DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

Personaly go silver it is faster and a hell of a lot easier to look after. Plus I know someone who can get a gloss and reflection on a silver car that will guarantee you some more trophies for the sideboard.......

Really? Who might that be? I try so hard to get a mirror like gloss on my silver but it just does not happen as much as a dark coloured car would.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Silva does make a good point. My car is/was/will be a daily driver so as much as a black car would be great when clean, the satisfaction from having it 100% clean would only last a day at the most. Silver would give some more room to play with. I will definitely be making the time to make more trips to the professional Brisbane detailing team unlike before. Ahhh.... another good thing about Queensland :P

On that topic of things, had the assessor in Dubbo ring home today (despite being a public holiday), and they requested for my registration certificate to be faxed to them. Luckily that was easily sorted. The car is a definite write-off (which I am glad to hear... in the safety aspect of things) so they said they will forward the paperwork on to get it de-registered. So I guess I now wait for AAMI to get back to me about where I go from there.

From a repairable write-off, to a road worthy vehicle, then to a statutory write-off... this car has lived it's life. A bit shorter than I expected, but oh well. She was so close to the 100,000km mark as well. I was looking forward to getting a photo of that moment.

Imagine how a black car would look like if the silver is guaranteed to shine like that.. :lol:

I've seen Silva just wash a black car and it looked mint. Don't think my mind could handle what a complete detail would look like.

Hmmm. The black vs. silver argument in my head is starting to get pretty intense. One side wants the black for the classy look, but the other says that silver would be the MUCH wiser choice. It will drive like 800km a week, so looking cleaner for longer is a strong point. Plus it helps to hide the inevitable swirls.

Plus it helps to hide the inevitable swirls.

blasphemy!

you dont hide them! you remove them!! :P :P :P

personally i think for the TRD/Sportivo's, black kinda takes away from the darker parts of the bodykits... no offence intended, thats just my opinion. which is why a white TRd/Sportivo makes me blush :P

id personally go the silver, when buffed correctly, silver can easily hold a pretty outstanding shine and reflection. you probably wont get the depth of a darker colour but the shine is certainly acheiveable..

glad to see things are moving along mate :)

Edited by -DAvo

blasphemy!

LOL. I know I know. But laziness/tight work schedules can get the best of me sometimes and all I have time for is the usual wash, clay, and wax. Think less of permanently hiding it, and more of an in-between type of thing :lol:

which is why a white TRd/Sportivo makes me blush :P

Oh man, a white TRD is pure sex. Only problem is they don't come in the 3500SL, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. The more important point though is that there is only one available for sale (conveniently near to home), but this is the ex-TRD of forum member TRD555. It has quite a few more k's on it than the silver ones I'm looking at.

Oh Daryl,

I've actually shed a tear while reading your post mate. After meeting you and your car I can certainly say that the world is certainly a worse place without it. I'm sorry for your loss but sure am glad everyone got out of it safely.

Oh man, a white TRD is pure sex. Only problem is they don't come in the 3500SL, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. The more important point though is that there is only one available for sale (conveniently near to home), but this is the ex-TRD of forum member TRD555. It has quite a few more k's on it than the silver ones I'm looking at.

Don't get that one. If you want white then go for the white one in SA. Mine had extended factory warranty but there are few things which ain't good about it. PM me if you need details.

Plus it helps to hide the inevitable swirls.

blasphemy!

personally i think for the TRD/Sportivo's, black kinda takes away from the darker parts of the bodykits... no offence intended, thats just my opinion. which is why a white TRd/Sportivo makes me blush :P

id personally go the silver, when buffed correctly, silver can easily hold a pretty outstanding shine and reflection. you probably wont get the depth of a darker colour but the shine is certainly acheiveable..

glad to see things are moving along mate :)

!!!!!

I'd say all TRD colours are nice. Thou I'd have to argue that Black is the best car. Why? Because it is easily recognizable from a fair distance. Evrytime I saw a black TRD, OH Look, a TRD, sexy... Easy.

