DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh cool, so are the new clear lights from the new aurions the exact same size as the light on the first aurion? If so i might get some for our aurion.

Well guys, you can bag out the tail lights all you want.

It's all over red rover.

Please spare me on the lecture about how much of a stupid reaction I had today. I completely understand that I had taken the incorrect approach to the situation so I don't need anyone else to really remind me of that. I am quite depressed about it all as it is.

So basically I was on the drive to Lorne whith my Dad. Just driving down the road having a conversation like usual. I'm on the left hand lane and as I'm drivng along at 100km/h (cruise control set), I hada roo hop across the road heading from the right hand side of the road to the left.

Due to a bad split second decision, I had swerved to the left (as I saw the roo hop out from the right), and in the process, my front left tire got onto the gravel on the side of the road and the momentum of the car meant that both wheels then made it onto the embankment, and once that occured... it was pretty much fate to determine the rest. It had 'launched' off the embankment and pretty much followed the dirt along the side of the road about 1 metre below the actual road level. Brake pretty much had no action here, it was just the dirt that was there to slow the car down. The windscreen was immediately overed in dirt so the pending fate could not be seen. At the end of it all, my rear bumper was about 100 metres back from where the car had come to a stop.

Everything happened so fast, but after looking at it all afterwards and having the police assess everything for their report, we then realised just how lucky we were to survive this accident. Of all the trees that we possibly could have hit head on, we managed to avoid them. If it wasn't for this stump that was laying on it's side, we would have gone straight into another stump that would definitely not budge. The left side of the car took most of the impact but managed to bounce us off course enough to be just in the clear.

So my old man and I managed to escape with no serious injuries. My old man took most of the force and just has a little bit of ache here and there but nothing serious. I have a sore shoulder and ankle but nothing more serious than a light muscle ache. Both of us are a little sore from where the seatbelt makes contact with your body, but I guess that's to be expected.

I must say from all this, I am quite impressed at how durable the Aurion was during the incident. Depite the fact it sounded so so painful as it made it's encounter with the ground, it absorbed the impact well. I also felt like my heart was torn out afterwards. But as the police said, we are damn lucky that it's only the car that is done for.

Sure the insurance can take care of it, but it's just not the same. I will truely miss this car. So depressed.

OMG... Another bad luck.. Sorry to hear this Daryl.. It's sad to see her in such current state.. I feel you.. :(. Be grateful both you and ur old man are fine

Edited by VF-X

ah... 5ucks man ....

Sorry to hear that dude ....

Glad all is good with you and your old man. Did you manage to get to where you need to and sort everything out after?

Ouch man that's such a shame! SO much time and effort you put into your car and to see it like this! Good to hear you and your old man are both OK, but really sorry to see your car like that.

AAMI organised a hire car so we can continue everything that was planned. It will be assessed in Dubbo and will pretty much stay here unless AAMI choose to repair... which I extrememly doubt. Everything critical is bent and it's just a mess. I'm also pretty sure the engine has injested some dirt. The shock of the impact managed to knock my pod filter off the SRI.

I guess I better start searching for a replacement.

Daryl, seeing the photos you sent me this afternoon and talking to you made me really sad... and having lost a car that i loved (My SA63) due to circumstances out of my control I know how you feel.

As much as cars are just big inanimate lumps of metal, when you spend the time and put in the effort you did you form a bond of sorts with them... they turn from a hunk of metal in to something that almost seems alive...

As much as you are depressed about it right now (and rightfully so!) just remember once everything is sorted out, you will be able to find yourself a new love...

edit: also, if they decide to write it off, make sure you get as many of your mods as you can off.

Holy *****! Thank God you and your Dad are ok man. That's the most important.

I can understand how upset you can be though after all the hard work and money spent on it. But at the end of the day all that matters is that you and your Dad are ok.

Take it easy mate!

That's quite unfortunate, and I'm sorry for your loss - though as others have alluded too at least I only mean your car when I say that.

I have to be honest, that pretty much looks to be a guaranteed write-off, and even if you did repair it, after that kind of damage it would never be the same car to drive.

To your credit, you're able to identify and admit where you were at fault in this incident, and hopefully if nothing else there is a good lesson in this experience. For those who don't already know, don't swerve for wildlife - brake, and if you can't avoid an impact, take it head on.

Hopefully insurance will pay up without any major hassle, and you can close off this chapter of your motoring life, keep all the fond memories of this car, and look forward to the next chapter, whatever that may be. Ultimately, like women, cars cost you a lot and tend to come and go, but you have different experiences with each and take away some memories of the times you had together.

All the best for the future.

Pics aren't working for me, but given the description of the accident + user comments I don't think I want to see them.

Once again Daryl, sorry to hear about the news. At least you and your dad didn't end up like the 2 who died on Fairfield road today: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...722-952,00.html.

Take it easy man.

damn man, sorry to hear about the crash.. but as everyone has said, glad that you're all okay.

hard to see the car that everyone looks up to in such a sad state :(

but on the up side, once insurance ponies up, we gonna see another kickass aurion?

damn man, sorry to hear about the crash.. but as everyone has said, glad that you're all okay.

hard to see the car that everyone looks up to in such a sad state :(

but on the up side, once insurance ponies up, we gonna see another kickass aurion?

Yeah man, look on the bright side, just thank god you and your dad got out okay!

And hey, insurance might pay up, I'm insured for $26,000. I know what I would be doing with that money, getting another Aurion. ;)

I remember you saying few days ago you gave her a clean and put on the new lights, what a turn of events. I've been thinking about this all night, out of all people man. Seriously I feel for you, as another Aurion owner it would absolutely kill me if anything happened to mine. Hope your making it out okay man. :unsure:

Edited by unique

Sorry to hear about the crash.. at least ure ok :D

There will always be ups and downs in life.. :) just be greatful ure alive n kicking! :D

U managed to whip up a hell sexy aurion.. Im sure whatever u choose to purchase next will also be a sexy beast :D

Cheer up!

I just opened this thread today and started reading from the first post all the way... I was so excited to read on and on just to see what will be the next add-on. Finally, when I reached the last page and saw your car's final condition, I felt terrible. So sorry man, hope you will recover from your sorrow and will find a new excitement.

Best regards, Alex

Shocking images!

you and your father are really lucky nothing happened to you guys... cars can be replaced but people can't.

and yes, that car is a writeoff

you should also see a GP/ doctor for a checkup.. just in case...

best wishes Chrono