GGII - Project El Cheapo II

RME1

I still miss the GOOSe, don't get me wrong. But it's time to move on to 'greener' pastures. Petrol ain't getting any more cheaper, so now is the time to strike!

Delievered last night.

Last night was raining. The Rex is awesome in the Rain. She also has lots of power - very intimidating to drive. The previous owner looked after her well. It was his boss's who bought it brand new and sold it to him to buy another brand new REX :shock:

Drove to GF"s house in thomastown. Alwasy looking in rear vision mirror LOL. Had RWC, transfer papers and checked that i had drivers licence on me twice. - Only really ever had to use 3-4 gears. Low rpm (2-2.5k) pre boost. She could drink lots of fuel :P

Ford panel van tried to run me in the wet (so it begins :evil: ) - The Rex has so much grip, there is really no need to drive like a lunatic. Just drive like corolla, expect she's got stacks and stacks of grip.

Previous owner was an AM radio fan.. like talkback 3aw T_T;l.. I couldn't change the frikkin' radio (dark. No interior light tsk tsk @ japanese). So i listened to the engine for the whole 25min trip :roll: Music to my ears!

At night she is green. In the day time she is like green/light blue/funky light green? :oops: Will need to cut and polish her soon. Maybe get it done professionally?

2646474_1_full.jpg

2646474_2_full.jpg

Apologies for the bad photos

Edited by RME1

Insurance for the Goose was 1.1k from Just Cars - no one else will insure me unless i go fully con artist styles and say i'm 25, and lock my car up in fort knox, T__T

Insurance for the REx is 1.4 - so they just roll over the remaining leftover and I pay 300. I guess it's not too bad.

It only get's a bit heavy if i am at fault.

2200 excess (age, car, normal excesses)

2300 excess for theift

$__$

hiks2...u got my dream car!!i've always wanted to have WRX since i came to Australia T_T.....well good thing u have one. it must be really nice to drive and fast..

I still miss the GOOSe, don't get me wrong. But it's time to move on to 'greener' pastures. Petrol ain't getting any more cheaper, so now is the time to strike!

Delievered last night.

Last night was raining. The Rex is awesome in the Rain. She also has lots of power - very intimidating to drive. The previous owner looked after her well. It was his boss's who bought it brand new and sold it to him to buy another brand new REX :shock:

Drove to GF"s house in thomastown. Alwasy looking in rear vision mirror LOL. Had RWC, transfer papers and checked that i had drivers licence on me twice. - Only really ever had to use 3-4 gears. Low rpm (2-2.5k) pre boost. She could drink lots of fuel :P

Ford panel van tried to run me in the wet (so it begins :evil: ) - The Rex has so much grip, there is really no need to drive like a lunatic. Just drive like corolla, expect she's got stacks and stacks of grip.

Previous owner was an AM radio fan.. like talkback 3aw T_T;l.. I couldn't change the frikkin' radio (dark. No interior light tsk tsk @ japanese). So i listened to the engine for the whole 25min trip :roll: Music to my ears!

At night she is green. In the day time she is like green/light blue/funky light green? :oops: Will need to cut and polish her soon. Maybe get it done professionally?

2646474_1_full.jpg

2646474_2_full.jpg

Apologies for the bad photos

looks tuff!

see ya at the next track day jules!

Oi oi... don't get me started on that! :ph34r:

GOtta learn to cope with her power first.

Just do what everyone else does at the track days with their mighty powerful car. Spin off on the first corner....on the out lap :lol:

That is so nice - I want one :) . A work colleague offered one of those in white to me back in 2002 for 30K which was cheap at the time. Sadly the insurance for it at the time was like 3K so I got the sportivo instead.

U can get a wagon for the kids!! :D

The missus will approve

Next TOCA cruise i come along as a 'spectator' and hopefully i can drag along MOtoman (who used to have a sportivo, now a Skyline R33)

Next cruise soon bro...stay tuned!! ;)

U can get a wagon for the kids!! :D

The missus will approve

Next TOCA cruise i come along as a 'spectator' and hopefully i can drag along MOtoman (who used to have a sportivo, now a Skyline R33)

Next cruise soon bro...stay tuned!! ;)

Cool, thanks mate. :toast:

GGII was dynoed today at Protek Performance - Didn't really know what to expect ...on the Rex forums ppls have been seeing figures arounds 90 - 130 KW atw , so any thing around 100 kw was ok. She ended up with the following results:

Max power 133.0kw @ 5879 RPM on Shell V-power.

Air Fuel mixture 12.5

Boost consistant at approx 190 M.A.P kpa (what ever that means) from 3500 - 5500 RPM .. then it just sort of tapers off

The dyno dude said:

- he was very surprised to see a bog stock classic WRx (because he was expecting a Turbo back/cannon etc.etc.)

- The figures are very good for a car this age

- Next performance mods should be 'hardware' orientated - Turbo back exhaust and dual tip muffler, than E-manage $_$

Reflections:

- She's good :toast:

- She doesn't need any more power...for now

Hopefully see you all next week at Protek :D

thats a very very good figure Jules... congrats on picking up such a nice car...

i only have 1 piece of advice that i have gathered from driving dad's new EVO 9....

Some cars are all wheel drive, such as the evo and the wrx... therefore they will get lots more grip in the wet under acceleration...

However.....

All new cars have four wheel disk brakes.... therefore.... all cars stop the same in the wet.... be careful.... but have fun!! :yahoo:

The dyno dude said:

- The figures are very good for a car this age

this i dont get - why wouldnt it perform even if its old?

im thinking any car thats been maintained would still perform well.

so in saying that... does he mean to say that usually,any regular car that is maintained stock parts would find a loss in performance no matter what?

oh yea..

as soon as toyota buys out subaru.. the WRX will eventually end up with a (T) badge on it anywayz hehehehe...

bring on auris AWD :P

Edited by JJCRU23R

Here is $120,000++ reasons of worry:

322 kw atw R34 GTR VSpec

6eworc2.jpg

*and the Rex is in the background just itching to have a go haha.

** R33 GTR + R34 GTR VSpec + REX = $180,000 in the picture $_$

Edited by RME1