DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after seeing it for the first time since you've done the suspension/rims, i think it really looks great...

it *could* do with lowering it a bit more, but it doesnt look ugly high like before...

its like my car... it *could* go lower, but as it sits it looks passable...

your car is coming along as quite a nice little package mate... just needs a turbo strapped on, and its done... :P hehehe

you know that you'll be the first in oz to do it... go on... admit it!!! :lol:

Very nice shot Ray. Thanks for posting:

2009-12-03.jpg

As well, the shot was ruined by a car reversing and driving by, but it turned out half okay:

2009-12-04-01.jpg

And one with Evan:

2009-12-04-02.jpg

looks good Daryl. Was this from Thursday night or the boostcruising.com one on Friday night?

Both. First one was from Thursday at Indro, bottom two were at Wellington Point on Friday.

hahaha you have fun last nite daryl :P i no u did...

Sure did. I just love how it handles now. I never would have thought the TRD Aurion suspension would make a significant difference.

werent as crazy as people say u are :)

I think people overstate that one. Though I was in a little bit of a panic because not only did I have to pay attention to the road ahead, but I had to make sure I did nothing too sudden so as to keep my rear end in one piece. Now I understand how unsettling it is to have someone right up your a** on a mountain run.

ah so you are feeling much better eh Darlyn?

LOL on the name. But yeah; definitely WAY better. I'm glad that is all over now. Thank you immune system.

ah so you are feeling much better eh Darlyn?

LOL on the name. But yeah; definitely WAY better. I'm glad that is all over now. Thank you immune system.

yeah the bitch gave it to me LOL! jksjks still sick FTL

• 1 month later...

To keep everything grouped into my thread I will add the following. A big thanks to Michael (51DER) for taking these photos for me. Every day I drive my car, it just starts feeling more and more like a daily driver than something that is presentable. Seeing photos like this make me realise just how nice it looks:

2010-01-07-01.jpg

2010-01-07-02.jpg

2010-01-07-03.jpg

2010-01-07-04.jpg

As well, I've never been good with waiting for parcels. I get so damn impatient. At least I know it is getting closer and closer. More information/photos once it gets here:

Your item cleared customs in AUSTRALIA at 9:26 AM on January 12, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

- Out of Foreign Customs, January 12, 2010, 9:26 am, AUSTRALIA

- Into Foreign Customs, January 12, 2010, 9:14 am, AUSTRALIA

- Arrived Abroad, January 12, 2010, 9:14 am, AUSTRALIA

- International Dispatch, January 09, 2010, 10:09 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

- Arrival

- Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 08, 2010

whats in the parcell daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaryl?
K&N Typhoon intake!

Yeah... that one kind of gave itself away. I just couldn't resist the temptation so I went ahead and bought it. More after the sound than anything else.

djk, i could not work out why your 90,000 service was $650.

So I asked my service mate, and I found out it's a major service for the aurion as you guys only service every 15000 according to the book

So in effect it's a 80,000 service. By doing it yourself, while I respect your mechanical ability, congrats on taking value off the resale of a good looking aurion when it's time to sell. I personally won't by a car unless all the stamps are there.

Sometimes I think DIY is not the best way forward.

whitestivo

... congrats on taking value off the resale of a good looking aurion when it's time to sell.

Who ever said that I was going to be selling it any time soon? Thanks for the heads up, but without understanding my intentions with this car, making a judgement like that may or may not be relevant.

I have said many times that I plan to keep this car for a long time. I will literally be keeping it until it's to the point that it won't have much of a resale value regardless of how it was serviced. Remember, it's up to 91,000km and I've only been driving it for 1.5 years. This thing is going to have lots of distance on it. That alone will take a good chunk out of resale.

I think you also forgot the details mentioned in the first post. Remember it was a 'flood damaged' repairable write-off and will always carry that title on the Vcheck report. That alone will already have an effect on the resale value. On top of that, it is also an ex-rental and I'm sure some people out there would avoid such cars as well.

Fact of the matter, resale is not my concern. Making this car last on the other hand is something I care about.

Edit: I'll just throw in some figures just for fun. Lets say for a car of this age, it's average resale is at most about 2/3 of it's new value. That would be something like $25,000 in an ideal situation; and that's with less mileage than I have on mine.

Now for me, I'm not really paying attention to those figures because all I payed for my car is $18,000 and it doesn't have a great history when looked at on paper. So let's say I can get back 2/3 of that value. That is $12,000; meaning I have lost $6000 on the value of the car. I don't know what buyers out there are like, but if I put this up for sale at $12,000, I'm sure someone would be interested. Anyways, it's besides the point. This car is staying with me for a while. If I upgrade, this will just be my run-around.

whats in the parcell daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaryl?
K&N Typhoon intake!

Yeah... that one kind of gave itself away. I just couldn't resist the temptation so I went ahead and bought it. More after the sound than anything else.

I cheated because I saw your post on TN

good job on finally getting the intake mate, go for a ride in michaels car tomorw night if he is there and listen to mine. sound is insane! ull be hitting redline twice as much now he he. i knew u would convert some day lol

good job on finally getting the intake mate, go for a ride in michaels car tomorw night if he is there and listen to mine. sound is insane! ull be hitting redline twice as much now he he. i knew u would convert some day lol

I already know how it sounds :P. That was by accident. Was flooring it onto the highway when my upper hose from before came loose directly at the throttle body. Sounded really wicked... and surprisingly still ran for the next kilometre until I could pull over.

I was constantly switching back and forward in my mind. Finally caved in and decided to go all out for the K&N because it is a professionally made one with heatshield. Now I just have to wait for slow 'ol Australia Post to get it to my door.

Hitting redline twice as much? I don't think that's physically possible with me.