What did you do to your car today?

I started to work on my cam covers for my new head. It's my long term project.

wcjvic.jpg

It'll see some machine work in the down the track.

Also took some photos of the car but too lazy to post them up but here's one!

21l8obn.jpg

Also bought a MINE'S tuned ECU and it should be here in a week or so.

Drove it around quite a bit today to look at some open houses. Then picked up some rubber hose (needed a bit of flexibility) and re-made my upper intake resonator bypass. Last revision did not have that much flexibility and I wanted to make it a little different. Was running with my resonator in it's place for quite a while so it's nice to have the induction sound back again.

install my Pioneer DVD player today.

Took my existing headunit off but stuck with all cables behind....... :wacko:

I thought it would be easy to replace with same brand product but still too hard for myself.

Somebody help ~~~

I thought it would be easy to replace with same brand product but still too hard for myself.

You should find that even though the plug into the head unit is different, the colours of the wires coming out of it are the same. They use a pretty good standard these days. You just need to connect the new Pioneer harness to the stock harness wire for wire like the previous one. If that fails, a multimeter and a 1.5 volt battery is all you need to work everything out.

I would have been able to give you a hand tomorrow, but Sam is hungry and now she's all excited when I said that she can eat some R.Colt's tomorrow :P

Well i suppose i should get it off my chest...6.10am this morning,still half asleep on my way to work,i reverse out the driveway,drove up the road about 4 houses and out from behind a parked car a possum strolls out into the middle of the road,i instinctivly i jagged the wheel left and missed the farkin rodent and scrapped my LHF wheel against the gutter and gave it some minor gutter rash....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway whats done is done,my question now is who can fix it? Any members in Melbourne that know a good place for repair,any help would be much appreciated. :)

you will get heaps of hits when you google something along the lines of "wheel repair melbourne"... depending on damage, you will be quoted anywhere from $120-180 a wheel.

cheapest place i've found is Coburg Wheel Repair... mates have used them and got good results:

27 Audrey Ave

Coburg VIC 3058

(03) 9354 4641

You should find that even though the plug into the head unit is different, the colours of the wires coming out of it are the same. They use a pretty good standard these days. You just need to connect the new Pioneer harness to the stock harness wire for wire like the previous one. If that fails, a multimeter and a 1.5 volt battery is all you need to work everything out.

I would have been able to give you a hand tomorrow, but Sam is hungry and now she's all excited when I said that she can eat some R.Colt's tomorrow :P

haha i know that. Go ahead! let the honda guys know who is the boss!

washed my car... removed dealership number plate covers, number plates are so clean, car looks way better....

also my led parker is starting to flicker nsf.. gay!

also, my car chopped a VL commodore, chrome wheels, clear taillights, monster tacho... as soon as lift kicked in, passenger looked at my car and his jaw dropped, thats right fellas, your v6 got munched by a 4cyl !

washed my car... removed dealership number plate covers, number plates are so clean, car looks way better....

also my led parker is starting to flicker nsf.. gay!

also, my car chopped a VL commodore, chrome wheels, clear taillights, monster tacho... as soon as lift kicked in, passenger looked at my car and his jaw dropped, thats right fellas, your v6 got munched by a 4cyl !

haha! thats the spirit! LOL

anyway, i cleaned the interior of my car today. fully cleaned now :) hehe...

not a good idea to clean the exterior at the moment. as weather in perth is not too good at the moment. the wind is causing all the leaves etc to fall right into my car T_T

gutted my ac and placed the heater and other bits back under the dash , somethings come over me and i am thinking about selling my stivo so i can spend money on my 82 :(

Picked up some Meguiar's Gold Class Wax pretty cheap so I might give the car a good clay/wax in the next few weeks.. Knowing me, I'll probably put it off for a long time.. Quick question, does clay remove the existing layer of wax?

It will strip some wax back, but not as effectively as you would probably want. For best results, you should buy a car wash product that is formulated to remove existing wax to prepare the car for polishing etc.

For me though, I prefer to clean the car with a good dishwashing liquid to really take the wax off before claying it. Here is the word of caution though.

If you are going to use dishwashing liquid, don't use this method too often. It isn't the most friendly for your car as it can strip oils from parts of the car that really need it like rubber trims etc. If you are only claying your car twice a year and cleaning it by this method when you do so, I don't see it creating any issues... but that is from my point of view with my car etc.

By stripping the wax before hand like that you can ensure that when you clay, you get the best possible result without your clay bar getting 'clogged' too often.

Anyways, what did I do to my car today? I cleaned out the interior and packed it with all my stuff I will need for work over the next couple of weeks in Canberra. I also gave it a good bath... even though it's going to get dirty on the highway tonight. I don't know why I bother; I just can't help it.

Bought a new headunit. Nothing fancy but cheaper than a 2008 toyota headunit. Oh its a dodgy china brand one but hey apparently it works... Just not well. But thats all I want so yay.

Install my dvd headunit on and it is working!

3 hours job with my mate form a computer shop (He turns down few clients and put some laptops waiting for repair aside and doing my dvd headunit harness for 3 hours!! What a good friend.)

The result is very good, we disable the break cable so i can watch video while driving. Sorry i mean my passenger :P . lol

i spent 700 bucks on ice today :)

Hey Evil...i spent $270 on beer for the Cup Day bash...your ice and my beer sound like a match made in heaven. ;)

on a serious note what did ya buy?

Well i suppose i should get it off my chest...6.10am this morning,still half asleep on my way to work,i reverse out the driveway,drove up the road about 4 houses and out from behind a parked car a possum strolls out into the middle of the road,i instinctivly i jagged the wheel left and missed the farkin rodent and scrapped my LHF wheel against the gutter and gave it some minor gutter rash....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway whats done is done,my question now is who can fix it? Any members in Melbourne that know a good place for repair,any help would be much appreciated. :)

you will get heaps of hits when you google something along the lines of "wheel repair melbourne"... depending on damage, you will be quoted anywhere from $120-180 a wheel.

cheapest place i've found is Coburg Wheel Repair... mates have used them and got good results:

27 Audrey Ave

Coburg VIC 3058

(03) 9354 4641

Thanks mate for your response...i found a guy in Braeside that maybe able to help me. :)