DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words. Makes me feel so much better. It's to the point now that I can fairly easily not think about it all, but every now and again, I just realise that it actually did happen and that she is now gone.

Time to upgrade to a TRD Aurion?

Funny you mention that. Provided that I get paid out in full since I am pretty sure this car is a write-off (unles I am really thinking of getting another Aurion mainly because I still love the car for what it is, plus I have good faith in them now with respect to safety.

At first I thought since I really love the Wildfire colour (and because that's what I had), I was thinking of maybe using my money to get an 07 Sportivo ZR6 with sunroof and keeping whatever cash was remaining. One reason I want the ZR6 is the Smart Entry. It's one of those gimmicks that I want. I then realised that this option probably isn't really the best choice, so then my next idea was to add about $10k and get say a 2009 facelift Sportivo SX6. I'm not much of a fan when it comes to the new Sportivo's though. But this option then means I will have a new car etc, etc.

My other option though is to get a TRD. I would have to get a 3500SL since if I'm getting a TRD, I'll want the Smart Entry as well. Options are fairly limited, but I have found one for sale in Adelaide where I happen to be working in a couple of weeks time. This one would require that I add on about $10k to my insurance payout, pretty much like if I was to get the facelift SX6. Only thing is, the TRD is a 2007 model, however only has 18,000km on the clock. It is silver in colour (like yours David), so it doesn't quite feel the same to me, even though I have no issues with the colour.

So while I wait for this insurance to sort itself out, I have some thinking to do. Depite the TRD being a 2007 model and being a second hand car, I am still leaning more towards it just due to the fact that it is the TRD.

as per my txt msg daryl...

Sorry mate. Nothing came through to my phone, but I understand. Thanks for the generosity as well. I should be fine though. I plan to have everything sorted out so once I return to Brissy, I should have a set of wheels again. Slightly more critical because I will be filling a full time position on my return which requires that I have a car.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well just had a chance to check the forums before I go away and look what I find sad news DJ old mate but good news you are well, will chat soon take it easy and as a few of the other boys have said if you need anything just yell out mate you are a great supporter of the community here and Im sure some of us would be glad to give something back in return

chin up

cheers

Hi Daryl

As has been said many times already, really really sorry to see your pride and joy destroyed so quickly. At the very least you and your dad are alive and well...you cannot put a price on that.

On a positive note, I guess you can now start planning (once insurance is sorted) your new adventure, and I'm sure it is something we'll all enjoy watching.

Take it easy mate, Michael

Personally, I'd get the same colour If I were you Daryl. I'll be missing my old car way too much, I don't want to change the colour of it just because I once had a red and it'll be a good to have a change. We all know you like the Wildfire red the BEST.

Seeing you as a very Aurion expert, I'd say you really have to go the TRD. I know the new Aurion has a lot of cool features, but with the TRD, you'd really have your fun. Seeing you in the forum so far, I think you are more into performance, and a little bit about the looks. Hey, TRD did the job for you. And you can improve it here and there. And Ash will have a friend! :D.

I'm not much of a fan when it comes to the new Sportivo's though

Either get a ZR6 or TRD. Smart entry isnt the best choice, but it's the best feature. It wouldn't hurt to have it if u really want it badly.

Keep looking for it, you'll find it. I'll tell you If I ever stumbled to one..

Unfortunately when it comes to the TRD, Wildfire and Smart Entry do no go together. Real bummer there because I would love a Wildfire TRD. Other thing is that I'd preferably want something with lower K's.

Yeah I know the Smart Entry is a little bit on the gimmick side, but damn I love the concept.

Hey buddy i'm still stunned about what happened and was thinking about it a lot yesterday at work (just kept picturing your bent baby in my head) once again soooo glad you and your dad are fine,great to hear your already thinking of your next car/project and going with Toyota again proves your love for em,good onya mate. ;)

I personally would look at the TRD after all it is at the top of our auto food chain,and one thing they have that sh!ts on smart entry is that shiny red SUPERCHARGER sitting so proud on top of the engine,also DJKOR with a TRD just sounds right and IMO the TRD's don't come in any bad colors but a white one would be very sexy. :wub:

Good luck mate.

Lee

DJK

Your mildly mofidied sportivo was faster around the blacktop than a TRD. I'm going to suggest in a straight line they are better, but on the black top, i'd have your tyre frying sportivo

maybe it was just elg's sht driving,

whitestivo

Daryl mate,

I am deeply sorry for what has happened to you and your car, bad things always happen to good people :(

Its really REALLY good that both of you are alright from what had happened...

Hopefully you'll move on from all of this, and step into a nice and tidy TRD, with those tailights ;)

All the best mate :D

Evo

Unfortunately when it comes to the TRD, Wildfire and Smart Entry do no go together. Real bummer there because I would love a Wildfire TRD.

Respray? :P

Unfortunately when it comes to the TRD, Wildfire and Smart Entry do no go together. Real bummer there because I would love a Wildfire TRD.

