DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much did it end up costing you bro, if u dont mind me asking. cos im waiting for a k&n kit atm too for the colt and it was a fukin rip job
Save the reaction because I know what it's going to be....

.... AUD$365 postage included.

how much did it end up costing you bro, if u dont mind me asking. cos im waiting for a k&n kit atm too for the colt and it was a fukin rip job
Save the reaction because I know what it's going to be....

.... AUD$365 postage included.

Nice one Daryl and not a bad price either,might have to wait to hear your verdict and if all turns out ok go down the same road. :D

btw...i'm loving all the Aurion mods going on at the moment,seems like a lot of members are stepping it up,great to see.

Who will be first, everyone is in on this, its a MOMENT IN HISTORY! :P

Is it done yet ;)

Evo

calm down evan, its just an intake...

(no disrespect to you daryl)

Not just an Intake, the first aftermarket intake for Aurion, i have heard of from here :P

Rowan's one, was specially custom made, so all hopes that Daryls one fits sweet :D

Evo

LOL :P

he is probably gone for a 'hoon' round the block, making sure its all good :P

Evo

his block must be freaking huge, its taken him an hour just to do it ;)

Okay guys, relax relax... especially you Evan; you should take a Valium (Drew will understand the joke behind that). After all, as Mick said, it is just an intake. Plus I'm not the first one to get it mate.

... is this kit available locally? or did you buy from overseas for the cost savings?

It is available locally in the sense that you can order it in from a local store. This would be quite expensive though so it is cheaper to search on eBay and buy it yourself. This is what I did.

So fitting it was a piece of cake, nothing out of the ordinary. Everything fit perfectly and was very well constructed. Instructions were detailed, but who needs them :P

Then I took it for a test drive, and covered a good distance. People on the highway were probably wondering WTF I was doing constantly putting my foot down while next to a barrier.

All I can say is the sound is orgasmic. Not like Northy's V8, but it's probably all I can expect with this car. I certainly had a huge smile on my face... much larger than that of a Mazda 3's.

Only 'issue' I have found after all that driving (I'm not sure if it is good or bad), but if there is enough structure around me to reflect some sound from the engine bay back into my car, I can hear this whistling noise. It happens when you are held on a gear and your put your foot down slightly. For example, lets say I'm in 3rd (easier to hear it and replicate it in this gear), and the revs are at 2,500RPM. If I put my foot down a little so it's enough to bring the revs to 3,500RPM, I get a whistling sound similar to a turbo spool while the engine is increasing speed from 2,500 to 3,500RPM after which it then goes away. I'm just concerned that this is a problem with something.

Anyways, a couple of photos.

Before:

dsc05645c.jpg

After:

dsc05646e.jpg

313, wasnt the sri the start of your problems?

His problem ended up being the battery. The SRI was suspected because the battery issue conveniently started after he put the SRI on.

afaik, michael (51DER) is running the SRI now with no issues...

daryl: i am most likely talking outta my a$$ here, but imo, that whistling noise is nothing to be worried about... just make sure all the clasps are tight and everything is secured...

i am gonna take a stab in the dark here and say it might even be related to the dreaded drone issue that all aurions have... seems to be around the same rev range as when the drone kicks in and stops...

but again, just talking outta my a$$ here.. :lol:

daryl: i am most likely talking outta my a$$ here, but imo, that whistling noise is nothing to be worried about... just make sure all the clasps are tight and everything is secured...

i am gonna take a stab in the dark here and say it might even be related to the dreaded drone issue that all aurions have... seems to be around the same rev range as when the drone kicks in and stops...

but again, just talking outta my a$$ here.. :lol:

I am just thinking it's something like turbulence or air rushing over the vacuum attachments or something like that. Everything is all tight, but I wouldn't suspect it to be to do with a loose intake component because you would imagine the airflow taking the path of least resistance which is straight from the filter to the throttle body. I dunno. Hopefully someone with more engine knowledge might have a known answer.

... do they get enough cool air where they are mounted

Sure does once you start moving a little. If you stay parked for a bit, you will get some heat soak, but once the car starts moving, this cools down. I popped the bonnet after a drive and quickly felt around the filter area and it felt rather cool. The heatshield that comes with it does a decent job I reckon. Tomorrow I will get some piping though and try to direct even more air to there from behind the fog light.

... and do the factory vaccum lines reach ok?

No they don't. But in the package, K&N provides two lengths of some good quality vacuum hose that are more than long enough to replace the old ones.

good on ya mate! and the whiteling sound is normal man i had it and quite liked it....SPOOL YA AURION UPPPPPPPP!! ahhah

evan, mine is pretty much idential to the k&n kit mate relax, it will sound, look feel and smell pretty much the same as mine did.

and phil, the battery was the issue. Michael has got my intake now and loves it!

best sound an aurion will ever make, is this intake

doesnt sound that good from outside but inside is just amazing

EDIT: damn u daryl my intake cost 200 and its just a pod and maf addaptor not even any piping lol

Edited by ELEGNT

I had the spooling whistle on part throttle with my Injen CAI on the 323 [not with either of the CAIs in the Sportvo though...], but it's generally normal for a CAI.

That's a very good looking kit too. I particularly like how you get a heat shield to separate the air from the general engine bay area. And good use of retaining the stock air scoop! :)

Gav.

• 2 weeks later...

DJKOR,

Are you sure they made a difference? The race team I work for (Supaloc Racing) said they wouldn't use them they crack on the race track. but look great the engineer Osca recons there as good as stock once lol. But then again they use $2000 Rotors on the Lamborghini.