DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

Holy sh** Daryl!

I am so glad you and your old man are okay. I know exactly how you feel too, I had the same thing happen in a car that I loved so much many years ago.

At first when I opened up the page I thought "oh yeah it's a joke"... Well, it was far from it after reading it.

The Aurion was a good car, starting its life as a flood damaged vehicle, getting it to the level it was. It was absolutely spectacular to see. I am really sorry about the events that occured and I am sure everyone else is too. But without being offensive, cars can be replaced (no matter how much they mean to you), you can't.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey mate...i'm in shock/disbelief atm,so glad you and your dad are ok.

Damn looking at those pics and the condition she is in is really sad,i had a soft spot for this one. :(

I'm really sorry to hear what happened, but the important thing is everyone is okay and the car can be fixed as well, same thing happened to my prelude and now its back up and running..

It's quite sad really though, I've grown attached to my car for the short time i've had it, so I can begin to imagine what your going thru :( All the best mate

Daryl

As one of the rare aurions that's been out to the blacktop and represented brilliantly, I'm very saddened by the loss of this car. That said, the impetus behind the track adventure remains (you) so no doubt, next car will be out there as well.

My my my, that porsche took a beating.

whitestivo

Hey Daryl

Sorry to hear about your accident, I've had a similar experience out in the bush - once you hit the gravel with two wheels its all over - we ended up in a head-on with a Commodore, thankfully like your accident everyone got out ok (we were in an 80's Range Rover at the time with a steel bull bar so came out relatively unscathed, folks in the Commodore were significantly worse off but survived).

All the best, on the upside you now have the chance to use all your experience gained preparing your old car on a whole new project.

Mate,

my heart skipped a beat when tofuboi alerted me to the news. it's a good thing you you feel crap - proof you're alive.

was a real fan of your car, i remember us kicking back in front of HQ here in melb and you explaining all your little tweaks and how your car came to be, sad day indeed.

in the end your car came off a production line... you on the other hand didn't!

should this have been my celica i wouldn't know what to do with my self but i would resolve that if i were alive i would simply say my good byes to my beloved and look to the future.

how it happend, what could have been done is irrelevant because it did happen! you'll be smarter/wiser for it - don't let anyone get you down keep your head up buddy. i'm proof that a positive outlook makes for quick healing (that's another story).

a new beginning perhaps?

i wish you and your old man a speedy mental & physical recovery

much love

-Z

as per my txt msg daryl... im really sorry to read about this...

i hope you and your dad are okay... if there is anything i can do for you, please dont hesitate to ask... after all you've done for me, its the least i can do!!!

hopefully you've gone to the doctors and got a checkup... you never know what you've actually damaged internally until a couple of days later... :(

as someone said before... dont let yourself get down about it... and dont concentrate on "i should have done this instead"... its happened and you cant change it.. just learn from it and move on...

most importantly, look after yourself!

daryl mate, so sorry to hear about this mate. ive watched this car grow from day go. me and you where like aurion brothers man. this has really made me sad looking at those photos! they are so hard to look at after being around this car for so long mate. you have done really well with it and im sure your next car will be something special like this one was. i know how much this aurion meant to you and it guts me even.

all the best with the insurence and the main thing is that you and your old man came out unscaved.

let me know if you need a lift anywhere etc mate im only a call away

speak soon bro

Ahh geez man, that is not good at all.... I was saddened to see the car in such a state! But yeah as everyone has said, you and yours are more important than the car. Its good to see that the old girl protected you guys to the very end.

Rob.

AHHH NO!!! :o That car hasnt had much luck, but at least u guys only got a few aches...you're very lucky mate, sad to see a nice car go, but atleast you are still with us, and able to bring another beast to life.

Daz! Did you seriously need to do a one up on everyone else on the forum again? I mean.... You already know more about Aurions than anyone here, did you really have to see what happens when two wheels leave the pavement or how it handles crashes/embankments?

Holy *****! Its saddening to see such a beautiful Aurion in such a state. Especially after all the time and hard work you've put into her. Good to hear you guys escaped without serious injury. Don't beat yourself up about the decision that caused it, what's happend has happened, and when we get behind the wheel we know that sometimes circumstances require split second decisions. Sometimes these don't turn out to be the best of decisions, but we can't get it right 100% of the time.

On an upside, at least we know it deserves that safety rating.