What did you do to your car today?

well last nite, i filled it full of new coolant, replaced a hose, and discovered my PS is leaking like a sieve :( (from a high pressure hose i suspect)

oh well, who needs PS anyway, right?

Daryl, how much you spend on the 75,000km servicing? My is due in a month time i think..

From Southside Toyota Wooloongabba I payed $207.50. I provided my own engine oil and requested they not use their washer additive. My engine air filter was recently changed as well so they didn't have a need to change it. If you haven't changed yours since last service, they may consider it dirty and change it... adding a little more cost to the service.

changed stock number plate light and boot light to white led.

wanted to change the interior and dome light too

but still figuring how to remove the covers and dont know what type of bulbs will fit there

( i remember DJKOR has a topic on how to remove the covers.. need to dig it out)

what about the bulb type anyone?

D35

Edited by D35

I ran some errands and gave it a nice drive after last nights events. Nearly had another accident. Scarily enough, the situation was just like the last near miss but replace a female driver with a senior.

Then came home and cleaned out my throttle body.

but still figuring how to remove the covers and dont know what type of bulbs will fit there

( i remember DJKOR has a topic on how to remove the covers.. need to dig it out)

That would be this topic:

Interior Lights

what about the bulb type anyone?

Most interior lights on Toyota's these days are 31mm festoon bulb for the dome light and T10 for everything else.

Just gave her a once over in preparation for QR tomorrow. Felt good looking at her from underneath. I like a girl on top :ph34r:

Am just about to take her out for a drive again to make sure she feels nice and good.

i was going to wash her but didnt, i warmed her up, carried out a upper cylinder head clean, so spray half a can into your intake manifold, let it sit for 5, run the car and take a vacuum line off and while its running spray the 2nd half can, so it cleans your intake, your valves and clynders... well its ment to anyway... didnt notice much difference in driving, slightly, but will let you's know fuel economy in a week or 2, depends how i drive, i roughtly get 620km now...

TX3 update:

OK, so I thought I would go through the car today and make sure it was ready for starting tomorrow. So I removed the stock airbox, and gave the VAF a little clean, only to then discover my VAF>POD adapter doesn't quite fit right, and the opening is slightly too small. OK, no problem, nothing the dremmel can't fix hey? So I will worry about that tomorrow. Next I thought I would remove my good valve cover so I can go get it blasted and recoated, and put the crappy polished cover on for now. Wow, this takes a long time! And it's really hard to get things off out of the way...

Only to then find this...:

p1909092219.jpg

Blown head gasket or cracked head at cylinder #3. I guess I'm lucky I decided to be thorough before throwing 16psi of boost at it...

Gav.

^ Wow. I completely missed when you got yourself a mesh grill. The silver looks quite nice. Gives it a machine look.

Yeah, picked up the grill and eyelids courtesy of Ari. Good timing too given the difficulties it seems people are having getting them from the usual haunts.

Put them on the day before I went away for work the end of August (and you in Melbourne), but after the last meet I had been to (has it really been that long).

^ Wow. I completely missed when you got yourself a mesh grill. The silver looks quite nice. Gives it a machine look.

Yeah, picked up the grill and eyelids courtesy of Ari. Good timing too given the difficulties it seems people are having getting them from the usual haunts.

Put them on the day before I went away for work the end of August (and you in Melbourne), but after the last meet I had been to (has it really been that long).

Nice one Michael, the silver looks GREAT, you haven't block out the bottom part?? Use the same silver combination, i think it will look great as well...