What did you do to your car today?

Forgot to make a post when it all happened but as planned, last Saturday I got around to finishing off my 150,000km service. This involved changing the radiator fluid and the fuel filter. One thing to note is that the Aurion specifies its first coolant change to occur at 150,000km due to the use of their Super Long Life Coolant (SLLC). I know of some people that really didn't trust this service interval and had theirs changed earlier, however I decided to trust it and see how it went. After draining it, I must say I am quite impressed at how clean it came out. It was pretty much like the day it would have gone in. I filled a bottle and this is pretty much how it looks (a little darker due to the bottle being white):

di-13134804787816.jpg

Also, today I had finally made the change. Follow the next link for all the info:

DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2 : Page 20

Installed my TRD 3-point strut brace (well, actually did it last night after work, in the dark, in my driveway, which explains the crappy photos)

Engine-bay went from this

20120920_174553_zpsc627f578.jpg

to this

20120920_184759_zpsebef6b5f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took the TRD for some happy laps today at QR organised by Downshift and Club High Rollers. Had about 100 or so cars attend and got pretty busy in the corners but was good down the straights to open her up. Wasn't there for times or records, just for some fun.

Some shaky video of the first lap:

decat and loving the torque increase

If getting rid of your cat has meant a noticeable increase, then your cat was stuffed to begin with...

So painted all the door handles today. Picture doesn't do much justice but after the clear coat over it, the black really pops!

With very fine sandpaper I sandpapered the silver off them to bare plastic then put 5 light layers of gloss black then 2 layers of clear.

photo-3.jpg

Today had to unscrew all the cables to reposition the amp & monoblock etc.

BEST decision ever. I used to have my sub facing the rear seat. Now I turned it around and what a HUUUGE difference in bass. I'm loving it!

photo-4.jpg

:D

Edited by Silver-Aurion

I used to have my sub facing the rear seat. Now I turned it around and what a HUUUGE difference in bass. I'm loving it!

Try placing it as far to the left it right of the boot as possible and face it sideways and hear how that sounds. Even if you just try it.

I used to have my sub facing the rear seat. Now I turned it around and what a HUUUGE difference in bass. I'm loving it!

Try placing it as far to the left it right of the boot as possible and face it sideways and hear how that sounds. Even if you just try it.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean bro. I think it was your car, maybe the sportivo or the TRD, how you had your sub setup in the in boot. Remember seeing a picture like that not to long ago.

Tried to install catch-can yesterday, hit a big brick wall as I couldn't get the bracket to fit anywhere in the engine bay (mainly due to my CAI pipe and TRD strut brace). Looks like I'll have to get a custom bracket made up to mount to the old airbox/transmission mount bracket as that is the only real space in the engine bay big enough, then get new lines and fittings to suit.

Also changed all the drive belts (Alt-WP, AC, WP-PS) which is a real pain, but now my engine is squeak/whistle free :D Culprit looks to be the pin-hole in the WP-PS belt, that and the fact that both the AC and WP-PS belts look to be original factory items (confirmed by the original owner, my dad) :P The amount of things on this car that haven't had to be replace in it's 15 year ~370,000km life continue to amaze me, especially the clutch and brake rotors.

Got some CWEST coilovers, I did not even know CWEST made coilovers anyways they have just been rebuilt with Koni Yellow inserts so should be good to go.

come with two sets of front springs different rates.

Hopping to install them next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I took the sidesteps off my 2009 Kluger Grande. Even though they're genuine, I find them impractical. I can get in and out without having to use them, and if people do use them there's the risk of eventually rubbing away the paint with the front of shoes.

I have a potential buyer for them (I'm asking $550; they're about $880 new) and the sale will fund my purchase of a nudge bar.

(Actually I lied here......my son-in-law did the actual removal. He reckoned I'd be too fat to get underneath and remove the bolts. I would've given him a can of whoop ar*e if it wasn't true!)

• 4 weeks later...

Not many posts in here lately.

Last week I gave her its half yearly oil change. And that's about it.

Still haven't cleaned it since I last posted ^^ just above. The weather is too hot and been way too busy to worry about that lately. Should hopefully do it soon though.

• 5 weeks later...

Gave her a very good 4 hour clean inside and out. Gotta love that shine.

WOwwwwwwwwwwwww, I haven't cleaned the car since October! Work has been extremely busy unfortunately, but thankfully I'm now on a one month break from work after the Christmas break. I think I'll give it the best wash/detail inside out it deserves really soon. Dust off the mother clay bars, meguiars waxes and polishes, mothers wax attack buffer and all that good stuff and fall in love with her once again :)

Edited by Silver-Aurion

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm posting here once again. So I bit the bullet and got off my lazy ***** and decided to finally clean the car. At first I was going to do a simple wash and dry but I thought nah, screw that I'll go all out and detail it.

So what was done:

Two washes, had to do it twice because the car was so dirty the first time round wasn't even enough to cut through the oils/dirt/mud/dust.

Then I used the mothers clay bar kit, washed again for the third time and used meguirs nxt gen 2,0 wax with the motheres wax attack buffer then to top it off tyre shined all tyres.

Today I'm going to to detail the interior as last night it took me almost 5 hours to clean the outside so was too tired to continue.

Car is looking amazing and body work is smooth as a babies bottom :lol:

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Cara got a flat on the Soarer last weekend, so got a new pair of front tyres yesterday - Kumho KU39 Le Sports, cheaper than the KU36s that were on there previously and will hopefully last a fair bit longer too (downside of heavy car, tight LSD and road-oriented semi-slicks...)

Cara got a flat on the Soarer last weekend, so got a new pair of front tyres yesterday - Kumho KU39 Le Sports, cheaper than the KU36s that were on there previously and will hopefully last a fair bit longer too (downside of heavy car, tight LSD and road-oriented semi-slicks...)

Apparently supposed to compete with the Michelin Pilot Sport III according to the blokes @ Option1Garage. Let us know how they go.