Respray? :P

f*ck wildfire, go flat black then :D

Omg Darryl I cannot believe it! :( I am so so sad to hear what happened mate and I am glad to see that both your dad and yourself have not been hurt during the accident.

I know exactly how you feel since it happened to me a while ago. I hope everything works out and once you will get your new car you will stop being so sad. :)

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words. Makes me feel so much better. It's to the point now that I can fairly easily not think about it all, but every now and again, I just realise that it actually did happen and that she is now gone.
Time to upgrade to a TRD Aurion?

Funny you mention that. Provided that I get paid out in full since I am pretty sure this car is a write-off (unles I am really thinking of getting another Aurion mainly because I still love the car for what it is, plus I have good faith in them now with respect to safety.

At first I thought since I really love the Wildfire colour (and because that's what I had), I was thinking of maybe using my money to get an 07 Sportivo ZR6 with sunroof and keeping whatever cash was remaining. One reason I want the ZR6 is the Smart Entry. It's one of those gimmicks that I want. I then realised that this option probably isn't really the best choice, so then my next idea was to add about $10k and get say a 2009 facelift Sportivo SX6. I'm not much of a fan when it comes to the new Sportivo's though. But this option then means I will have a new car etc, etc.

My other option though is to get a TRD. I would have to get a 3500SL since if I'm getting a TRD, I'll want the Smart Entry as well. Options are fairly limited, but I have found one for sale in Adelaide where I happen to be working in a couple of weeks time. This one would require that I add on about $10k to my insurance payout, pretty much like if I was to get the facelift SX6. Only thing is, the TRD is a 2007 model, however only has 18,000km on the clock. It is silver in colour (like yours David), so it doesn't quite feel the same to me, even though I have no issues with the colour.

So while I wait for this insurance to sort itself out, I have some thinking to do. Depite the TRD being a 2007 model and being a second hand car, I am still leaning more towards it just due to the fact that it is the TRD.

as per my txt msg daryl...

Sorry mate. Nothing came through to my phone, but I understand. Thanks for the generosity as well. I should be fine though. I plan to have everything sorted out so once I return to Brissy, I should have a set of wheels again. Slightly more critical because I will be filling a full time position on my return which requires that I have a car.

RED TRD 2007 MODEL FOR SALE SYDNEY (nsw) ON THE TRADING POST SITE. 19,300 K'S; $41,000 NEGOTIABLE CONTACT # 04142773493, Whilst it's got a few more k's they say it's in excellent condition, $10,000 cheaper than the other one might be worth a look !!!

I know I am very late in all of this but I am so glad to hear that both you and your dad are safe and on the mend :) Whilst this would be absolutely heartbreaking (that was one hell of an Aurion!) I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason and there will be an upside to all of this, possibly a shiny near-new TRD :D

Best of luck to you with the insurance and the hunt for a new car, will be looking forward to what you can produce before the meet in June ;)

*out of breath* I ran all the way from Facebook, got here as quick as I could.....

Just glad you and the old boy are alright mate. Try to enjoy your trip, don't worry about anything until you get back. Although I bet you will have mentally spent the whole insurance payout by the time you reach home :) haha

Mate I rarely venture out of the Aurion section of the forums, and I truly sorry to hear about your misfortune. Your car was amongst the most modified Aurions out there, and the workmanship clearly showed. You have my deepest sympathy, but like others have said at least you and your dad are fine, which is the most important thing.

If you were to go for another Aurion, I would strongly recommend the TRD - not just because it's a fantastic car, but it will help you emotionally as well as you could think that something good might actually come from this and will lead to better things down the track!

Keep your chin up, things will get better

stoked you got out of it with your old man in one piece mate. Sucks about the car but it did it's job in that it protected you both and you walked away! hopefully you find a suitable replacement when the time comes. The question on everyones mind? will it be an Aurion?

Thanks once again guys. I'm a believer in fate/destiny so this event was just one of those things that was meant to happen in my life. It's kind of starting to become forgotten now and my emotional connection with the car is becoming slightly less. I guess I have come to the realisation that no matter what I think, she ain't coming back. I still miss her quite a bit in that when I look back at what I've done to her, it's all just gone. It was a car that I had when I started posting on these forums and it was pretty much how I was recognised.

Like everyone has said though, through sacrifice of my car, my Dad and I were allowed to walk away unharmed. I now have a greater appreciation for the safety that this car has and am definitely going to replace it with another Aurion.

Had a call from AAMI today saying that they are getting their assessor to look at it. The towing company and holding yard has an assessor, but I think AAMI may not believe them if they said it was written-off since in their words to me, they said that "it is insured for a fair bit" and they want to see if it's more economical to repair it.

Personally I think it is stuffed because so many things were pushed and bent in the process of the accident, but we'll see what AAMI say. If they say they want to repair it, I will be asking without hesitation about what they can offer in terms of buyback.

So I guess that tomorrow, all that should be assessed and I can plan which way I go from there.