Chance to vent about idiotic drivers

In context I agree with you guys but I don't feel at any stage I endangered anyone's life. Road rage was probably not the best choice of words, I was a tad angry but I was quite calm.

That's the problem, you don't feel like you've endangered anyone's lives but playing "games" with other drivers who have ****** you off DOES endanger lives, and not just your own. Chances are the person who cut you off didn't think they were doing something dangerous (or just wasn't aware), but it is clear from an outside observer's point of view that it definitely was. Any internal observations will be biased to try and justify your means.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right out of the front of my house which is a 2 lane 50 zone this idiot in a Lexus decides to over take 3 cars by driving on the wrong side of the road. He must have been going 100 when he nearly had a head on with me as I pulled out of my drive way. I couldnt see him because of parked cars and you just assume there is no one on the wrong side of the road speeding towards you.

Dumbest driver in Sydney. Nice car tho.

The streets in my neighborhood are narrow, but people driving their cars like trucks does not help. I mean seriously, whats with the huge turning circles some people take, it's a tiny car you don't need to swing into the opposite lane just to take a turn. The amount of times this week I have had to swerve/quickly stop due to morons swinging into the opposite lane is ridiculous.

I spend a lot of time on the highways so here goes.

-People who wait until the last few moments to overtake, forcing you to brake or accelerate (whichever is safer) in an overtaking lane.

-Tailgaters (bottom bunnies) The closer you get, the slower I go. I'd rather you smash into me at 60km than 100km. Which is related to...

-People who cannot maintain speed (jerky foots). Who either cannot maintain a certain speed by overuse of the accelerator, or bottom bunny so close that maintaining speed becomes impossible.(jerky bottom bunnies)

-Line crossers (lazy susans) who cross into the path of oncoming traffic rather than following the lane around corners. We learnt to draw in the lines in kindergarten, come on people. These people tend to be jerky foots as well since they constantly have to correct their suicidal course and loose speed doing so.

Edited by j3lly

I hate those ppl who think they need to show everyone they have HID's and drive around with HIGH BEAM on! :@ :angry:

Are you sure they are high beems, or they are Aholes that installed much brighter driving lights?

I'm 1000% sure this guy always has his high beams on... Drive past him 1-2 times a week. it's really annoying.... normal HIDs ok im used to it...

where abouts do u live ? I have someone here aswell :(

People that ride their brakes all the time. As well as those that think it's all well and good to pulse their brakes like twice every second while riding their brakes.

Then those that can't stay in their damn lane while following the curve of the road. So annoying when you are in the lane next to them and they creep over into your lane and you can move to the right any further because of on-coming traffic. FFS. As well as those that can't even stay in their lane on a straight section of road.

Stupid black Aurion driver in Lidcombe tonight. Decided to speed past me on a dark road on the wrong side of the road. Then doesn't slow down and flies through a stop sign. Then it decides to switch its' headlights off and speed even more.

^ Fark that is reckless. Those drivers should not be anywhere near a public road.

My vent is about what I have already mentioned earlier about people who don't move out of the right lane. More of an expansion on that topic.

I just don't get what is with those people that stick in the right lane regardless. Really gets up my nerves even more when its the far right lane of a multilane highway. Like there could be a completely empty left lane, and when you approach them when they are in the right lane, they just don't move over.

What's puzzles me even more is when you tail them for a bit and they realise so they move over into the (empty) left lane, then once you have overtaken them, they move back into the right lane. WTF.

• 3 weeks later...

bring this back to life...

1BXP 800 champagne colour camry sportivo (previous generation)

your reckless driving last night not only put myself in danger, but the car next to me and it's passengers, and my 6 year old neice.

you were driving along Marmion Ave at approx 8:10pm when you stupidly decided to wedge yourself between my car and the 4wd which was about 2-3metres ahead on me in the next lane. causing me to brake suddenly.

i can only pray that you only wrap yourself around a tree and not some poor innocent family.

{end rant}

• 2 weeks later...

Melbourne taxi drivers tend to give me the ****s.

Drivers that reverse park into their parking spots.

Fair dinkum , do these space cadets hope to make a quick getaway after robbing a bank or 7-11 ?

It takes them twice as long to park their cars than it would if they just drove in to the parking bay and what about if they need to put something in the boot when they get back to the car ?

Reverse parking into a parking bay is a sure sign of a moron.

Drivers that try to get onto the freeway from the on-ramp at 70-80 klms/hr ; then everybody that comes up behind them is forced to slow down.

People that drive high-performance cars like a granny on her way to church.

okayyyy just pass an intersection in granville that says left turn must turn left ! So this d i c k decide to floor it and pass everyone in front, while there was a cop car at the red lights on the left hand side. On there left was this smoking hottie, copper eyes were pretty much on that girl not the road. Seriously what are they doing ? LOL

Drivers who seem to not realise they have high beams on especially during the day...

Had an idiot in a black WH Caprice a car behind with them on this afternoon heading home... he still failed to notice even in the tunnel.