White and Red would be in the next line. Sorry to say this, but silver would go last. I really really have to make the effort on differentiating it with the Sportivos. The silver colour kinda blends the colour of the kit, making it less special compared to all other colours.

Sound totally dumb, I even googled it before I post this post making sure I know what Im saying. Apparently, I recognize them easier on pictures than on roads. :whistling:

i hate silver cars in general... they just look so boring...

but in saying that, the trd has enough different coloured parts to make it look nice(ish)...

for me, the trd colours go... black, red, white, silver

I love silver coloured cars. Less attention and it's alot more subtle.

I'm sure whichever colour Daryl goes for it will look special :)

I love silver coloured cars. Less attention and it's alot more subtle.

I'm sure whichever colour Daryl goes for it will look special :)

TradingPost used cars, Silver Aurion TRD 3500 SL, burgundy trim (looks great). Located Oberon NSW, 17.500K's, Go silver, always looks great even when dirty, easy to maintain finish, and TRD has enough contrasting pieces to make them look A1.

TradingPost used cars, Silver Aurion TRD 3500 SL, burgundy trim (looks great). Located Oberon NSW, 17.500K's, Go silver, always looks great even when dirty, easy to maintain finish, and TRD has enough contrasting pieces to make them look A1.

I love the burgundy trim on that car!! Might even add that to the list of mods to do to my SX6 at some point... hopefully the guy Ingres go to do his can do something similar! :)

All I gotta say. I got silver because it stays aka looks clean :lol:. It hides swirls as well and it hides dust and dirt very good. Less maintenance all around. When I had my old 97 camry that was dark green. It was a nightmare, after driving in rain or something the car would turn into crap like I never cleaned it.

Silver will NOT bring depth if you clean it but you can produce a shine on it but not much of depth like a darker colour would..

By the way, I seen a Black TRD today. He zoomed past me and my dad. My dads reaction was "wow, what car is that, looks nice" :lol:.

Imagine how a black car would look like if the silver is guaranteed to shine like that.. :lol:

I've seen Silva just wash a black car and it looked mint. Don't think my mind could handle what a complete detail would look like.

Hmmm. The black vs. silver argument in my head is starting to get pretty intense. One side wants the black for the classy look, but the other says that silver would be the MUCH wiser choice. It will drive like 800km a week, so looking cleaner for longer is a strong point. Plus it helps to hide the inevitable swirls.

You make rather wise comments there grasshopper :P

You can get a silver car to look the goods you just have to know how to do it. ;) Plus silver will also hide a lot of blemishes that a black car cannot do ESPECIALLY if it is a high mileage DAILY DRIVER.

My car was still winning trophies with over 100 000km's on the clock and being only 3 and a bit years old.

Good luck finding one mate!! Will be happy to give her the once over to get it up to scratch if it needs it.

SB

That will buff right out?

Its a shame to see your car like that Daryl and main thing is everyone is ok. Just goes to show how strong the toyotas really are, not a single broken window....When i smashed up my commo AAMI were so easy to deal with, good to hear your getting the same treatment.

Silva does make a good point. My car is/was/will be a daily driver so as much as a black car would be great when clean, the satisfaction from having it 100% clean would only last a day at the most. Silver would give some more room to play with. I will definitely be making the time to make more trips to the professional Brisbane detailing team unlike before. Ahhh.... another good thing about Queensland :P

On that topic of things, had the assessor in Dubbo ring home today (despite being a public holiday), and they requested for my registration certificate to be faxed to them. Luckily that was easily sorted. The car is a definite write-off (which I am glad to hear... in the safety aspect of things) so they said they will forward the paperwork on to get it de-registered. So I guess I now wait for AAMI to get back to me about where I go from there.

From a repairable write-off, to a road worthy vehicle, then to a statutory write-off... this car has lived it's life. A bit shorter than I expected, but oh well. She was so close to the 100,000km mark as well. I was looking forward to getting a photo of that moment.

