Aurion average fuel consumption approximation

DJKOR

• 1 month later...

To keep up with my updates, here is yet another one. Thanks to the drive to Melbourne and back, I was able to get my average to drop down a little. It could have been a bigger drop, but I got a bit carried away on the trip down there. Anyway, here are the current figures:

Aurion Fuel Consumption (Excel Spreadsheet)

- At 4010km, my total fuel used was 417.14L and my average fuel consumption was 10.4L/100km

- At 8385km, my total fuel used was 907.83L and my average fuel consumption was 10.8L/100km

- At 12781km, my total fuel used was 1420.46L and my average fuel consumption was 11.1L/100km

- At 15716km, my total fuel used was 1772.86L and my average fuel consumption was 11.28L/100km

- At 18333km, my total fuel used was 2089.2L and my average fuel consumption was 11.4L/100km

- At 21099km, my total fuel used was 2432.43L and my average fuel consumption was 11.53L/100km

- At 22735km, my total fuel used was 2635.44L and my average fuel consumption was 11.59L/100km

- At 24285km, my total fuel used was 2833.42L and my average fuel consumption was 11.67L/100km

- At 30048km, my total fuel used was 3503.85L and my average fuel consumption was 11.66L/100km

- At 34235km, my total fuel used was 3951.27L and my average fuel consumption was 11.54L/100km

- At 38597km, my total fuel used was 4457.73L and my average fuel consumption was 11.55L/100km

- At 45207km, my total fuel used was 5153.56L and my average fuel consumption was 11.4L/100km

• 3 months later...

Did some reading and decided to refuel before posting my consumption figures. (Seems the previous owner had a tad of a heavy foot :P)

I drove down the gold coast yesterday from Brisbane, cruise set to 100-110, managed to pull 8.4L/100Km

That drive was only about an hour or so and based on the posts seen here i know it will drop the more kays driven. Had the car less than a week now and im already in love haha.

For a big car im amazed at the consumption figures! So much better then a commodore or a falcon.

I drove down the gold coast yesterday from Brisbane, cruise set to 100-110, managed to pull 8.4L/100Km

That drive was only about an hour or so and based on the posts seen here i know it will drop the more kays driven. Had the car less than a week now and im already in love haha.

I manage about 8.2-8.4 l/100km per tank when I do interstate driving averaging 110-120km/h with several full throttle overtaking manoeuvres. From what I have found, driving at 110km/h doesn't help you get better fuel consumption.

Some of these fuel economy figures are impressive , but the better ones seem to be on 95 or 98 RON fuel , which is close to 10 cents per litre more expensive than "standard" 91 RON fuel.

So on a 70 litre tank that's up to $7 more expensive per tank than filling up with 91 RON fuel.

If you fill up once per fortnight , that's up to $182 more per year for the premium fuel.

Has anyone looked into or calculated the cost of 91 RON v's 95/98 RON fuel per 100 klms ?

Some of these fuel economy figures are impressive , but the better ones seem to be on 95 or 98 RON fuel , which is close to 10 cents per litre more expensive than "standard" 91 RON fuel.

So on a 70 litre tank that's up to $7 more expensive per tank than filling up with 91 RON fuel.

If you fill up once per fortnight , that's up to $182 more per year for the premium fuel.

Has anyone looked into or calculated the cost of 91 RON v's 95/98 RON fuel per 100 klms ?

as i have found with my car it is the most economical on ron 91 ulp, IMO these cars were tuned for this fuel, even with modds that i have.

[quote name='dave262' date='Oct 8 2008, 10:33 PM' post='2671

I had the same thing happen on mine. Started off with like 10.xx L/100k or less in city driving when the car was new... now it's closer to 12L/100k in straight city driving. But then again, it's Melbourne - we probably have one of the poorest infrastructure for roads and public transport of any developed area in the world! =P

You wont have to go far to see worse. Try one of the other cities in Aus:

• 1 month later...
No comments from me, picture says it all.

6 return trips bathurst to oberon and 1 bathurst to orange.

there you go even better than you thought, who needs to put gas on these cars when you get economy like this, as I said I get under 11 ltrs?100 driving as a taxi in hobart with many hills.

No comments from me, picture says it all.

6 return trips bathurst to oberon and 1 bathurst to orange.

Should do a manual calculation like the title states to show the accuracy of that figure. That's why I started this tread in comparison to the other threads:

Fuel economy advice

Fuel Use?????

Well for the record I did. Fuel used was 98 octane. Have done 64000 k's, car as is when bought even original rubber all the way round.

I refilled the car and put 48.7 lts in.

Now I always use the same pump at the same servo and always fill it all the way up the spout. (still no way of knowing that the same level of fill was achieved as previous fill).

6.7 x 7 = 46.9 by the cars calculation

48.7 / 7 = 6.95 by manual calculation

error (48.7 - 46.9) / 7 = 0.257 lts per 100k's

I am specifically looking at optimal cruise speed. I guess fuel miser is suggesting about 70km/h with his photo.