Dont even get me started...

1: People who sit at 60-70 in a bloody 100 zone!

2: people who cant merge.

3: people who wander into other lanes with no notice...

4: ones who dont give way. (happened to me twice. almost hit the **** prick!(bashed him up-hit))

5: Road rage drivers... happened to me once, plenty of room to change lanes, the **** sped up and tapped my bumper!!! lets just say i was out of there quicker than two rabbits in mating season...

6: people who dont bother to see if they have a headlight/taillight out. my most personal pet hate.

7: people who ride their brakes for no reason at all!!!

I AGREE 100%

there is a lot more but most inportant

8. Trucks that are in the right lane but you cant over take because theirs a truck in the left lane, there must be a law ALL TRUCKS MUST STAY IN THE LEFT LANE

• 3 months later...

Fair dinkum , do these space cadets hope to make a quick getaway after robbing a bank or 7-11 ?

It takes them twice as long to park their cars than it would if they just drove in to the parking bay and what about if they need to put something in the boot when they get back to the car ?

You'd be surprised the number of workplaces and industries which are now starting to mandate reverse-parking on-site, ours has just started doing this as of last week, the theory being that it reduces the risk of reversing into pedestrians and traffic when leaving in the afternoon.

Also, think about how much extra vision you get when exiting if you have reversed in - normally you just slowly edge your rear-end out and hope that any on-coming traffic notices and slows down, or you can get out far enough in order to see what is coming. If you reverse in, (and everyone else is reversed too), then you barely have to move forward before you get excellent vision in both directions (especially if you can look over the bonnets of the cars beside you)

Only just saw this one now. Seriously, how can you call someone a moron simply because they choose to reverse park? Where would it say that proper etiquette states that you should not reverse park? People can feel free to park how they want. Are you seriously in that much of a rush that you can't wait the extra seconds that it takes for them to park... because I can't see how this would affect you otherwise.

On a side note... I reverse park into EVERY parking space unless conditions make this impossible or pointless (angle parking etc). I personally find it easier to reverse park because your trailing wheels are the ones that do the steering and that's what makes it easier for me.

On the topic of reverse parking, I hate those idiots that are following you through a car park and when you indicate to show you are going to take a spot, they continue to ride your a** when you drive past the space on the other side of the 'lane' (clearly showing you will reverse park), therefore making it annoying to reverse park.

Edit: Wow, that turned out a bit longer than required. Shows how slow the day is going.

That statement makes you look like a moron.

I don't need to restate the same things said above. Reverse parking is much easier and safer than forward parking.

It is much easier to get your car straight when reverse parking. Anyone who doesn't and/or can not reverse park is a moron!

99% of the time I reverse park, when you have a large car you basically have no choice but to.

I live in a country area, down here we get lots of tourists. Between the different towns there's at least 30kms of winding roads lined with trees with often only 1 or 2 overtaking lanes. The tourists sit on about 40-50kms in their crappy camper van, The limit on all the roads is 110... They very rarely pull over to let you over take, a few times I've just sat there with my finger on the horn until they pull over (and I have the worlds loudest horn). Another one is when people on the single lane roads(that's single lane as in the traffic coming both ways shares one lane) sit right in the middle of the road and don't move over when your coming the other way, had a few near misses with that one!

When I was younger we had a communal ST141 Corona wagon that every one on the farm used, one of the workers modified the rear window washer to squirt water at tail gating cars, it was quite effective when some red food colouring was put in it!

Hayden

The tourists sit on about 40-50kms in their crappy camper van, The limit on all the roads is 110... They very rarely pull over to let you over take...

Those ones really really really annoy me as well. The only ones that are worse than that are those that start to pick up speed when the overtaking lane is approaching so that once you get to it, they are going on or even above the speed limit.

When you've got a power advantage though, this doesn't really matter too much in the end, but it's getting more risky as I've seen a fair few cops starting to hide at the end of an overtaking section of road ready to catch those who spped up a bit to overtake such example mentioned above.

The tourists sit on about 40-50kms in their crappy camper van, The limit on all the roads is 110... They very rarely pull over to let you over take...

Those ones really really really annoy me as well. The only ones that are worse than that are those that start to pick up speed when the overtaking lane is approaching so that once you get to it, they are going on or even above the speed limit.

When you've got a power advantage though, this doesn't really matter too much in the end, but it's getting more risky as I've seen a fair few cops starting to hide at the end of an overtaking section of road ready to catch those who spped up a bit to overtake such example mentioned above.

After that Sydney trip I don't ever want to see another Winnebago again.

Rant: idiot Lancer Vrx who tried to drag me in Friday afternoon traffic along Ann St in the valley. Stupid scrag, well done on almost wiping out the car in front of you.

Rant: idiot Lancer Vrx who tried to drag me in Friday afternoon traffic along Ann St in the valley. Stupid scrag, well done on almost wiping out the car in front of you.

Being able to do that in broad day light ...... welll ..... is the only reason I'll be relocating to Brissy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: