsold the Corolla one month in the private car market. Not bad considering the current model Corolla is now 6 years old! and it still continues to outsell Commodore and Falcon. But the pricing for the manual models is listed below.

Ascent Hatch and Sedan $20,990

Conquest Hatch and Sedan $25,500

Levin SX Hatch $25,500 (AWESOME VALUE!!!)

Levin ZR Hatch $29,500

Ultima Sedan $31,990 (Auto Only)

This is the confirmed pricing from Toyota, and i personally think the Levin SX Hatch and the Conquest Sedan will be the big sellers.

Any other questions please PM me.

Melvin

Ascent Hatch and Sedan $20,990

Conquest Hatch and Sedan $25,500

Levin SX Hatch $25,500 (AWESOME VALUE!!!)

Levin ZR Hatch $29,500

Ultima Sedan $31,990 (Auto Only)

What;s the difference between the SX and the ZR?

Australia

The new Corolla will be introduced to the Australian market on 18th May 2007. It will be available in both sedan and hatchback models, with more safety features and higher levels of luxury. The new 1.8-litre 2ZR-FE Dual VVT-i - with variable valve timing for both intake and exhaust camshafts - will be the only engine available for the Australian model. It is expected that the new Corolla will be fitted with a 6-speed manual transmission as standard. However, the 4 speed automatic transmission of the current model will be carried over - there are no plans to introduce a CVT or 5 speed automatic transmission at present. The new Corolla will be available in 4 trim levels for the hatch and 3 trim levels for the sedan. The top-of-the-range hatch will feature HID xenon headlamps, smart entry/smart start, and in a first for its segment, a driver's knee airbag. Although the new hatch will be wearing the Auris name in most world markets, it has been confirmed by Toyota Australia that the Corolla name will be retained for the Australian market.

The Toyota 2ZR-FE is a DOHC, 16 valve, 1.8L (1797cc) engine equiped with VVT-i. This all-new engine is now replacing the 1ZZ-FE engine in most applications. Output for this engine is rated at 136 hp (101kw) at 6000 RPM and 129 ft·lbf of torque at 4400 RPM.

* Specs:

* Engine Type : In-Line 4-cylinder DOHC-16 valve

* Bore x Stroke = 80.5 x 88.3 mm

* Compression Ratio : 10.0:1

* Weight : 97 kg (without fuel)

1ZZ-FE

* Specs:

* Engine Type : In-Line 4-cylinder DOHC-16 valve

* Bore x Stroke = 79.0 x 91.5 mm

* Compression Ratio : 10.0:1

* Weight : 96 kg (without fuel)

The new engine is the 1.8 liter 2ZR-FE, which replaces the 1ZZ-FE in Toyota’s line-up. The 2ZR-FE has a few enhancements over the 1ZZ-FE found in our current Toyota Corolla Altis. For one, the new 2ZR-FE has Dual VVT-i which varies valve timing optimally for various engine speeds and loads on both the intake and exhaust valves. The previous 1ZZ-FE only has variable valve timing on the exhaust valves. Maximum torque has increased from 170Nm at 4,200 rpm to 175Nm at 4,400 rpm. Horsepower has increased from 132hp at 6,000 rpm to 136hp at 6,600 rpm. Fuel efficiency is supposed to be 5% higher compared to conventional engines.

Edited by fad

Wow, the Levin SX is a great price. Now I have the decision of deciding wether to buy the Levin SX, or a 05 Stivo when I upgrade later in the year...

Dammit.

Edited by Corolla92

my guess between the toyota levin sx and the zr would be similar to the aurion sportivo sx6 and zr6 model in terms of features.

5 models in the lineup, 5 models in the aurion lineup... features will be identical at each level.

If toyota put out a Levin Sedan or Sportivo Sedan like XRS sedan in USA the would kill the sales .... sedan more smooth looking and a very popular car USA loves the sedans ......

toyota can't compete with mazda 6 .. WRX and lancer all hot sedans more Wrex owners got sedans

Edited by DrivInGScHool