This could be right. My experience has been that free flowing traffic (and lots of luck with traffic lights) on the highway gives better consumption than on the freeway. The factory trip computer do not give instantaneous or short term fuel economy so I am not sure. Hence I am seeking figures from guys with more advanced third party trip computers.

Regarding comments of "driving as a taxi in hobart with many hills by scootastaxisx6 and even earlier "hoon driving" by DKJOR...

I believe fuel consumption don't go up much as we rev it. Its heavily to do with braking due to traffic, traffic lights, give way and stop signs.

I am specifically looking at optimal cruise speed. I guess fuel miser is suggesting about 70km/h with his photo.

This could be right. My experience has been that free flowing traffic (and lots of luck with traffic lights) on the highway gives better consumption than on the freeway. The factory trip computer do not give instantaneous or short term fuel economy so I am not sure. Hence I am seeking figures from guys with more advanced third party trip computers.

Regarding comments of "driving as a taxi in hobart with many hills by scootastaxisx6 and even earlier "hoon driving" by DKJOR...

I believe fuel consumption don't go up much as we rev it. Its heavily to do with braking due to traffic, traffic lights, give way and stop signs.

I cetainly would not disagree with that comment, stop starting all day will kill anyones fuel ecconomy.

my econ seems very bad atm ,Im thing of taking the SRI off and putting the stock one back on because it seems that Im using more since that has been on ? I dont know why it would be

Im up around 12 l per 100 atm which is a lot I think

considering the car only gets a bit of a booot every now and then

i used this page from my last fill

http://beno.id.au/html/webpages-goldwing/ecoCalc.html

285.2 kms

34.81 litres

on sensible driving, when i had the SRI on i got better econ than stock. was averaging about 9 usually. and daryls dyno read out was richer than mine and he had stock intake so i dont think it will be SRI.

e10 mate stop using it lol, u get so much more out of 98. and its way better for the engine

Edited by ELEGNT

my econ seems very bad atm ,Im thing of taking the SRI off and putting the stock one back on because it seems that Im using more since that has been on ? I dont know why it would be

Im up around 12 l per 100 atm which is a lot I think

considering the car only gets a bit of a booot every now and then

i used this page from my last fill

http://beno.id.au/html/webpages-goldwing/ecoCalc.html

285.2 kms

34.81 litres

dont blame the SRI unless its the wrong length ( im still experimenting with different lengths of the SRI ) its all a challenge to see what works and what doesen't as far as economy and power, but still in the mid 10's on the gauge.

Hi All

Started monitoring my fuel consumption using my iPhone and an app I found...gotta justify getting the iPhone somehow ;)

post-16275-1260351753_thumb.jpg.

Car's still new, haven't been able to drive it far for now, so not to concerned as yet on fuel consumption.

Cheers

Foley

Edited by foley

Just so nobody is confused.

The speed shown in the picture is not the speed I traveled at during this economy run.

I used the cruise control whenever possible set at 100 k's. All trips were virtually interference free of traffic (no speed change, no overtaking etc), coast when change in speed was required (no brakes and long enough to drop from 100 to 50) cruise control used to return to 100 k's. Virtually no idling at lights etc.

The error result can be divided between car computer (fuel consumption, distance traveled - both have display accuracy errors) and re-fill repeatability. But that's another story.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like all my interstate driving has had a little bit of an influence on my average fuel consumption. Finally cracked into the 10's again. Not that drastic of an influence because I don't exactly drive sedately, but it's an improvement nevertheless. Anyway, here are the current figures:

Aurion Fuel Consumption (Excel Spreadsheet)

- At 4010km, my total fuel used was 417.14L and my average fuel consumption was 10.4L/100km

- At 8385km, my total fuel used was 907.83L and my average fuel consumption was 10.8L/100km

- At 12781km, my total fuel used was 1420.46L and my average fuel consumption was 11.1L/100km

- At 15716km, my total fuel used was 1772.86L and my average fuel consumption was 11.28L/100km

- At 18333km, my total fuel used was 2089.2L and my average fuel consumption was 11.4L/100km

- At 21099km, my total fuel used was 2432.43L and my average fuel consumption was 11.53L/100km

- At 22735km, my total fuel used was 2635.44L and my average fuel consumption was 11.59L/100km

- At 24285km, my total fuel used was 2833.42L and my average fuel consumption was 11.67L/100km

- At 30048km, my total fuel used was 3503.85L and my average fuel consumption was 11.66L/100km

- At 34235km, my total fuel used was 3951.27L and my average fuel consumption was 11.54L/100km

- At 38597km, my total fuel used was 4457.73L and my average fuel consumption was 11.55L/100km

- At 49843km, my total fuel used was 5712.31L and my average fuel consumption was 11.46L/100km

- At 64720km, my total fuel used was 7126.14L and my average fuel consumption was 10.98L/100km