DJKOR

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh also... i forgot to mention...

dont look at my car as an example of what black cars look like...

my car lives 24/7 outside... and i live in a developing area (read: dust/dirt in the air) and i work in a developing area (read: dust/dirt in the air!)... so its constantly getting dirty from all the sh!t around me... :(

when i had my wrx, i was living at taringa... and even though it lived outside 24/7, it was still pretty clean cause obviously taringa isnt really a developing area... lol

ok my take on this:

you're probably better off getting the black.

reason:

silver is certainly easier to maintain, but fact is; you and 99% of us are car freaks. we look after our cars better than the average joe.

silver will look nice shined up, but will never give you the "pop" of the black

if you buy the silver, you will probably regret not buying the black.

if you buy the black, you may grumble every now and then about the extra upkeep, but when you see the results you can acheive from some time and effort... well lets just say you will feel guilty of ever having a negative thought about her :P

while i still maintain the white or red is the best colour for the TRD, black certainly dosent look "bad" by any way... (personal pref)

end of the day - get the black and put in the extra effort, however busy you may be, i believ for us car freaks, we will always find time.

nothing worse than buying a car and regretting later on. ;)

my 2c. hope it helps mate :)

ok my take on this:

you're probably better off getting the black.

reason:

silver is certainly easier to maintain, but fact is; you and 99% of us are car freaks. we look after our cars better than the average joe.

silver will look nice shined up, but will never give you the "pop" of the black

if you buy the silver, you will probably regret not buying the black.

if you buy the black, you may grumble every now and then about the extra upkeep, but when you see the results you can acheive from some time and effort... well lets just say you will feel guilty of ever having a negative thought about her :P

while i still maintain the white or red is the best colour for the TRD, black certainly dosent look "bad" by any way... (personal pref)

end of the day - get the black and put in the extra effort, however busy you may be, i believ for us car freaks, we will always find time.

nothing worse than buying a car and regretting later on. ;)

my 2c. hope it helps mate :)

Totally agree with Davo, end of the day it should be a purchase that makes u smile when u look at your car every now and then. Daryl, i bet you smile pretty often when you used to look at your RED sportivo and the many comments and praise u received from others.. so the question is which colour will make u smile more often.. "Follow your heart" bro.. :spiteful::spiteful:

I'd say silver although black is absolutely stunning when it is taken care of.

Why silver? I know that you'll travel a large distance with your car...interstate etc. Chips on the front bar will be inevitable and they will show up on a black car more so than a silver.

I also like the whole two tone/contrast it has but if you had a black car, it's all the same dark colour.

Black cars don't usually stay clean very long. I own a black car and after a wash, I usually take it for a drive and upon arrival of my destination, the car is already covered in a thin layer of dust. (Very noticeable might I add)

My order of preference would probably be

1. Red (makes your car go faster...cliche but on a serious note, has that aggressive but luxurious feel to it)

2. Silver (may be bland but is very easy to maintain)

3. White (takes away the luxurious feel IMO)

4. Black (reasons stated above)

That's my two-cents anyways.

also think about rego and insurence if you get TRD a fair wack more the SX/ZR6

Actually... believe it or not... my premium is $40 cheaper if I insure the TRD compared to my SX6. No one has a proper answer to that, not even AAMI who say that they guess it's what the system says.

Well, I guess in a few weeks time, it will be revealed which colour choice I go for. Ultimately though, it will mostly come down to which one I personally feel is in better condition, whether it be silver or black. I'm at about 50/50 with the colour.

I will also be researching those really thin clear car bra things they can put on your front end. If it looks very discrete, I will definitely get one for it. Stone chips are common from driving where I drive.

Get silver :D. But seriously, silver always looks clean even after being pounded by rain. I was driving through the Melbourne storm few days ago and I still have not had time to clean the car but it still looks very clean to the point where I feel as though it does not need a clean.

Black, clean it. Go for a drive and then the dust settled around the car sticks out like dogs balls. A clean car freaks worst nightmare.

yeah, ive heard really good things about those clear car bra thingys...

i dont know if over time the "shin" will fade though...

either way, you're gonna love the TRD man... :D

have you driven one yet? if not, you're more than welcome to take mine for a thrash next time you're in brissie... :)

have you driven one yet? if not, you're more than welcome to take mine for a thrash next time you're in brissie... :)

Wow.. Is this offer only for Daryl or for any1 in the forum? :P Coz I've never thrashed an Aurion b4, let alone a TRD.. :lol: :lol:

:lol: just for daryl and a few select brissie members... :P

daryl, well, cause he basically built this car... :lol:

What about few select non-brissie members?? :P

I got ur lights as hostage.. :spiteful:

Edited by VF-X

Lol ok. If we ever meet and I have the car, I'll let you drive it.

Yes Mick, you're one of them. Lol.

Hell. I'd probably let anyone drive it. But only once the fuel prices go down. I fuqn paid 151.9 tonight!!! Full tank too. Cost me $80!! Lol

I would have done a half fill, but I only saw the price after I finished filling her up. Haha.

Lol ok. If we ever meet and I have the car, I'll let you drive it.

Yes Mick, you're one of them. Lol.

Hell. I'd probably let anyone drive it. But only once the fuel prices go down. I fuqn paid 151.9 tonight!!! Full tank too. Cost me $80!! Lol

I would have done a half fill, but I only saw the price after I finished filling her up. Haha.

God we pay that on a regular basis down in the poorer country. :P

So used to it that when I went up to brissy, i saw it was $1.19 or something for premium and i was OMFG WTF. :P lol Bloody qlders, dont pay taxes on thier fuel. :(

Thanks for the offer Ash, but I've already given Elgin's TRD a test drive so I know what they feel like. Certainly felt different, but what was felt the most is feel from the drivers seat. You know how when you get you seat set up right and get used to it, then everything else feels different. But apart from that, it's all familiar driving... just a little more fun.

Plus your car isn't exactly one that I would feel comfortable driving in a spirited fashion. It's just your car seems so new still.

In the meantime, I'm on the way to Dubbo now to return the hire car (it's my old man's driving shift), and then stop by the towing depot to remove my plates from the car, and my precious SD card out of the GPS that holds some valuable trip statistics on it :ph34r:

Then say my final goodbyes.

Also still waiting on AAMI's payments department to call me up to sort the payment out. I'm guessing that due to the unfortunate series of events, they are pretty busy at the moment.

Thanks for the offer Ash, but I've already given Elgin's TRD a test drive so I know what they feel like. Certainly felt different, but what was felt the most is feel from the drivers seat. You know how when you get you seat set up right and get used to it, then everything else feels different. But apart from that, it's all familiar driving... just a little more fun.

Plus your car isn't exactly one that I would feel comfortable driving in a spirited fashion. It's just your car seems so new still.

In the meantime, I'm on the way to Dubbo now to return the hire car (it's my old man's driving shift), and then stop by the towing depot to remove my plates from the car, and my precious SD card out of the GPS that holds some valuable trip statistics on it :ph34r:

Then say my final goodbyes.

Tell her that we'll all miss her when you do your final goodbyes. :)

Well I have said my final goodbyes to Sam. She was such a lovely car. Just saying goodbye to her was enough to want to bring me to tears. Such a sad moment. So with that said... this was the last time I saw her:

dsc05772c.jpg

And since she is resting here in Dubbo... here is one I took on the way to the Annual Meet in Melbourne last year:

DSC03942.JPG