DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

Well I have said my final goodbyes to Sam. She was such a lovely car. Just saying goodbye to her was enough to want to bring me to tears. Such a sad moment. So with that said... this was the last time I saw her:

dsc05772c.jpg

Goodbye Sam. It was an honour to meet her, most definately. :)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really surprised you didn't take more off the car. I mean, you have the parts to replace them. Like the rear lights, steering wheel, headunit.

R.I.P Sam.

I am really surprised you didn't take more off the car. I mean, you have the parts to replace them. Like the rear lights, steering wheel, headunit.

R.I.P Sam.

The assessor would have taken photos of the car. I'm pretty sure AAMI would like to recover as much as they can from the car, so if I removed anything from it, I don't want to risk them using this against me for any which reason. I wouldn't have been able to replace them for the simple fact that the car is in Dubbo and everything I took off it is in Brisbane. AAMI said they will be planning on taking it late today or on Monday.

I figured, the TRD will already have the TRD steering wheel, I will rather have tinted stock tail lights on a TRD (which I now have a complete set at home to experiment with), and the headunit... well that is an unfortunate loss (as it was a birthday present from all my mates), but then again I can now get that new HD head unit. I had a good hard look as well and figured the intake wouldn't fit either, which is a bit of a bummer because an intake on the TRD would sound sweet. I guess this one is going to be a CES job.

i swear to god daryl... if you put an intake on the trd before i get one on mine, i will literally key your car!!! :lol:

:ph34r:

nah just kidding... hahaha

from what i heard of my intake just free revving the car, an intake on a trd is a MUST!! :lol:

shame about the tail lights though... you only just got them... and from the pics, they look undamaged... :(

i was actually thinking the other day... it was a good thing i was able to take a couple of shots of your car at the cruise... sure, they're not the best, but at least they're something to remember her by... :)

I don't even want to think to the fact I'll have to sell mine someday.. I understand how you feel Daryl. She's a beauty..... :(. Good car with lots of memories.. She'll be missed here.

Edited by VF-X

i was actually thinking the other day... it was a good thing i was able to take a couple of shots of your car at the cruise... sure, they're not the best, but at least they're something to remember her by... :)

Last shots of her alive? They could be worth a mint! ;)

RIP Sam.

Shame you couldn't get some of your mods off her, though. Few pennies worth there, I'd imagine.

Couldn't really put them on a new car, though, anyway. Would be a bit like giving your new girlfriend your old girlfriend's sexy underwear. It just wouldn't be right.

Couldn't really put them on a new car, though, anyway. Would be a bit like giving your new girlfriend your old girlfriend's sexy underwear. It just wouldn't be right.

I like that. I think I will sig that.

I thought of the idea with the intake and my old man said that it will be a jinx if I did it. Best to let it go.

That is so true... and I thank you for that. I got all the final photos I needed like the wheels, tail lights, and intake. Oh the memories. I might have to hit you up some time for the full res shots if you still have them.

Any news? Hope things went well with AAMI.

So far... still no further news.

I am a fair bit fed up with the service at the moment, but also I feel a bit neutral at the same time.

It was 10 days ago that they called me to say my details have been passed on to their payments division to get that all sorted and they will call me in a few days. Ten days later and I still haven't had a call. I called them up two days ago to make sure I didn't miss anything, and was just told that it shows there as authorised and they will call shortly.

I guess it's all comes down to priority at the moment. No doubt they would be overwhelmed with claims and considering they cover home insurance as well, these are much more important than a vehicle.

Luckily I'm still in Adelaide until the 9th of April working in the CBD without the need for a car.

Well to update on all this, I was starting to get worried that it may take a while before this all gets sorted. It was 14 days ago that they said they would call me (in a few days) to organise payment and up to this time, I still haven't received a call. I thought I would just be sure and rang home then and asked for any letters with no indication of where they came from to be opened.

And with a sigh of relief, there is my cheque from AAMI. I guess I can say that I'm happy that everything was sorted out... but it still would have been nice to get a call from them. Either way though, that's sorted, so all I have to do now is wait for it to be deposited and then I can organise a new set of wheels.

Oh the dilemma begins again. Well the black TRD I was looking at before in NSW is no longer for sale/sold, so that takes it off the list. However, in addition to the silver on that is available here in SA, there is also a black one. Both have similar k's on the clock, are in the same condition, and cost roughly the same. Only thing is, the black one has a set of aftermarket wheels on it, where I would think the TRD ones would be the better ones to have. They still look alright though.

So now the black vs. silver argument has started in my head again... despite already realising which would be the wiser choice.

The black one has a tow bar, just in case you missed that.

Go for the one with TRD racing colours all over it, haha...but it's an 3500S...so that's a no.

But i see two silver 3500SL's in Adelaide. And a few back in QLD.

Edited by u54mot

It's gotta be a black one Daryl...

Saw a black 3500SL in VIC for $55 large and I nearly wet myself haha. Then again it was optioned with everything I have now on the ZR6. Sat nav and moonroof. and in black.... mmmmmm cant afford it :(

The black one has a tow bar, just in case you missed that.

Yuck. Lucky you were paying attention mate. I didn't quite flick through all the photos. Definitely not on the list anymore. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's gotta be a black one Daryl...

I know, it's so tempting. But I don't think I can handle cleaning it daily for it to look perfect.

Saw a black 3500SL in VIC for $55 large and I nearly wet myself haha. Then again it was optioned with everything I have now on the ZR6. Sat nav and moonroof. and in black.... mmmmmm cant afford it :(

Unfortunately, my budget does not really accommodate such a high price tag.

I'm not the one for spending a huge amount on my daily driver. It just happens that the payout ended up recovering the cost of the car itself, plus a fair bit more so I feel like being a bit conservative with my spending.

I'm not the one for spending a huge amount on my daily driver. It just happens that the payout ended up recovering the cost of the car itself, plus a fair bit more so I feel like being a bit conservative with my spending.

I do understand that, it is a bit of money and I wouldn't dare spend $50,000 on one. maybe 40-42 but thats it.

:( ... It was one of the first few cars I looked at when I first joined this forum. I remembered it as one of the best Aurions I've ever seen.

I feel for your loss...

On the other hand, TRD is just around the corner... highly anticipated no doubt.

daryl, imo, definitely get one with the stock rims... if they have aftermarket rims, then make sure they come with the std rims too...

i know the trd isnt a really unique car, but its sort of unique... and imo, the more std parts you have, the easier it will be to sell when time comes to sell...

just my personal opinion though... :)

also, the more i've thought about it, go with silver... i think you'll regret the black purely because you wont have a 'clean looking' car 100% of the time...

again, personal opinion... :)

Black cars are like chicks that look good AFTER they have had a shower , done their hair and put on all their makeup.

Silver cars are like chicks that look good nearly all of the time.

Black cars are like chicks that look good AFTER they have had a shower , done their hair and put on all their makeup.

Silver cars are like chicks that look good nearly all of the time.

LOL. Love it.

To update on this, while I was at work today, I thought I would call up the guy selling the silver TRD here. Luckily enough, he lives in the city and works in the city. This would explain it's low k's. Conveniently he took it in for a service today and offered to swing by my hotel across the road from where I am working so that I can inspect it.

I must say, at first I was questioning about getting silver, but the moment I saw it in the flesh... I was hooked. I had a good talk with him and inspected the car... and made my decision to buy it. The car is completely immaculate. A deposit has now been made to secure the deal as well since there also happens to be someone else interested in it. The other person interested happens to be a Queenslander as well, so if you are on here or come across this... sorry mate.

And it is Build Number 0098.