Sorry to hear mate. :(

You sure its a going to be a stat write off? Looking at the pics and comparing to the amount of cars we've bought as repairable/economical write offs, i'd say its repairable - unless there is more damage than the photo shows on the bottom of the passenger side B pillar. Anyway it would be interesting to see what AAMI come back with, and why.

TRD FTW, or if you want something smaller, something with a 2ZZ, i'll hook you up with the bits to make it quicker than a TRD ;)

... hopefully the guy Ingres go to do his can do something similar! :)

Are you referring to his seat covers? If so, I was the one that fit those for him and it was relatively simple after you remove the seats.

That will buff right out?

Sure thing. Just a little elbow grease.

AAMI were so easy to deal with, good to hear your getting the same treatment.

Yeah, last time when someone t-boned my rear, AAMI were really efficient at taking care of it all.

You sure its a going to be a stat write off? Looking at the pics and comparing to the amount of cars we've bought as repairable/economical write offs, i'd say its repairable - unless there is more damage than the photo shows on the bottom of the passenger side B pillar.

Very valid point. I think that was my bad. All I heard from them was that it was a total off? (I'm sure it was total loss... couldn't hear). I must have got my terms wrong and didn't differentiate properly between statutory and repairable. It's possible it could be repairable, but the rear suspension was bent in all sorts of ways. I can't imagine it being safely repired, but I'm no expert on it.

Either way, I guess it's just better to say it's written off.

Well my mind is made up on one thing, it is going to be a TRD 3500SL. So it all comes down to who's side I'm on.

.... SecaBoy or SupaTouring?

:lol:

Well my mind is made up on one thing, it is going to be a TRD 3500SL. So it all comes down to who's side I'm on.

.... SecaBoy or SupaTouring?

My Vote will be Secaboy's Black.. what happen to the White TRD that u mentioned??

Damn. This whole colour issue is really doing my head in. Why couldn't they have just made a Wildfire 3500SL? That would then be sorted without any further question.

Like most people have said (and I agree with), black really is the way to go for looks given the two choices... but for my needs, silver is more logical. I guess what makes the decision making harder is that the silver one I'm looking at is at 18,000km and the black one is at 30,000km. The black is a bit cheaper as well and even has that moonroof which I've always wanted.

I need Dave (SupaTouring) to help tip the scales towards silver. I have had some very good points for silver already, but that black is so tempting.

Damn. This whole colour issue is really doing my head in. Why couldn't they have just made a Wildfire 3500SL? That would then be sorted without any further question.

Like most people have said (and I agree with), black really is the way to go for looks given the two choices... but for my needs, silver is more logical. I guess what makes the decision making harder is that the silver one I'm looking at is at 18,000km and the black one is at 30,000km. The black is a bit cheaper as well and even has that moonroof which I've always wanted.

I need Dave (SupaTouring) to help tip the scales towards silver. I have had some very good points for silver already, but that black is so tempting.

Cheaper, with the things u wanted.. then decision is made for u.. BLACK.. hahahhahaha..

Our neighbour over the road and his wife have a BLACK TRD 3500 SL, I have a silver prodigy. We both use our cars as daily drives etc. He's told me on several occassions, and so has his wife, that buying Black was the worst decission they've ever made with a car. They bought it on impulse, overwelmed by the look of the black and now they totally regret it. He always remarks that he wished he'd bought silver like ours because to quote him, 'my car always looks like it's just stepped out of the car wash', even when it may have been a week's use before it's had a tub. He can do his up to the nine's, go to the local shopping centre and by the time he's home it can take on a brown over black look from the dust.

Looks great when it's just been cleaned, but by the end of the same day can look very ordinary !!!!

yes, black looks dirty VERY quickly... BUT, for that split second that its clean, it looks 10000000000 times better than silver... :D

at the end of the day... daryl, you're a neat freak, so no doubt you'll have the black shining and sparkling every day of the week... :D

i've owned 3 black cars now... and i would safely say that i would buy another black car if given the choice...

you know what they say............once you go black, you'll never go back... :lol: