Any suggestions for better horns ?

riftime

Hi,

I did a quick search on the forum, but nothing useful found on the topic.

I find my Presara's horn too soft. Firstly it doesn't suit the car, secondly I'm not sure that other drivers hear it if their radio is anything above medium. My other cars (Calais and Fairlane) have good / adequate horns, whereas the Aurion is too soft.

I'm not keen on becoming a menace either (no air horns please), but I am wondering if there are any horn replacement units out there that are not as pathetic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

$30 Super Cheap Airhorns FTW.

But I really agree with you there. The Aurion horn does sound really p*** weak and girlie. I just replaced it with two low frequency horns for $14 each from Super Cheap. I did that because at the time I though air horns would be over the top. After having to use my new horns a couple of times, I then realised that you're gonna need something louder to get your point through to the other crap drivers out there.

But yeah, you're not the first one to realise that:

Weak and Wussy Car Horn

Or be a man and go for HornBlasters:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I love the first few seconds of this video.

i always thought that the aurion horn was quite good... well, that was until i got cut off by a 4wd and it KEPT coming into my lane even though i had my hand glued to the horn..

**** stupid dumbass bitch almost run me off the road... :angry:

• 2 years later...

I am a newbie member - Just upgraded from a 2004 Magna to a 2008 Aurion Touring.

I note that the standard horns on the Aurion are not much good, even though they are a matched pair.

I upgraded the Magna from a factory horn to a pair of Stebels and never regretted it.

I assume one can do the same with the Aurion.

My question is: Does the wiring system on a 2008 Aurion Touring with twin horns also include a relay?

If so it will make installation much simpler- just a matter of unplugging the standard factory units, and plugging in a pair of high class horns.

Any advice appreciated.:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Im a Newbie at this. i am quite Keen to get the Horns from Mazda Late Model cars. if i get one is it simple to install or do i need to mess around in the fuse box too...

It will be plug and play (well maybe some modification of the plug, but nothing hard). But a Mazda horn? Really? They sound like clown horns to me.

Most manufacturers of disc type horns recommend that you fit a low tone horn and a high tone horn. This makes a better resonance and a sound which travels further and is more clearly audible. I had two of the same Hella high tone horns on a car some time back and it didn't sound very strong at all. Bought a low one and it sounded heaps better.

I get annoyed at the horn in my BF falcon. It seems to say 'er excuse me - can I get through?' What I want with a horn is a firm 'GET OUT OF MY WAY!!'

Just some food for thought that's not meant to confuse anyone.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/OnlineAutoParts/Items/hf80-2?sck=13902401&caSKU=hf80-2&caTitle=Stebel%20Twin%20Disc%2012%20volt%20Electric%20Horns%20-%20Hi%20%26%20Low%20Tone%20136db

Louder horn? Pffft, people don't even move out of the way for emergency vehicles anymore, and with all their LED lights and sirens, it's not like you can't hear/see them coming. <_<

What we all need are rumblers!! :P

Im a Newbie at this. i am quite Keen to get the Horns from Mazda Late Model cars. if i get one is it simple to install or do i need to mess around in the fuse box too...

It will be plug and play (well maybe some modification of the plug, but nothing hard). But a Mazda horn? Really? They sound like clown horns to me.

Well... mazda was the first one that came to my head... but what other one would you suggest? i dont like air horns...

Train horn sound is maybe a bit much. If you want a really good loud automotive one try the unit off a 2003-5 Holden Astra. Girl in one blasted a guy beside me texting at the lights. Woke me up too.