DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

Hey djk. It's good to see your soldiering on :). If they do pay you out will you be getting the facelift Aurion or a 07-09 Aurion?

Man, when I'm driving I think about your accident and think how heart broken I would be if something happened to my car like that right now. Goodluck bro, wishing you all the best :)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... If they do pay you out will you be getting the facelift Aurion or a 07-09 Aurion?

Basically what I said here:

At first I thought since I really love the Wildfire colour (and because that's what I had), I was thinking of maybe using my money to get an 07 Sportivo ZR6 with sunroof and keeping whatever cash was remaining. One reason I want the ZR6 is the Smart Entry. It's one of those gimmicks that I want. I then realised that this option probably isn't really the best choice, so then my next idea was to add about $10k and get say a 2009 facelift Sportivo SX6. I'm not much of a fan when it comes to the new Sportivo's though. But this option then means I will have a new car etc, etc.

My other option though is to get a TRD. I would have to get a 3500SL since if I'm getting a TRD, I'll want the Smart Entry as well. Options are fairly limited, but I have found one for sale in Adelaide where I happen to be working in a couple of weeks time. This one would require that I add on about $10k to my insurance payout, pretty much like if I was to get the facelift SX6. Only thing is, the TRD is a 2007 model, however only has 18,000km on the clock. It is silver in colour (like yours David), so it doesn't quite feel the same to me, even though I have no issues with the colour.

So while I wait for this insurance to sort itself out, I have some thinking to do. Depite the TRD being a 2007 model and being a second hand car, I am still leaning more towards it just due to the fact that it is the TRD.

I've got my eyes set on getting a TRD 3500SL. So for that, it's either silver or black. The final colour choice will come down to what ends up being the best value (have to factor in transportation as well if it is interstate). I may even end up with that moonroof that I was really wanting. If all else fails, I'd be aiming for a Wildfire TRD 3500S.

good luck with it daryl i personally woudnt want even my own car to be given back after a crash like that. it will never drive the same an look the same to you etc

payout + 10k to get a trd

...shiiiiit your agreed value must be a fair bit (high 20's) and i sold my car in the state it was for 24 :(

whatever you do man dont get a facelift omg

Mate, really awful to hear.

I'll i can say from my experience is no mater how much crap or "sorry to hear" messages from people u get about this, you can always fix the car or sort the problems out with money another way later on down the track.

As for u and ur dad thats somthing money cant buy.

Anyway from here it can only get better.... so keep on smiling dude :)

Edited by Armstrong

A little late here, but sorry to hear about your car.

As others have said, the most important thing is that you and your father is still alive (Something that can't be repaired.).

Edited by ToyotaFreak

DONT GET THE MOONROOF... :(

i jumped in my car today after 3 days of it sitting there with all this rain... the roof is holding a lot of water... :(

but yeah... WOOT to having another TRD at a regular brisbane meeting!! :D

we'll definitelly have to get some pics then... ;)

i jumped in my car today after 3 days of it sitting there with all this rain... the roof is holding a lot of water... :(

Yep, somethings wrong with your moonroof. Shouldn't be holding THAT much water. I know you guys have had ****loads of rain but you've got a problem. :P

I've had not one issue with mine. Well I thought I did but turns out it was normal. :)

Yep, somethings wrong with your moonroof. Shouldn't be holding THAT much water. I know you guys have had ****loads of rain but you've got a problem. :P

I've had not one issue with mine. Well I thought I did but turns out it was normal. :)

Does it actually suppose to hold any amount of water?

Did you close it fully? I notice on mine 1999 Vienta, on reaching fully closed position in sliding mode the moonroof lifts without a pause to the alternative mode. You have to be quick or should there be a pause?

Here is a wildfire TRD Aurion I took pictures of back in 2007 at the Melbourne Car show.

When I seen this car, I had NO clue what it was, I did not even know what an Aurion was or a TRD. Would have never guessed in a billion zillion years that I would be driving one of these(AURION) few years later :D.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/245/1004031.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8909/1004032.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5269/1004033.jpg

Red looks really nice :)

They made red TRD aurion. It's just not in the top range of the TRD Aurion. Well, there are only 2 grades, so yea. Toyota thinks Red isn't included in the luxury group.

Anw, Go Red TRD Daryl. U know u want it and U don't need the 'start' button engine. U know that will only give u a fraction of having the Supercharger. xD

unique: Looking at those photos, I would so kill to have a car that shiny all the time when driving around. Damn that is some serious shine.

I know Wildfire would be so nice to have, but I figured that for just a little bit extra, I can pick up a 3500SL. May as well get top of the range I'd say considering it is a discontinued car. I found a reasonably priced black one with low kilometres which I will check out. Just waiting for AAMI to sort things out.

Haha, yeah. There was usually a pretty big crowd around the TRD. In person it was blindingly shiny which attracted heaps of people to have a glance and think, wow, what car is this (since it was still new and not known).

These red ones in person look a million bucks. Still remember that day like yesterday when the red caught my eye.

edit: DJk, for you to get a TRD from the insurance payout, your car must have been insured for really really high. Mine is $26,000, if you don't mind me asking how much is yours?

By the way, how are you getting around? Are you back with the Camry? :)

Edited by unique

These red ones in person look a million bucks. Still remember that day like yesterday when the red caught my eye.

I know, I know. Also the red interior is an eye catcher. At first I didn't like it, but in person it was so much better.

I've been lucky enough though to have seen red, silver, and black TRD's at our meets here on a frequent occasion so I have had a good 'taste' of them. I must say, they all look great, but the black seems to be ticking my fancy at the moment.

edit: DJk, for you to get a TRD from the insurance payout, your car must have been insured for really really high. Mine is $26,000, if you don't mind me asking how much is yours?

I don't exactly want to go into figures at the moment until it is all sorted, but it is certainly more than that.

By the way, how are you getting around? Are you back with the Camry? :)

Still have a hire car Corolla sedan until the end of next week. After that, I'll be in Brisbane for the weekend without a car then heading to Adelaide on Monday for a few weeks in which I won't really need a car. Should be convenient to sort things out.

Still have a hire car Corolla sedan until the end of next week. After that, I'll be in Brisbane for the weekend without a car then heading to Adelaide on Monday for a few weeks in which I won't really need a car. Should be convenient to sort things out.

Earn some interest on the payout to fund the mods B)

Daryl sorry to hear about the car mate. First I heard was from Lylee at the cruise in Sydney yesterday and thought you had loaned your car to Guni LOL.

Cars can be replaced people can't. At least if they write it off you won't see it again. I saw my Sportivo Corolla for the first time in over a year a few weeks back and it is in a bad way. I would much rather never see it again then see it just falling apart like it is.

Personaly go silver it is faster and a hell of a lot easier to look after. Plus I know someone who can get a gloss and reflection on a silver car that will guarantee you some more trophies for the sideboard.......